Let's discuss Anime...

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by pnakotic
So I turn on my TV, and lo and behold what's on the tele? Anime. Now, I really have nothing against the Japanese as a people...except for their freaky eyes, and that whole Bataan thing...but anime really sucks. I mean the stories are stupid, the artwork is awful, and what is up with the eyes? I understand that Japanese eyes are ugly, but the big round eye thing in their cartoons isn't really attractive either. And when do the lines moving behind a character represent movement, astonishment, or a moment of nigh-mighty power? It's confusing. It sucks. And as if TV wasn't bad enough for people, anime is just going to rot the brains of our youth opening America up for a full assault from Japan's vaunted army.

Anime should be made illegal, and the people who enjoy anime should have thier genitals removed in a painful and barbaric ritual involving rusty knives, a pair of channel-locks, and the soundtrack of "Annie Get Your Gun" as sung byEthel Merman.
Anime does not suck. You suck. Don't give such statements unless you've seen them all.

Damnit.....Slice is right. Most Anime on TV sucks like shit. The only good ones I've seen are Evangelion and Bubblegum Crisis 2040......on SBS. Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade and Zoids sck like shit......Dragon Ball Z is alright.

Radium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Haruko
Okay here's one reason I'm going to say with the many reasons Anime has better quality animation cartooning than american versions - "The power puff girls", End of Story.
If you're criticizing the animation sequence of American cartoons, then explain why anime mouths are usually flapping triangles.

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It's a style, kay? Don't diss the style. Because everything has one.

And no, not all anime has mouths like flapping triangles. Only the not-so-serious ones do. That would include all the stupid, butchered anime on TV that's meant for CHILDREN. I'm talking BeyBlade and Pokemon. -.-

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
I've been into VCL artists webpage and saw "Pokemorphs". They're like pokemon with human capabilities and all, looked fairly great, so I'd say those are alright. "beyblades" was made from this crappy toy that no one bought, now it's turned into this small child animation which these 18 year old's and up think anime sucks from that.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
IF U HATE ANIME SO MUCH Y DO U HAVE A GUNDAM AVVY?! OMFG
SO ID HAVE TO SAY SHUT THE **** UP

senureMiget

Premium Member
Reaction score
pnakotic you say that Anime sux yes it seemes to me that you avvy is Anime or am i just seing it wrong

------edit-----

sorry i posted befor i knew there was a second page

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
WTF??!!! this is not real..PNakotic u f.chker what u doing here!..coz of u gateway got closed..go away! i bet u miss brolly banning powers don't u?

OMG i don't believe it! ><!

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Originally posted by pnakotic
So I turn on my TV, and lo and behold what's on the tele? Anime. Now, I really have nothing against the Japanese as a people...except for their freaky eyes, and that whole Bataan thing...but anime really sucks. I mean the stories are stupid, the artwork is awful, and what is up with the eyes? I understand that Japanese eyes are ugly, but the big round eye thing in their cartoons isn't really attractive either. And when do the lines moving behind a character represent movement, astonishment, or a moment of nigh-mighty power? It's confusing. It sucks. And as if TV wasn't bad enough for people, anime is just going to rot the brains of our youth opening America up for a full assault from Japan's vaunted army.

Anime should be made illegal, and the people who enjoy anime should have thier genitals removed in a painful and barbaric ritual involving rusty knives, a pair of channel-locks, and the soundtrack of "Annie Get Your Gun" as sung byEthel Merman.
omg.... you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need to open your head a little.. i mean sure the anime you see on TV isnt great.. but your assumtion of all anime is just... *sigh* and i suddenly have this like... need to hug slice.. tis odd...
but ne wayz.. umm there was already a thread almost exactlly like this made not to long ago

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
If I hear one more good thing about Slice, I'll just about slice my own head open myself..This thread should be closed now.

evilfrog331

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anime can range from horribly crappy to great in terms of artwork and story. I'm sure the one pnakotic was one of these:

Pokemon
Beyblade(This is the ****ing stupidest one its a ****ing top)
Yu-Gi-Oh
Digimon
Dragon Ball Z (IMO)

Those shows are aimed at kids like 6-12. That's why they all suck.

Some good anime shows are:

Evangelion
InuYasha
Rouroni Kenshin
Akira

Watch those instead of the other crap.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Guys..GUYS..I've already said he had a "Voltron" anime avatar! >.<

Anyways, Dragon Ball Z isnt THAT bad, I mean it's something to watch when all these shitty commercials are on, adding shows also..

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I found DBZ quite boring, IMO. It repeats and repeats and repeats etc. ~.~

As evilfrog said, Inuyasha is one great anime. The artwork, the plot, the the humor & violence.

HydraGyro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think anime kinda sux xept when they draw those girls...

most anime girls are hotter than real girls in my opinion...

pnakotic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WTF??!!! this is not real..PNakotic u f.chker what u doing here!..coz of u gateway got closed..go away! i bet u miss brolly banning powers don't u?

OMG i don't believe it! ><!
Well, I'm not sure which of my adoring fans from the ol' Gateway days you are, but it's good to see you. It's been a long time. Yes, I was in seclusion for quite some time, but I’m back and better than ever.

Let the games begin.
:lucifer

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well i give u one guess love..your biggest fan ever..ur biggest nightmare! :D...brolly and i were best friends over there and u had those..sas and wolverine..the happy triangle..how did i call u guys?..the moron, the idiot and the..and the... OMG i don't remeber.

glad to see u around although...saw u around asylum..keep up the good work..u might give some lessons to these amateurs ;).

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
DBZ pwns jOOz :p
Pokemon sucks bad a$$
most of all sucks Sailor Moon :p

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Inu Yasha. It's on Cartoon Network at midnight. It is undoubtably the best anime I've every seen. This season isn't edited, either, so this season is only marred by slight problems with voice-overs (which are made by very good voice actors).