P~Dark Templar stratergies

Dark Zeratul

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dark Templar stratergies

My fav starcraft unit is the Dark Templar but i need some stratergies to stop them getting detected. A unit to support the Dark Templar would be great or just some helpful stratergies

Dark Templar Rule! :lucifer

rune_warrior

Member!
Reaction score
just kill all overlords science vessels and observers. turrets spores cannons and comsats. then have fun killing your enemy. this should go in protoss forum but oh well.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
It's impossible to kill all overlords, observers that early because

you're going straight for Dark Templars. Dark Templar rush works

fine against Terran, but i don't know about Protoss. just make

sure you enemy is not building cannons, missile turrets, or

comsat station. and if he already did. attack other areas where

there is no cannons...etc. if enemy uses comsat station, just pull

back your DTs and wait til its gone. Use shuttles too if its necessary.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I like doing Dark Templar attacks where I rush Dark Templar and shuttles and load them up and attack the enemy base where there is the least detection. I can also be nice to have a small army of zealots to take some damge on the shuttles too, maybe 1 per shuttle, and always have an observer watching where the enemy has the least detection and go stright for that spot and drop.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think Dts work better against toss than terran, imo. Terran seems to get that e-bay faster not to mention having to deal with spider mines.

RATMex_B

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Using Dark Templars

(Firsty I wanted to start a new thread for this, but found this one and assumed, that it is appropriate.)

When Dark templars were brougth to StarCraft with Brood Wars, I almost instanty realized, that they are good for nothing. They are more expensive than zealots and weaker than them.
If you want to use their invisibility, the enemy detects them within seconds and thus they are no advatage to zealots anymore.
The only reason I build dark templars is to make instantly dark archons out of them.

So please, can anyone give me some advice, how to use dark templars, or tell where lies their strength?
Or any tactic which includes dark templars...

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
their strength lies in attack terran idiots who have no detectors(aka the com)

also for when an enemy is massing an army and they c u have no guys they assume ur going to die get an army of templars and butchering time

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyway, if you want the best out of your dts, use them against toss. Unless he builds lots of cannons like an idiot or he goes 1 gate goon robo tech.

You could use them against terran except in beyond newbie level because most terran builds will have an early e-bay. Not to mention spider mines. As for comsat, dts can easily milk it.

Against zerg, you will need corsairs to drop overlords, but this requires dual teching which is a no no against zerg on grounds maps.

RATMex_B

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, if they are good only againts weak playing oponents, then it seems, that they are definitely good for nothing. :(
I thank you guys for your confirmation.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the best ones are dropping them into minerals patchs and destroy the scv or drone the get out, a hit and run strat.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wel going dt i say the key is to get a lot of gas as fast as u can. as u no dt uses a lot of gas to get units to the spot. so the more gas u have the more dts u can get. second detectors as we all no unless terrans has comsat, turrents or sci vessal, they would be toast toss cannons go around them obs have ur own obs and send a few goons to get rid of them. now zerg is the hardest one since the have such an early detection with lords
i usally dont go for dt vs zerg. best ground combo for tos is zeal goon combo. zeal move so fast and goons take out the air.... i guess scouts and goons are good too

aphextwin

Reaction score
If it’s a pvz, go sairs and dt… sairz to kill ol and dt to finish the job. If its pvt, I don’t recommend you go dt unless the terran don’t have any turrets around………….. but that’ll be stupid for the terran. If its pvp try to bring a reaver and observer with you

P

protoss lord

acctualy the best way to fight both zerg and terr w/ dts is to mix 1 arcon per 2 dt detecting turrets automaticcaly aim for invisible units so your dts take a little bit of dammage while your arcons squash the turrets it takes a little sacrafice on your dts but it works like a charm for miss. turrets and spores, for lords just have your arcons attack them and then rush w/ dts. works everytime.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
That requires huge amount of minerals and gas, you need at least 2 or more expansions to pump out DTs, Archons like that. and even before you make em, you won't have that many units at the beginning. Zerglings will easily overwhelm you. samething goes to Terran. Vulture alone can take care of DTs.

More Archons = Less Dragoons
Terran > Protoss

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PvP : Dt are used when they don't go 1 gate robo tech, while u turtle in base get shuttle + dt and drop them(your main goal here is to either kill probe/gateway/or finish nexus) don't use ur dt on units --v

PvT: get scout at start to suprise terran, then switch to DT and contain them so they can't expand. simply macro like a mofo atfer that

PvZ: DT/sair and DT expo rapes

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
going mass DT's means ur just gonna get raped, unless ur ultra fast at getting tehm

once u tech enough to get past the detectors, ull probably be dead

focusing on dark temps isnt teh way to go...

~JLeeAZN~