Let's discuss Anime...

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, anime itself sucks ass, most of that shit is poorly drawn and looks just like a whole big piece of shit. i do respect the people that invest a shitload of time to draw and color nice pictures thou. if they're talented and experienced it looks extremely nice, it can be considered art. but i wouldnt want to watch that crap because of the story or something, thats just pathetic

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I dont really like watching anime on tv but i do like reading manga's. the only anime i watched is evangellion and dats it...

Rushton

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.bladestorm.org
Oh god...

[€0.02] Pnakotic. You have no idea what you're talking about. Sergant whatever was right, if a little inarticulate. Excuse him for getting right down to it and not worrying about spelling and grammer and clever retorts.

Watch Trigun, or any good anime out of the hundreds out there rather than the shit you see on your beloved American Cartoon Network, then if you still don't like it, admit that it doesn't fall into your likes, and leave it at that.

If you don't understand anime, and don't appreciate the style, that's your problem. It is very different to the American tripe out there (Yes, there is American animation that *isn't* tripe, but a lot is) and most people refuse to think of anything foreign as simply different but good in its own right.

I must say its horribly myopic of you all to simply say "Anime sucks" without seeing anything good. Its like saying "Movies suck" after watching some shit movie, rather than a good one, instead of saying "That movie sucked". Was that simple enough for you? Good.

Be a little more open minded and consider that each genre and style has its good and bad, and that it isn't for everyone, but that doesn't mean the whole style is shit in its entirety. I mean really. [/€0.02]

EDIT: Shit. 3 cents maybe. Silynt Rage... You're just plain... wrong. Unless you're talking about DBZ (in which case you're right, but you were generalising)

Now for all of you. Pay attention. Unless you're talking about the following series:
1. Drag-on-ball Z (mostly)
2. Sailor Moon (...entirely)
3. Pokemon (mostly)
4. Yu-Gi-Oh
5. Beyblade (SO SHIT)
6. Other similar ones I'm sure I've missed some (anime for kids, heavilly edited/censored anime, anime made for mass merchandising in the US)

...you can't say that anime in general:
1. Is drawn badly
2. Has shit plots
3. Has shit characters
4. Is the same every episode
5. So on.

I find a lot of people simply can't appreciate any other style apart from Loony Tunes or goddamn... X-men or something. Yes, they often have big eyes (not always.) Yes, they're often very thin and tall with incredibly long legs.

Get over it. So the **** what? Its a style of art. Yes its different. Most people who talk shit like that are the same who think all Japanese can't drive, carry cameras everywhere, dress badly, drive shit plastic bubble cars, etc, etc, whatever.

Its called generalising, and its not just wrong, its so very STUPID.

(apologies for long post :\ )

sc-r0XX0rs

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i agree that at least half the anime out there is shit, but there R a few ones I like, for example: Cowboy bebop, Trigun, Inuyasha.

and for everyone out there, your opinion of anime means nothing, they still rack in boatloads of cash.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
If you said Akira, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Mobile Suit Gundam, FLCL have shitty plots, you have NO taste at all in animation or other types of cartoons, sorry, that's how it is.