O~ Orc V. NE

thestuff

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Orc V. NE

I was fairly decent with Orcs at ROC and never had a real problem owning the NE. I played TFT last night against a NE. This guy was so noobish. But he beat me with nothing but archers and 2 heros (Warden and Priest). Does any one know a good Orc strat against the NE?

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
in RoC 1 vs 1 orc and NE, I ran as soon as the game started into his base with 2 peons making towers. It was the best, they had to get a balista and they had no defense to stop it.

Children Lover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Earth, he's talking about TFT not ROC... Well I don't have TFT yet but... I think you should ALWAYS scout at the beginning espacially in an 1vs1... If you see he's gonna rush, get grunts,towers,hero FAST!

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lol come on... Orcs cannot lose to all archers.. that is like a disgrace man.

LOL DID you not have any heroes or anything?? I mean one Chainlightning would take out about 6 archesr... a Chieftains warstomp or shockwave would have stunned/killed most. Just with those two heroes ytou can take most his army. PLUS what friggin units did you use??? if you used Windraiders than its your fault you lost. you could have won with grunts/casters Raiders
Tauren/casters... almost anything.

LOL there were plenty of ways you could have done it, if you have a replay send it and ill see what you did..

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Archers are the weakest NE unit with 240 HP, a shockwave would easily drop that fast, enough for even 3 grunts to plow through 8 archers. Tactics arent needed for orc to beat NE, just a good player, NE has many low life units, not to mention the huntress has Unarmored armor now (Sounds wierd doesnt it? "Unarmored armor".....) and can be plowed through. But the hero's probably played a significant role in your downfall, always target heroes first.

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alright, if u see someone going all out archers, make tauren with puverise and casters. pulverize is area of effect and with the math they do about 70 damge per hit(not including pulverize). The WD heal 26 hp per sec (with the tauren hp) and the shamans do bloodlust and lightning sheild (witch is very much overlooked).
HOW DO U LOSE TO MASS ARCHERS?

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
yea yea yea... make taurens... by then the enemy would get hipp riders and we shall see how u can counter that...

and u guys should ALL know by now 2 things in TFT:

1. Teching takes longer now... and i mean it... make tier 1 units before u tech
2. Wood is way more precious than gold now... make sure u have multiple war mills...

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the key is most of the people in tft go tier 1 units and they like to rush dont tech at all or ull automatically lose if ur scouted while teching

DaiLo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First of all I would like to say that towering in ROC is so noobish in solo games. especially against ne. I fight off tower rushes so easily. Anyway the only way you can lose to a army of archers is if they outnumbered your army like crazy. Archers never win against melee. Always make sure you have a decent army of about 12 units in your main army. Also another tip for you is learn to pick your fights. If you see the enemy outnumber you in units you should retreat first. If you don't it would be like picking a fight with someone twice your size and your chances of winning is slim to none.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you really need to look at what youre facing as well, dalio-- for example, i was playing a NE in a RT3v3 game- he massed archers (had about 36) and i had my 4 walkers and 8 taurens- we met at some shop while we were gettin ready to attack, and i mowed his ass down- the number of units is not nearly as important as the types of units

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
tt guy was probably noob... 36 archers will take out a tauren almost immediately... and if he researched marksmanship... it shouldnt be a problem...

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when will people learn that i know what im doin with my taurens and walkers- am i the only person who likes that combo?

btw havocidal i saved the replay- the guy with the archers was lvl 12

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NEs key is speed you wont be alive by the time you have tauren if there massing archers. Only reason i cant ebat ne is cause of this BULLSHIT they put in TFT. Mountain Giants Are tier 2? WHAT THE HELL? 1600 hp and taunt. 3 of those things with 20 archer behind within 15 minutes you think u can have tauren and and walker by then?

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes, actually, i do- just ask around... i do agree that there is some severe bullshit goin on in TFT, namely with the giants as you have named right off the bat... however, the medium armor on the giants will take a lot more damage because of the rebalanced armor types, and i doubt that the NE will research resistant skin (i thikn thats the one that reduces damage) in that time, and, not playing ne ever, i can only hope that the skin is tier 3... i guess you just gotta hope for the best, and the best in a situation like that is that the NE player will not have enough money/wells to support 20 archers and more than 3/4 giants- i think theyd have to be pretty gosu to get that within 15 mins, unless ive only played new NE players, which is also a possibility... i dunno... good point though- if i hadnt done the taurens so many times, then i probabally would be in trouble, but i now have it down to almost a science... and no i dont straight tech so please dont throw that out there

once again, very good point

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
umm I have tp agree that the new armor is total bull and in teams games a slow ush with 2 MG and 2 more on the way with taunt and 1 armor upgrade can be very devastating.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
Originally posted by Electroduende9
when will people learn that i know what im doin with my taurens and walkers- am i the only person who likes that combo?

btw havocidal i saved the replay- the guy with the archers was lvl 12

what kind of level 12??? there players with level 14 n r 100 wins 200 loses... so what gives? n i would like to see the replay

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Orc vs NE..... I'd not go Taurens, trust me. NE's strength is indeed speed and this means you can't go walking around with Taurens. Mass Archers is really scary, even whatever you say. 3/3 Archers really damn early creams Orc no probs.

The best thing to do would be rely on Raiders and Grunts. Maybe 'lusted too if you're not facing mass Archers.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this
is
a
team
strategy

how many damn times do i have to say that? nobody in their right mind would go melee in a solo game unless the opponent was going for some sort of ground unit also- i play mostly RT with a little solo so most of the things that i post will pertain to RT

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THIS IS SO EASY, RUSH WITH GRUNTS, FS, AND DEMOLISHERS, IT WORKS NE WILL NEVER PREVAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!