Official BattleForums.com Anniversary Contest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
sorry but im not talking to you. do you make videos? lets see whose better making one? im trying to contribute(fortunately i love graphics designs and video editing) as well as trying very hard to win the contest. xp

are you trying to tell that im only here for the prizes. well if i say that is half truth then whats wrong? why did the sponsor/mod advertised the contest like it was for everybody and for FREE in the first place? and not only for old time users like you.

its like a lottery. unknown people can win. il take my chances.

im just at the right place at the right time. fortunately im new here and i have a lot to say and offer like creating videos, and plus the fact i am motivated by the contest. i know whats its like to be an older member just like i am in other forums, i dont post anymore a lot because there are few things to talk about and you are tired seeing replies from your old buddies.

if im new to a forum, i do my best to be a regular member asap as well trying to make contribution by posting and sharing ideas that i already did in other forums to be welcomed and be known asap.

well to tell you the truth im already registered on 5 blizzard related sites/forums, and im planning to join new ones and i found this, at first i was having second though but when i saw the contest i quickly join knowing that i have a chance of winning since im new (lots to post/say considering im trying to improve my written english plus the fact that im after the prizes as well. xp). what a fortunate coincidence.

and im still wondering why there are few post at this time. the contest has already started people. id take it if theres no challenge for the contest. lol. seriously its a competition what do you expect from me a post per day?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
im just at the right place at the right time. fortunately im new here and i have a lot to say and offer like creating videos, and plus the fact i am motivated by the contest. i know whats its like to be an older member just like i am in other forums, i dont post anymore a lot because there are few things to talk about and you are tired seeing replies from your old buddies.
You misundestand. The general population of old members are disgruntled at the fact they've been loyal since (pretty much) BF was created and are essentially being treated like **** relative to the contest in the sense that they're on the same playing field as "members" that likely will not even be staying beyond the contest deadlines.

but i make videos and they are actually mine. i dont know how i can prove that the vids i uploaded here are mine, but i have an account in youtube but with a different name and most of my videos have no copyright notice etc. =\

admin, a little help here about videos? so if its a gameplay video submission you can also steal them from other users and upload it here, right?

so what kind of videos are allowed in the contest?
There are many ways to prove your videos are yours. I personally think the video idea is ridiculous. It's too easy to steal a video and claim it's yours (even editing in stuff that would supposedly "prove" that its yours.) not to mention it's pretty easy to simply fraps gameplay and upload it due to the lax/unexplained requirements.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I'm gonna go steal some vids off youtube and then add "By Johnny for Battleforums" in window's movie maker. BRB

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
You misundestand. The general population of old members are disgruntled at the fact they've been loyal since (pretty much) BF was created and are essentially being treated like **** relative to the contest in the sense that they're on the same playing field as "members" that likely will not even be staying beyond the contest deadlines.

There are many ways to prove your videos are yours. I personally think the video idea is ridiculous. It's too easy to steal a video and claim it's yours (even editing in stuff that would supposedly "prove" that its yours.) not to mention it's pretty easy to simply fraps gameplay and upload it due to the lax/unexplained requirements.
well thats the good thing about the contest really. no bias and such. every member has equal chances. as for the older member well its kind of unfortunate well anyway if you are really indeed loyal and are legend poster on this forum then why not try to prove it more by winning the contest and beating all newbies like me.

well one thing for sure, if people here are hospitable and got some more interesting stuffs to say and post then surely i will be on this forum for a long time. but right now im kinda focus on the contest but dont worry every post are sincere and with complete interest on my part. i will not post randomly and nonsense just to add up more points. anyway this is kinda fun for me coz im trying really hard to get well with my english and there is a contest at the same time. il just wait and see what happens.

i still dont understand the video for the contest? you just upload a gameplay video? of what? diablo 2, starcraft? so it should be interesting like killling diablo the first time in 5 minutes?

why not just any videos editing relating to games as long as it is yours. i would gladly make a new one with my signature for authentication.

i already pm the admin but still got no reply.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
oh no.

seriously, i need to know more info about the video for the contest. i did pm any admin i just went to the help link.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I have discussed that with Dragn already. Should he continue the spam, his points will be cut in half in the final total.

I believe the rules state that there should be no spamming allowed in the Intro Sections.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Everyone has a point. It could be very frustrating knowing that you are on the same playing ground as newbs but this contest simply promotes activity. Although I'm curious about more details about the articles and videos as well.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
This contest promotes activity for a week.

I guarentee you maybe 2 or 3 new members total will stay after it's over. And they'll be complete idiots anyway.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
More than likely, Mike. But whatever, a new member is a new member! QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Got some damn good precognition powers there..
Oh hey, remember last contest where a handful of new people joined for the contest, which DragnSkull ruined, and two weeks after the conest not one member who signed up during it stayed?

No, you don't because you wern't here. I was, I saw it happen once, and I guarentee you it'll happen again. We'll get maybe 5 members tops, 2 of which will be alright, 2 will be more annoying than Vadriel, and the other one will be a DM clone always sucking up and looking everything in a positive light instead of the true light.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Again .

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
so he ruin everything? what did he actually do?

he won a previous contest by spamming? or was the contest canceled because the admins can't handle the cheaters etc..?

if i will win... i would definitely stay in this forum forever. well until i stop playing games.

if i will not win...............................
i would still be active. xp

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
you would not be active STOP LYING DAMNIT

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Oh hey, remember last contest where a handful of new people joined for the contest, which DragnSkull ruined, and two weeks after the conest not one member who signed up during it stayed?

No, you don't because you wern't here. I was, I saw it happen once, and I guarentee you it'll happen again. We'll get maybe 5 members tops, 2 of which will be alright, 2 will be more annoying than Vadriel, and the other one will be a DM clone always sucking up and looking everything in a positive light instead of the true light.
We will get a few of you in there too. You're not that unique. Not at all infact. You know what you said isn't completely true, if anything it's the reverse. No ones doing anything about what I said regarding the rules, not even you. So in actuality, I'm trying to see things in a positive light as well as securing what the true light and state of things are. I wish I could say the same about you all the time but I really can't.

As for the last contest, I heard more then one person ruined it.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I think you some of the "veterans" are a bit too pessimistic about the contest. I was not here from the start so I cannot say I understand the previous situation. Contests are suppose to promote activity, new members, and most of all.. positive morale. I have never heard about this site before Donny introduced me to the contest so it is a very good advertisement for the site. There will also be greedy people who want to abuse it but do not think that everyone is greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.