Votes: 7 14.0%
  • mana burn

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I do....
If I do go DH, which i dont do often anymore....if im .vs a spellcaster hero, manaburn, anything else....immolation, then evasion, than immolation...etc..

NerullReaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
http
For me,ive im creeping alot I go immo to burn them off quickly.Then mana,if im rushing or hero killing,works well on heros,escpially magic type ones like Arch-Mage for example.Evasion isnt very good,even at level 3 beacuse by then you have so much hp it isnt even worth it in my mind.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The DH doesn't have a lot of health nor mana. It only has 1150 HP at level 10, compared to other melee heroes it sucks. I think the only one lower for melee is the BM (1000 HP).

Psycho_Path

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I 100% agree with pan on this 1, although like Art of war said, i'd much rather go warden over dh & if i didnt get warden i'd get keeper.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Not neccesarily (I know I didn't spell that right)....
Manaburn can win a battle, with any type of hero, because all of them use mana....
I use manaburn+evasion, if I even get a DH....I think there are much better heros for NE though.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by nevergoingback
immolation ofcourse anything else would jsut be silly.
Mana Burn for hero rushes? It doubly hurts Liches, with low HP and mana to start.

Evasion is also a decent choice, but the %age is too low to start.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, but it gets better as you level. I've noticed that tier one units tend to miss you a lot with just level one evasion.

FH_big-hit

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The DH can kick the $hit out of most heros if both heros use no skills. because of this manaburn is the best cause if u waste another heros mana unless he is much higher lvl DH should be able 2 physicly beat him

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Manaburn is awesome to have when youre fighting other heros, but even on small maps, you probably won't fight the enemy until level 2 (when you get manaburn). Either immolation or evasion will help alot when creeping. I like evasion cause its handy throughout the game, but if youre rushing or getting rushed by nightelf (archers), human (footmen) or undead (ghouls) its best to pick immolation, cause this can do very good damage to them - orcs just laugh it off. At the mid -> late game tho, evasion is still useful, but immolation is a laugh if ure not just killing peasants
BTW - I picked evasion for the vote

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you, but why do you say you get manaburn at 2? I think it's best at one, so that you don't get hero rushed.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Manaburn is the DH's best hero harrassing skill. Supposing that when you attack they only have their hero. You cna burn their mana while damaging them, and he does VERY good damage early on... with those two things it could probably take out most things that they have at that time.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
It doesn't actually do all that much damage at level one, but pretty much all heros use skills that take mana so it would be helpful immobilizing their special ablitites.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Mana Burn is kinda stupid at first. It only gets better in the long run when not at level 1, more like level 2. If you think about it, 1 or 2 Mana Burns aren't gonna do much, but wait to the third, then by then the hero would have teleported back.

SimonSims

Member!
Reaction score
Website
joekimtaekwondo.com.ne.kr
Everytime i get my DH i usually get Immo. becuz it rules. it's guarateed you'll do damage. But for some reason everytime i attack with him he always get picked off by focus fire then my allies hero level up and not mine. ugh . that why i usually go warden now. hmph.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Immolation sucks, except for rushes. In the end game that damage will mean nothing... while a mana burn can effectively put most heroes out of commision. Immolation might be the best FIRST skill but not the best skill.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i agree i have switched to warden too, DH being my second choice. but i still find immolation to be his best ability people have said its useless in the later game, but its still relay quite useful since it can be applied with his lvl 6 ability. OUCH

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
None of the DH's skills are good at first. It takes quite a while before MB starts worrying, Immo starts ruining a pack of Ghouls and Evasion starts enraging you. It's the damage that's impressive. But I still stick with Immo when I'm sure there's no hero rush coming.