Official BattleForums.com Anniversary Contest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
so he ruin everything? what did he actually do?

he won a previous contest by spamming? or was the contest canceled because the admins can't handle the cheaters etc..?

if i will win... i would definitely stay in this forum forever. well until i stop playing games.

if i will not win...............................
i would still be active. xp
Why prolong the inevitable, just leave now.

@tker: The "greedy" are those that just joined because they had an incentive to, ie, the contest. You wouldn't have joined, and neither would the other dozen or so Aug 08s if it wasn't for the contest. You are right though, it is these "greedy" people that are ruining the contest.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
We will get a few of you in there too. You're not that unique. Not at all infact. You know what you said isn't completely true, if anything it's the reverse. No ones doing anything about what I said regarding the rules, not even you. So in actuality, I'm trying to see things in a positive light as well as securing what the true light and state of things are. I wish I could say the same about you all the time but I really can't.

As for the last contest, I heard more then one person ruined it.
But that's where you're wrong, oh so very wrong. The Devils greatest trick was to convince man he wasn't a threat.

Also, last contest there was suddenly an influx of "How To" threads (cause they gave the most points per effort or something) from Dragonskull, which included ones like "how to cure a headache" and "how to take a piss", and other things that were common ****ing knowledge. Bout a week later he's bragging about his shiny new iPod or whatever it was. Cheeze tried to do the same thing, but either got banned for "abusing" the system, or just kinda said **** it cause Dragn was so far ahead wiht all his stupid bull**** that it wasn't worth it.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Why prolong the inevitable, just leave now.

@tker: The "greedy" are those that just joined because they had an incentive to, ie, the contest. You wouldn't have joined, and neither would the other dozen or so Aug 08s if it wasn't for the contest. You are right though, it is these "greedy" people that are ruining the contest.
Unless this community offers something unique that the rest of the millions of gaming communites don't have, then most likely people are going to want incentives to join. But having contests with this caliber of prizes tells me that the admin(s) care about the community. And yes, everyone that joined around Aug 08 is probably in it for the contest, but do not assume that everyone will leave after the contest.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Unless this community offers something unique that the rest of the millions of gaming communites don't have, then most likely people are going to want incentives to join. But having contests with this caliber of prizes tells me that the admin(s) care about the community. And yes, everyone that joined around Aug 08 is probably in it for the contest, but do not assume that everyone will leave after the contest.
I don't think I single active poster here joined simply because they had a chance to win a PS2 or an XBOX or 200$ or whatever. They joined for the community, something you guys didn't.

People assumed that the newbies would stay after the contests were over the last few we've had. Too bad people weren't there to tell us not assume then.

Would you seriously stay if you weren't allowed to join in on this contest, but could be in next year's if you were still active? Knowing that the admins care about their regular members, you should be working to become one.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Well then it's very unfortunate that has happened. This unfriendly feel from some of the members isn't going to make numbers any better, or the site's reputation for that matter. Again, I am completely new and do not know any of the history so in essence I am assuming things as well.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I joined to troll the entire forums. Going on 5 years of being a bitch. I think I deserve to celebrate by winning a PS3 without any effort on my part. Anyone agree?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I joined to troll the entire forums. Going on 5 years of being a bitch. I think I deserve to celebrate by winning a PS3 without any effort on my part. Anyone agree?
"This forum deserves a better class of troll" - The Joker

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
"This forum deserves a better class of troll" - The Joker
Wow. I am like The Joker only Battleforums. Lets hope I don't OD now that I've reach the pinnacle of my trolling.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But that's where you're wrong, oh so very wrong. The Devils greatest trick was to convince man he wasn't a threat.

Also, last contest there was suddenly an influx of "How To" threads (cause they gave the most points per effort or something) from Dragonskull, which included ones like "how to cure a headache" and "how to take a piss", and other things that were common ****ing knowledge. Bout a week later he's bragging about his shiny new iPod or whatever it was. Cheeze tried to do the same thing, but either got banned for "abusing" the system, or just kinda said **** it cause Dragn was so far ahead wiht all his stupid bull**** that it wasn't worth it.
again: those how to's didnt give me a single point, cheeze was banned for googling and copy/pasting stuff.

and yes, it was a shiny new ipod.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
actually cheeze was banned for spamming info posts in the void learn your facts and stop spreading false info kthx

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
just let the battle continue.. ok? all square and fair.

when i finally become a thousand poster here, i would not mind a newbie win a prize on a contest here. he won, he deserved it. yah easy for me to say. xp

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Everyone avoids the true state of things. You did too, about 15 minutes ago.
When have I ever avoided the true state of things on this site?

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I am on vacation right now so I can not answer all of your questions. First off, you need to be careful with what yoi say to other members, or I will be disqualifying you from the contest. That includes you renzo. Now please encourage each other and seriously mature up (for those who need to).

Donny

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It ended with ''meh''. Yet you'll bitch when I warn you. Gee. :/

Useless.
It's like you try to act cool by speaking all riddly, buttttttttttt....

Status
Not open for further replies.