Votes: 7 14.0%
  • mana burn

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
None of the DH's skills are good at first. It takes quite a while before MB starts worrying, Immo starts ruining a pack of Ghouls and Evasion starts enraging you. It's the damage that's impressive. But I still stick with Immo when I'm sure there's no hero rush coming.
Immo does to little damage, and evasion doesnt stop enough attacks. MB is the DH best skill to choose. at low levels not effetive? are you stupid? most heros have such low mana anyways. 2 MB will **** up a DK with ghouls that are taking damage.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mana Burn camon Imobilization is cool and all but mana burn in the beginnign for their casters Zap their MP they cant use spells and it pisses them off Imobilization hsould be seocnd but thats just my opinion.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^^^ was that post any useful at all??? BTW, it was only 5 days old. I think Mana burn is the best for the purpose that it has. Even if it didn't damage the hero while burning it would stil be usefull. Heros like AM, Farseer, Lich, KOTG, rely on mana and taking that away from them makes them big easy targets.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
None of the DH's skills are good at first. It takes quite a while before MB starts worrying, Immo starts ruining a pack of Ghouls and Evasion starts enraging you. It's the damage that's impressive. But I still stick with Immo when I'm sure there's no hero rush coming.
why not?The immolation is prefect for neutrals and skeletons and makes relatively good dmg vs all units.Mana burn is effective against heroes who dont have a lot of mana.Like mburn to MK is bad -you prevent him from casting storm bolt.The metamoth is as you know the best for all units.

TheShadowmeld

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ahhhhh, glad to see some of you are smart.

Yes, mana burn, if your playing anything but ORC. Since they can't do much without mana.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
But immolation is for big groups.Mana burn is not as good as the spell of the human BM,however.

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use immolation cause it helps creepin... DH is a good solo hero, he can creep by himself (don't go against the red and orange dots in the map alone).

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
why not?The immolation is prefect for neutrals and skeletons and makes relatively good dmg vs all units.Mana burn is effective against heroes who dont have a lot of mana.Like mburn to MK is bad -you prevent him from casting storm bolt.The metamoth is as you know the best for all units
At level 1 the spells kinda suck. All the spells start hurting in the long term, not the short term.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What spell is absolutely dominant at level 1? That's why it's only level 1 so it isn't overpowering. For the purpose it plays in hero harrassing / rushing / creeping... I say it's the best ability for DH.

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shizo said it all back awhile ago Mana burn should picked first i don't care what the situation if u pick Eva then you are just an idiot and a lvl 1 immo is about as helpful as a peon, so unless you all are noobs then maybe you should play a game against namishin or any of my other friends cause then u won't pick some dumb skill first, anyway i usually go warden depending on the race of my opponent so im not really sure why im posting anything.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How do you people get attacked before you get to level two? I get evasion first, then one of the other two! Evasion is good for a first skill, even against the "green" creeps it can save 100+ health, without costing any mana - and by the time you have a DH, you should have two archers (thats what i have, anyway) which means you can creep easy greens, getting you to level two! After that its immolation (for killing tier one units) or mana burn (which isnt as effective as you make it out to be, anyway), depending on what i feel like
my typical: eva/imo/eva/mb/eva/meta/mb*2/imo*2
This gives you an effective low level killer, and imo isnt worth it more than once