O~ Wryvns

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wryvns

All Wryvns as bad as everyone says they all, well lets just say many people say differently. When i was just starting to play this game all i have ever heard wen i entered a game was that wryvns are the worst units ever in this game or that they are just really bad air units. Well after i started to get in higher ranked games and like about 4 or more months ago people wont stop giong mass wryvns or atleast having them as there main unit wen fighting. Have Wryvns changed in that short time period of time or have people just realized that the poisen attack is good and that they can attack pretty good.

My question is this, do u use wryvns or not, and y.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
they must be noobs, i cant counter wyrvens so ez!

sorceress polymorph, dispel magic on ur shamans, bring a few knights and gyrocopters. gyros do good dmg vs air, knights are best melee for humans, sorcs, and priests cause havoc, need i say more?

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well most people go for wryvens since alot of people (especially other orc players) just mass melee ground.

From what I found is that Orc has no good anti-air. At all! (I hope this to change for the expo).

But like sword said they can be countered easy (but not like he is suggesting)

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use Mass Wyvs because they're pretty weak and they have low HP.i'd rather use headhunters:D

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
the only way to play with the Wyverns it's fully upgraded..till then they don't worth the money not the trouble. And not even then, to be honnest. a lvl 3 chain and few casters and his air will blow up in seconds.

it can work if u have a nice micro..and u have another orc player that goes fully casters. maybe wyverns sucks, but bloodlusted ones are not too bad.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What makes them even more oppressed is that they relatively cost the same as Gryphon Riders, and they deal less damage and are less useful.

SharpSho0ter.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wyvrens only own with some backup, bloodlust ur wyvrens and post a healing ward and you have a army, mass wyvrens will get you in trouble

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wyvrens are my good what you talking about? Then can kill my melee units and heroes.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Wverns? best to have strong heros and shamans to purge the ****ers who run. wyvern with poison is good, even with CL, if u have a whole army attacking a hero you can kill it extremely fast.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
it all depends... for gryphs... u nid to get tier 3 n build ur aviary... as for wyverns... u can get ur beastiery at tier 2 n once tier 3 comes u can start pumpin... bloodlust is usually a must for them

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
another nice tac will be tc bm 8 shamans or so n ard 6 wyverns... as most ground anti air r weak in hp (archer, HH, riflemen)

u get ur tc to tank n stun (conceal you wyverns first) in tt process lightnin shield as mani of em then finish with wyverns... use purge against melee heroes such as DH BM or MK... preventing them from comin to frontlines

wyverns are GREAT hero killers when coupled with Bloodlust... forget about wards... since their hp is low... purge heroes n finish with wyverns

all in a day's work!

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
5 wyverns r gd enuff to actually take out heroes... of course bloodlust included... with poison it rox more...

the only sucky thing abt wyverns r their pathetic hp... tt is y u should take out ur enemy's anti air (haf fun with lightning shield)

n now that shamans have FINALLY been beefed... (all the way frm the start they have been nerfed again and again) there r so many reasons y shamans r so impt now... if u play orcs now (forget abt theory lets talk about practical) abt 8 shamans r all u need n it seems that u can bloodlust n still lightning shield almost indefinitely... in the past... after bloodlust they only have mana for a few purges...

Vash Stampide

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wyvs are good units if u know how to use them. i think is the best unit focusing fire that are in the game maybe archers could bee in second is u micro well and heal ur wyvs with heal scroll and some docs u will win (focusing fire with wyvs of course).

And for poly i always buy like 1 or 2 wands against humans and undead players so i just dispell that ****ing poly. :) :shoot

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wyvs are dangerous to confront Archers. Archers are numerous, and I'll probably spot more Archers now. Wyvs take quite a bit from Archers.