NE~Build ORder for NE when massing up huntresses

BumFace

Reaction score
Build ORder for NE when massing up huntresses

What's the best build order for NE when massing up huntresses as fast as possible (assuming that the player will use a tavern hero as the first one).

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
This belongs in the NE forums, not in the General forum. Mods move this plz.

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK....

4 to gold 1 to Altar
1st one out to Moonwell
2nd to gold
make wisps until 19/20 (Including Hero)
when you get to 250 wood.... build 2 AoW 1 Moonwell and 1 Hunters hall you should have 0 wood left.

you will have 17/20 food. When the wisp building the moonwell is done build another one... and so on
thats the best way to get fast hunts

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
I usually do, 3 wisps in gold, 1 making the well, the other altar, then building one AoW, making more wisps for lumber, then get some archers out, build hall, build second AoW, then you're set, the archers are for protection if you dont have units with the hero when they do a little rush on you. ;) I really wouldn't call it a hunt rush, but it's a sure fire way so you don't mess up during the process, a protector made there wouldnt hurt either.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Hunt rushes can sometimes work. But if the player gets mass piercing, the hunts will be owned. I would suggest getting hunts for meat, and archers for damge. Mix them together and you will have an early dominating force.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faint
You also might want to equip the Archer/Huntress combo with a Druid of the claw for roar :)
Yes, Bears would be a nice addition.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
If you want, add in the PotM's Trueshot aura, increasing the Archers and Huntresses attack, silly me though, I thought the first time and a little later on that Huntresses were melee type. :eek:

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faint
If you want, add in the PotM's Trueshot aura, increasing the Archers and Huntresses attack, silly me though, I thought the first time and a little later on that Huntresses were melee type. :eek:
They aren't melee, but they might as well be. They are a good meat shield early on for the NE. And POTM would be good as a second hero for NE, since almost all their units are ranged.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't bother massing huntresses, against any decent player, this is just begging to be countered if you keep it up. Use a well balanced force. The strat faint suggested is the one i use, but i usually make the mistake of keeping the hunts for too long and not teching much - they can own tier one, but their performance goes down after that.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dh with mass huntress-just make 2-3 archers (having 2 wars and hunt hall)then 12 huntress-keep that number,build altar,war and moon from the beginning,the 2nd'building wave' -2nd war and 2nd moon

zeroxuz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play very mush NE and if i Play VS a other NE. The he is very likly that he will mass huntress. They are just to easy to kill, but if u have a big combo like this the NE is unbeatible This is the army i usualy have

One Beastmaster
One Kotg
8-10 Archers
4-6 Hunt
5 Dyrads
3 Druid of the Claw
6 Druid of the Taloon
And finaly 7 catapults

i Have almost never lost if i get the time to build this:))

Dags

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hunt rush this is one of my favorite strats next to hippos, this is a lost strategy that everyone forgot about once hunts were nerfed, but its still very effective in wc3.

i think a lot of the older starts that were forget still work extremely well, another example would be tower rush, i have a few friends that have gotten in the 100s on the at ladder just doing the orc (towers)+ human (footies) strat, but ppl get really pissed off when you do it for some reason...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dags
hunt rush this is one of my favorite strats next to hippos, this is a lost strategy that everyone forgot about once hunts were nerfed, but its still very effective in wc3.
Don't even try it against me because you will be utterly owned. Hunts are not effective almost at all anymore. They are way to suceptible to piercing. I mean comon 150% damage to hunts....I think that is ownage.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Most things that deal peirce dmg takes extra from reg dmg. Equals out

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Oh you are correct, they do deal normal damage. Sorry for the misinformation.

And actually Hunts also get a 150% damage bonus towards medium armors too. If used correctly though, fiends can own hunts anyday.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
All do normal dmg vs medium armor,hunts can lose vs fiends as (im not very sure here)hunts dont do full dmg on lignt armor