O~ Wryvns

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
ya u can never use wyverns against archers... especially now with many NE players doing mass archers... as for mrs starfall... most 1v1 games if u allow your enemy to reach level 6 itx pretty bad... n since many ppl use dh as 1st hero... potm is always a 2nd hero... if the 2nd hero is able to be level 6... u r in for shit... doesnt matter what tact u use... but when u see that ur enemy potm is level 6 n above... be prepared to get 2 raiders with ensnare ^_^

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you allowed your enemy's second hero to hit level 6, you were asking for it, since that means either

a) You didn't creep enough and the enemy did.
b) You went the wrong unit combo and stuck with it, thus giving your enemy monster experience.

As for going up against mass Archers, probably spamming lots of Shockwave/CL could work. It seems to be Orcs' traditional way of handling low HP ground units. If it worked on Ghouls, it'll probably work even better on Archers.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RageWinterchill
If you allowed your enemy's second hero to hit level 6, you were asking for it, since that means either

a) You didn't creep enough and the enemy did.
b) You went the wrong unit combo and stuck with it, thus giving your enemy monster experience.

As for going up against mass Archers, probably spamming lots of Shockwave/CL could work. It seems to be Orcs' traditional way of handling low HP ground units. If it worked on Ghouls, it'll probably work even better on Archers.
Ya, I realy hate shockwave against ghouls and archers. Orc doesn't seem to have to much problems against shockwave since their units have mad HP.

Wyverns are realy good if u use em right. and if u can get some ground and micro right they can be realy useful no matter what.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
yep wyverns are real killers if they are bloodlusted... and with the help of some lightning shield and a nice shockwave... an army of spellcasters/small units r gonna be badly owned

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ya, I realy hate shockwave against ghouls and archers. Orc doesn't seem to have to much problems against shockwave since their units have mad HP.
Wave against Archers = doom for them. Not fair!

Triple Wave against Archers = a load of swearing from me :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by havocidal
how abt wave n chain lightning :D
Chain lightning is a great spell against small units. Im pretty sure if u combined the two it could deal some massive damage.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Doesn't everybody use that already? I wish they would stop! -_-;;
Actualy no one gets a TC in my games so im happy

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Stomp + CL + Wave is even better. Stun, Shock, and whammo..... instant Archer meat, and enough mana to Quake and 'Storm with your BM.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But whacking up a ton of Archers is a boon to SCs, making the SCs able to boost Grunts to whack up Hunts/Bears while destroying Dryads.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
Stomp/Wave is some severe mana drainage, especially for a hero with such low mana. You'd need a pretty high level TC to get away with that stuff, and not to mention a lotta potions...
well... tc with 2 potions of mana = 3 shockwave... and a tc at any level has more than 200 base mana... that gives u 5 shockwave... all u need... and the damage...

5 L1 Wave: 375 Damage
5 L2 Wave: 650 Damage
5 L3 Wave: 1000 Damage

sloppyjoes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
all units have their weaknesses and strength..the wyvern's weakness is it's low hp and effectiveness in late game..but we all know that wyverns are probably the fastest units to get and also...u can use that to your advantage, use them to harrass workers, take out heros using purge. ppls sometimes get caught off guard and they probably dont' have that much of an anti air when u have 5-6 wyverns...but dont' wait to the late game when u have already gathered up and army of air units...by then your screwed!!

:fencing

:wavey :shoot

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by havocidal
well... tc with 2 potions of mana = 3 shockwave... and a tc at any level has more than 200 base mana... that gives u 5 shockwave... all u need... and the damage...

5 L1 Wave: 375 Damage
5 L2 Wave: 650 Damage
5 L3 Wave: 1000 Damage
I see what you're saying but that's not my point. My point is that using both Stomp and Shockwave makes for some very serious mana draining. I'd more than likely focus on a single spell first. With few exceptions, I always alternate between a spell and a passive skill for the first few levels. My only exceptions are heroes who have no passive skills (Lich/FS) or when I want my DK to get an early Pact.

grom

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my opinion

i think wyverns are awesome people just say they suck because wyverns are good and there opponnet probly kicks the living sh** out of him with the wyverns

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah they really do- 500 HP is nothing for a flying unit in comparison to the other races' air units- sure they do alright damage, but they are by far the worst air unit- they are still very very useful, but theyll require a lot more microing- wether with casters or them- to win consistantly

besides- orc has better strengths than their air

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I consider Gyros weaker than Wyvs.

Still, Wyvs can be quite deadly, but since I don't go Orc without NE ally it means I can focus. on ground and melee.

They're not too bad at air, and Orcs weren't made to go straight air. But it doesn't stop them from having several, albeit slightly weaker options.