O~ TFT Orc Strategy

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ORCS<><><><><<>><<>>

RUSH WITH A FS< SH< GRUNTS< AND DEMOLISHERS!!
THE ORCISH HORDE WILL LIKE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!!

peace and love{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that was one of the worst posts ive ever seen earthsiege- and 2 heros is not a rush at all

art of war, i was directing that hero deal at havocidal who said that he would get any other tft hero before the farseer

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok my tactic (works perfectly)
start out perfect with altar/burrow keep building peon on gold but take 1 on lumber at exact time burrow finishes. then u have ALWAYS enough on gold. build barrack with peon that finished burrow. keep building peon on lumber till u have 40 and make another burrow. then choose hero (i take pitlord or tc for splash/range spells) Make sure u make peon till 17 food so when barrack finishes u can exactly make 1 grunt. then go on with on tactic. i go to about 40/50 food grunt upgrade fast after and make wyv. creep allot in mean time or harras! my stats with this is 30/5 in 2o2

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
crap... that build order is crap... when u r rushing... nth else is concerned other than gettin ur tier 1 fast... for an orc to be successful in rushing... u need 5 grunts by first night and i am not kidding... 10 peons 1 hero and 5 grunts makes exactly 30 food which is 2 orc burrows...

on the net... i have seen ppl playin orcs... thinkin itx the best race at start cuz of fat grunts... but they do not bother abt getting them fast... which is all that matters...

the average player can get only 3 grunts by night and in some cases i see only 1 or 2... which is real miserable at times when i play RT... everyone agrees on grunt rush and my allies have 2 pathetic grunts... and also another tip on grunt rushing... is make sure u have 3 armor by the time the battle begins... after getting ur fifth grunt u shuld have enuff money to go on...

the formula of armor is real simple... every point of armor your units get... it is 106% of its base hp... so a grunt of 700 hp with 3 armor makes it 700 x 118% which gives u 826 hp... and with berserker... the real hp is 944...as for a fully upgraded grunt... itx real hp is actually 1136 hp... how much difference an armor makes and the importance of research...

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
great post havodidal- i really like that armor stat... are you sure about the berzerker thing though?.... hmm i dunno so i wont say anything....

anyway- ive realized 2 new strategies in team for TFT- among the other old strategies (eg casters) you now have a very good melee strategy in walkers and taurens, and you have an almost incredible anti air strategy in heads and docs- its like a tauren and troll family!

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
when i said berserker... i did not mean troll berserkers... i meant berserk strength... it gives additional 100 hp... so the formula is now changed to 800 multiplied by 118%... yep... so u get 944...

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
u can try it if u really don't believe... and i notice another thing abt evasion for demon hunter... the "misses" come together in a row... though the number ain't always there...

say u have level 3 evasion... which is 30%

say the first strike is a miss... it is natural that the next one will definitely be a miss... it comes together in a row... though the misses are random... they are always accurate no matter what... so lets say if there are 6 misses in a row... though highly impossible... the next 14 strikes will be a definite hit... then there is the next cycle... maybe 3 misses now... then 7 hits...

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
oh yes sorry guys... i forget to add one point abt the armor thing... that is a unit will always and always do at least 1 damage to the other unit no matter how high his armor or hp is... unless it is a miss... as for how high it goes... if i am not wrong... 50 is the maximum for armor... and anything beyond 50 is still counted as 50 armor...

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
i don't think any map has that many tomes to make ur hero 50 armor... the farthest i have ever seen was only 20 armor for normal game... and that was knights with inner fire... but it was in RoC then... armor for knights has been reduced now...

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, it was totally unfair in RoC with all that armor...thats if you were against them....:) its ok if you were using them.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A very effective unit for the Orc is the Demolisher. I've mainly been playing 4v4 RT for the hell of it, and I refer to it as "Gruntapult," which may very well be a popular orc strategy. Late game it's not nearly as effective but early on it literally.. owns. Most of my games have ended by 18 minutes (usually just because the asses build defense all around) with the least about 14 buildings razed by me alone. The beginning of my usual strategy is a hero rush with Far Seer.. which I can't believe anybody would insult. This hero is probably the most effective considering you are constantly remaking the Spirit Wolves.. it's also been the most annoying when used against me (which is why I started btw). If your good with micro, by the time you're done harassing their mining units or hero, you should have 4-6 Grunt sitting in your base.. and seeing as you have kept the enemy base visible the entire time because of the far seer, you know exactly what to strike and when.. and again then comes micro. You should be 1/1 with your town hall at least halfway done by now and more grunts rallied to your hero.. once the Demolishers come it's game have you been successful striking their base. Well.. so far it's worked.. my record in random tean 4v4 with it is at 16-2, with my actual being 17-3.. the other two games were mass Acolytes when I was screwing around with 10 Halls of the Dead (which btw owns Flying Machines hehe) each game.

EDIT: Before I get flamed, I DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT make up the name Gruntapult.

sickness

Reaction score
Website
3k.org
I dunno how much I like harassing with a FS as opposed to BM, I often use a gruntapult strat on RT 3v3, but seem to be less than successful with a FS if the player has the intelligence of a simian at least, though I have encountered scores of little kids that rate right up there with a jar of pickles on the brain-o-meter. Anyhow, yea, that is a nice strat, speciall since the demolishers make shorrt work of their tech tree while the grunts wreak havoc on any units their lame allies decided to send while I harassed. But what I really wanted to say was, 3-4 grunts, 3-4 HH,and 2 demolishers is what I like to strike with, I find it is much more effective to bring my own ranged units then to rely on retarded allies that can't build archers without help. duuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, thats a pathetic army....Though im not an orc player, I would think that a tauren chieftan with shockwave or w/e, 5 grunts for meat shield with 3-4 taurens if ya wanna get fancy, some casters (bloodlust, healing ward, statis trap)....that would be a lot better....then your demolishers can do massive damage before anyone gets to them....if they get to them.