O~ Orc V. NE

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
How does that work? I could mash that in with Dryads, DotTs and a few Archers and Hunts and..... nvm.....

You can use Grunts/Raiders/Shams in solo as well. But if you insist, I'd go for Wyvs, Batriders and Shams.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
NE can counter grunt rush if they defend with huntress... be it 1v1 or RT...i've seen it... yes... the huntress will lose to a grunt if they fight 1 on 1... but the problem lies in the fact u can produce them fast... unlike a grunt... and with the moon wells... it is quite hard to kill huntresses in early game... except maybe for archers

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you know, as much as i hate to admit it, i agree with you here, havocidal :) -hunts are so easy to produce eatly in the game and theres no clear early counter to them- archers or trolls or gunners all do the piercing damage, but have middle armor so they take extra damage as well, but all have much less HP than hunts- the only thing that i dissagree with here is that grunts can be produced fast now- well, not as fast as footies or something, but you can have an equal number if not more because of the additional building required for the NE to begin making hunts- so more or less the only thing that you can do is attack before they get too many.... the only question that i have about hunts is how, if theyre unarmored, they dont take extra damage from grunts? wouldnt a huge axe or whatever they have kill someone who wasnt wearing armor? hmm....

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
take this for example 8 hunts vs 8 grunts the galve attacks go to d2 or 3 different units and that would damage them pretty low health and after u kil one kill other kill other ans so on if a hunt gets low hp micro!!!!

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
umm I said get the demos cause they do mucho damage to them cause hunts are unarmored and demos do seige. grunts ake the hits and chain lightning hits the dotts and dryads u would have so amazingly quick and with all them unarmored.............................
..........a few hh's on da way cause give them a temper.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you are still overlooking the other point which i brought up earlier- hunts do normal damage, which mows heads... and the minimum range on demos doesnt work against em.... to put it bluntly, hunts need to be nerfed badly

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
hunts have already been nerfed badly... even though i am an orc player... i feel sorry for the elves now that they are unarmored... and their damage has been reduced badly... if u look carefully... blizzard has been nerfing huntresses since patch 1.00 if u take a look...

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by EarthSiege
umm I said get the demos cause they do mucho damage to them cause hunts are unarmored and demos do seige. grunts ake the hits and chain lightning hits the dotts and dryads u would have so amazingly quick and with all them unarmored.............................
..........a few hh's on da way cause give them a temper.

Bah man chain lightrning doesnt hit dryads think b4 u write thats always good advice

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Orc V. NE

Originally posted by thestuff
I was fairly decent with Orcs at ROC and never had a real problem owning the NE. I played TFT last night against a NE. This guy was so noobish. But he beat me with nothing but archers and 2 heros (Warden and Priest). Does any one know a good Orc strat against the NE?
what the **** is a preist?

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
o preist of the moon, that what you get when you play starcraft for a week. God damn i need to play warcraft roc again.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
ued_colonial... pls think before u make any posts here... u have been spamming the threads real bad with your unconstructive comments... before u came it was really peaceful...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, true. You bump as bad as The_Art_Of_War as well.

As I said before, 'lusted Raiders with splash Wyv and WD works quite well.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
oh yea!!! but bloodlust's greatest enemy is dispel... i remember once in roc...i got killed cuz the enemy was a human player n my bloodlust was totally dispelled

now that bloodlust has NO cooldown... if u have ALL of them autocast bloodlust... all ur units will bloodlust immediately... n if the enemy priests keeps dispelling... ttx it to ur mana supply... no purge no lightning shield... *OUCH!

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Orc V. NE

Originally posted by Ued_colonial
what the **** is a preist?
O great Warcraft Lord, please bless this young and inexperianced one and allow him to learn the ways of WC3. Please expel SC from his troubled adolesent mind and replace it with WC information. Amen.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by havocidal
oh yea!!! but bloodlust's greatest enemy is dispel... i remember once in roc...i got killed cuz the enemy was a human player n my bloodlust was totally dispelled

now that bloodlust has NO cooldown... if u have ALL of them autocast bloodlust... all ur units will bloodlust immediately... n if the enemy priests keeps dispelling... ttx it to ur mana supply... no purge no lightning shield... *OUCH!
No the biggest enemy of bloodlust is undead, and destroyers. think about it, they have no mana limit to devour mana. therefore, unlike dispel, they steal the mana, and use it against you.

pure ownage for casters. that nad they cant even attack the destroyers.

also, a good Ne unit is the faere dragon, and that will rape your caster before he even casts it.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the faere dragon isnt that good caus eit does low damage though that spaceshift it awsome when its damaged that could come in usefull but i wonder what it would be like if you massed them lol that would be funny

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
yea pan... as long as your enemy is able to remove your bloodlust... u r dead... it simplys renders all your shamans useless... and all the time spent on building n research ur spirit lodge n bloodlust has now gone to the drain...

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Orc vs NE.....Orc should probably win......I won with a couple of Grunts, Taurens, shaman, WD and Spirit walkers, a blademaster and a chieften.....against 8 mountain giants, his sea witch and his archers. I only lost my Chieften and 2 grunts....shocking. Tey to beat that.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by x42bn6
Orc vs NE..... I'd not go Taurens, trust me. NE's strength is indeed speed and this means you can't go walking around with Taurens. Mass Archers is really scary, even whatever you say. 3/3 Archers really damn early creams Orc no probs.

The best thing to do would be rely on Raiders and Grunts. Maybe 'lusted too if you're not facing mass Archers.
If you can say that archers are 3/3 (Tree of Eternity Plus time), then you can say that walking around with tauren is also legit... Also I would go tauren. If anyone straight techs they're either dumb or just soooo bad. Always get grunts + a hero or two to fend off any midgame or early game tactics until you can get your tauren + casters.