O~ Orc V. NE

scatjoe

Member!
Reaction score
if you just rush with grunts they cant stop it, cuz 1 grunt can kill like 2 or 3 archers....

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't understand why you think ALL Shaman are good for is Bloodlust. If you look at it, they also have Lightning Shield at their level 2 research.. and as far as I know Lightning Shield stacks. Archers stand no chance to this move it's obvious mass archers can't dispel (and hopefully none of their units can). The only 2 counters to Lightning Shield is to run the unit away (which disables it from attacking and renders it useless) or dispel. If you can focus your melee or whatever units you've gotten for damage to attack the archers that were not hit with lightning shield, the Archers stand no chance. The ONLY excuse I'd accept hearing (and I'd call you a dumbass for it) for Orc losing to mass Archers would be if you massed Troll Batriders or Wind Riders.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if the enemy is going the mountain giants as meat shield and archers behind them, us the TC's shouckwave to annihilate them, as well is lightning shield. If the enemy has DOtT, and cyclone's your heros......you're screwed at most, unless you're pretty pro and micro your units...or dispel the cyclone.

Psycho_Path

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Havent played alotta solo yet in tft but i just wanna say that the orc dude that says he had no prob vs NE in roc never played a good Nelf. Since the start NE has been > orc. Yes archer massing vs orc seems to be the way to go, but as someone mentioned gruntapult works well. Dryads can dispel LS & also BL but then again, they'll run outa mana & u can LS some more. I'd prolly recommend raiders vs NE cuz that seems 2 b the way to go. THey can ensnare all air & piercing does reduced dmg to medium? Anyways lusted raiders or gruntapult seems to be the strat of OvNE, & from what i've heard from top players, beastmaster mass archers NE always beats an orc. Well maybe not always, but u catch my drift.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Fully upgraded, Taurens face the ignormity of having the same damage as Archers. Now that sucks. You might say it has loadsa HP and all that but still it doesn't take much to knock off 1000HP. Add in the cost for it and hey, it's not pretty.

Remember, also, while Taurens benefit from Endurance Aura Archers with Trueshot. I'd give the edge to Archers.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by havocidal
yea pan... as long as your enemy is able to remove your bloodlust... u r dead... it simplys renders all your shamans useless... and all the time spent on building n research ur spirit lodge n bloodlust has now gone to the drain...
Just one more reason why u dont get that many shaman 3-5 is enough