O~ TFT Orc Strategy

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
TFT Orc Strategy

The Frozen Throne, opens up a whole new world of strategy for orc, thanks to the new units/hero. The new hero, personally my favorite when im not rushing, is awesome. If you mix up some taurens, wyverns, spirt walkers, shamans /w bloodlust, and docs /w healing, then your practially indestructable. The new hero, the shadow hunter, has the ablility to heal many of your units. This ablility can not be overlooked.

Another great new unit new to tft is the troll batrider. This unit, if equiped with the liquid fire upgrade, has about the same, if not more, destructive power vs. buildings than chims. Just take a group of about, 7-8 of them behind enemy lines, destroy and important building, and get the h*** outa there! They wont know what hit them.

Another usefull tactic, is getting some taurens, 2 hero's, and a few other units, and distracting them at one side of the enemy's base, while you secretly take your batriders, and demolish many of his buildings, before he even notices.

There are many other new strategies thanks to tft, but I wont bother to list the rest, have fun figuring out new and effective ways of reeking havok :p

I hope this artical has been helpful to some.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
lol did u have to get every unit in the game?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It was just info, Whaturmuva. Yes, I know the new TFT units and the thingy for the batriders is very scary towards NE.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
lol... dude practical n theory is 2 different things... i just tried FT... batriders actually suck against air units... xcept for small ones...

their splash is like almost nothing... n if ur enemy were to mass like 7-8 gryphons... u gotta like go 1 by 1 to detonate the gryphs...

on buildings is just soso... but i think it sux still... even wyverns r a more worthy investment... only the liquid fire is good as they can't repair n it kills off black citadels

crap... n the campaign story for TFT is the same as SC: Brood War... arthas is now the kerrigan of the story...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Orcs no longer fear Air as much as they used to; great. Bad for me though :D. It's nice to see the Orcs finally NOT lose so bad to NE Air, or other air.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Batriders and berzerkers. even if ur outnumbered, you can do the batrider concoction and the berzerkers pick off the wounded air.

Yep, Orc is great now.

Also I think wyverns blow now. They arn't worth it. its all about berzerkers.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Pan, why would Wyvs blow? I still see some use Wyvs quite deadly against other people. It's quite dodgy for many players to face this.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Wyverns dont suck, you just dont need to max them or your screwed. Like huttbole said above, you need to mix wyverns /w batriders, then you have a deadly combination. Also, like pan said, zerkers are good too. They are great at picking off the wounded air. Liquid fire is one of the best new abilities available in TFT.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Adding in Shams and you have quite a dangerous army as well. You can pretty mix in Batriders, Beserkers and Wyvs in any way you want.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
lol... batriders suck... only the liquid fire is useful... unstable concotion the splash seriously sux if u try it... n if ur enemy is massing air... use berserkers... n combine with healing wave n serpent wards...

serpent wards rule man! they are 30 mana n itx freaky to see so many in the middle of a battle... whats good they cannot be dispelled

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no it doesnt, VERY LOW hp, no damage, big bad voodoo aint that great either cause its the only target for ALL air unit in the area. nope I dont like that much cept for support/heal hero.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Dude, the SH and the Batriders are the two best things for orc. SH is orcs only tier 1 healing spell, which is really what they needed. Batriders are great for hit and runs, and no matter what you say, they still own air with unstable concotion, dealing 900 damage.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No orc player should have ever feared air. I don't understand why they did for so long.

Vice_Vex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Because they really did. wyverns were so eaily owned. HH always seemed to suck, raiders do seige damage. That is all the Orcs had. TFT changed that.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
Originally posted by EarthSiege
no it doesnt, VERY LOW hp, no damage, big bad voodoo aint that great either cause its the only target for ALL air unit in the area. nope I dont like that much cept for support/heal hero.

SH itself aint a great hero... but the spells are otherwise... of the 3 basic spells... healing wave, hex n ward... i think the serpent ward rox...

with only 30 mana... u can place many of them... just make sure that your grunts are soaking the damage and not the wards...

the other good one is hex... though slightly more mana... it can put heroes out of action... especially good if your enemy is doing blizzard or anything similar... or heroes with low hp n runnin away...

healing wave... though everyone thinks it rox... i feel that in most cases it is quite useless... but it all depends on ur strat... with the spirit link from the spirit walker... this spell is a must have! i have played several games using spirit link n my units are not dead at the end of a battle but actually low hp... that makes spirit walkers great over here...

anyway sh does kick ass... in fact i think farseers r a pretty useless hero now...