Jed questions answered (closed thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
alrighty i got it. whoever wrote this script forgot to add what to do about resurecting your merc. and then just took a default barb pindle script and stuck it in the bottom of the script. well the default section asks for a "TalkToLarzuk();" function. well that function doesnt exist. and thats why its crashing on you.

its not your fault. the script is bugged. you could prolly copy/paist this function out of one of the other bots but id suggest going to diabloworld.com. and under "JED Downloads" in the left hand colomn. then under "Pindle Scripts". and download the "whirlwind barbarian script".

heh. check what the discription says for this script. "Fixed whirlwind barbarian script. Will not crash at QualKekh."

their ya have it.

when you download it though. run through the script again and set any variables that might be listed like skills casted after you've gone through the red portal and what health to "chicken" at.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by shaggster
oh yea, and when it screwes up it says pickit disabled. that cant be good. thats what grabs the items when pindy drops them right?
this happens on all the scripts. i think its to allow you to drop junk in town without it auto picking it back up if you wanted to. it will run through and kill pindle.. and as soon as pindle is dead it wil re-enable pickit, pick up any stuff you have scripted for pickit to pick up, and then disconnect.

this is normal. dont be alarmed.

timgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
to who ever is using a wwbaba for this plz go update ur wwbaba so that u would not crash at quk......(who ever that guy is):D :D :D

shaggster

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
k i got the new wwbaba. wworks fine until he goes into the portal, and as soon as he does i get a disconnect screen. but i read thats how it exits the game instead of saving and exitting. so is it doing it prematurely? is it a glitch in the program or what?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by shaggster
k i got the new wwbaba. wworks fine until he goes into the portal, and as soon as he does i get a disconnect screen. but i read thats how it exits the game instead of saving and exitting. so is it doing it prematurely? is it a glitch in the program or what?
if its doing it as soon as you go through the portal its because you dont have a skill that its trying to cast.

you have to setup the pindle script.. read ALL THE WAY DOWN THE SCRIPT and set any variables.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I got 1 promblem , when u die it doesnt pick up your body(only died 1nc)

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TwistedRat
I got 1 promblem , when u die it doesnt pick up your body(only died 1nc)
which script are you using? is it the one that came with JED already. ive been noticing that almost all the scripts that come with the install for JED (if not all of them) are bugged in one form or another. check out the the JED download section on diabloworld.com. under pindle scripts. and then have it sort them by decending rank. and then just pick the highest ranked one that fits your char.

H

halo_person

i cant get my pindle bot to work i put on all the right settings and then i start it my zon walk arnound then down towrd the portal but never makes it far enuf to get into the portal what could be wrong with it??

RiX

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
like i said....Aris is my hero
he ish so smart...
*dances around the flaming shrine of flaming

i got my bot finally working like i want it to....sort of.....better then the stock one that came with JED *ahem script i mean....so im having fun....535 mf and im finding dink......OMG dink...lol im gonna go leave this on all day every day um ya im too lazy to read the post about ummm you know problems so im just gonna ask away cause im lazy to read right now....

do the items go into your stash?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by RiX
do the items go into your stash?
no. and you have to be carefull about that. make sure you setup pickit.ini carefully. if you have it pick up too much junk, and your inventory gets full overnight and something like an eagle or wf drops then it wont pick it up and you'll be SOL.

ive seen this happen to someone. he had a WF AND a GF both drop on him while his inventory was full while he was sleeping one night.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by halo_person
i cant get my pindle bot to work i put on all the right settings and then i start it my zon walk arnound then down towrd the portal but never makes it far enuf to get into the portal what could be wrong with it??
your using jed right? off of diabloworld? i think that zons might be a little flaky right now. last time i checked they only had a beta versino of a zon pindle script. they couldnt figure out how to make it buy bolts when you were out.

make sure you check diabloword for an updated zon pindlebot.

MasterDaemon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whenver I try to donwload a jed script,when it finishes, nothing happens at all. I have no idea what do.Some help?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by MasterDaemon
Whenver I try to donwload a jed script,when it finishes, nothing happens at all. I have no idea what do.Some help?
download it to a directory that is easily accessible. i always download everything to the desktop and then just put it where it goes.

all scripts for pindle bot go in this directory:

C:\program files\JED\Javascripts\Pindabot

also you will need to open the scrip in either notepad or wordpad and set it up for yoru specific character. depending on the skills and spells you use their is a high probability that it will crash on you and not work if you dont do this.

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You guys sure this thing is clean? install asks for: Pw, Realm, Char name, account name, and all that... I must know it clean b4 I do this.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by l33t_0n3
You guys sure this thing is clean? install asks for: Pw, Realm, Char name, account name, and all that... I must know it clean b4 I do this.
flamming cow said he decompiled it and quote "read through every single letter of code" and didnt find anything.

it asks for your account name and pw so that if D2 freezes or if you get kicked off bnet for any reason it can auto log back on and start doing pindle runs again.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i hate the damn Unhandled Something error that happens after about a hour of running damn thing annoys me, any way to fix it?

han_solo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TwistedRat
i hate the damn Unhandled Something error that happens after about a hour of running damn thing annoys me, any way to fix it?
you cant fix it. its bad program code in diablo 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.