Installing frozen throne over war3 rip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DarkReaper

installing frozen throne over warcraft3 classic rip?

is this possible?
and if it is how do i do it?
because i have tried maybe 100 different things and none worked

:lucifer :lucifer :lucifer

i really hope that someone can help me.

i get a message warcraft III required when i run the installation program of frozen throne.

my frozen throne is an iso, but my wacraft3 classic is a rip

i think that is enough info
i really hope that someone can help me.

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
Try these registry settings (in the Attachment). Remember to correct the path entries in this file before importing it into your registry.

Let me know if this helped or not, I got some more ideas what to do next.

el_cielo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes DRaKHNiR even I need further help on that! Also pls tell me whether the PROGRAM key value has to be in double-quotes - for e.g. "C:\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe"?

When I include that in "" I don't get the WC3 required msg... but when I don't I get it.

Further, if I bypass the WC3 reqd msg, I get some weird script error in the installer. it says something like "unexpected token". I am pretty sure that my TFT installer is NOT corrupt since it works on my friends PC. I'm sure the script error is somehow related to the registry entries.

Thanx in advance.

trashcan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ah .. i tried double quote things and get other error message

"Error in script file setupDat\setlocale.ins, line 25: unexpected token"

any help???

el_cielo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's exactly what I get trashcan...
I spent 3-4 hours playing with the registry keys, the only thing that changes is the line number of the script error...

DRaKHNiR where are you??

trashcan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm.. anyone have tried to uninstall wc3 classic and reinstall it??
is it working??

i dont have wc3 cd.. so i cant test it..

D

DarkReaper

well guys now i know that the only way to run frozen throne on a ripped original is to taka a frozen throne rip. and that is what i did.
The other thing that you can do is take a full war3 original and then install the full cd frozen throne.

and i am sure of these thing cous i triet more than 20 different registry files, pathes, cracks, or whatever more you can think of.

this doen't mean that is impossible though :)

hughjj

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes, one more, have you ever head of a virtual cd, since you have an iso, get this software and it will creat a cirtual cd drive, load the iso image onto a vitural cd drive that the soft ware creats and run it from there, if you need any help with loadign the image just post the thread here, no one help him but me, i know the daemon system in and out, i can make the cd work
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/download.php

el_cielo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know about Virtual CD too, but I think this script error problem has to do with the registry and not the CD. Besides I'm using an original TFT and not an ISO.

So if anyone figures that out, please post it here!

hughjj

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
get a new iso copy, NOT OFF OF KAZAA and then try the virtual cd, if that doesn;t work, then give me your address and i;llg ive u my iso, but not my cd key

el_cielo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanx dude, but I dont need an ISO, besides I can't even think of downloading a game on a dial-up. I have the TFT CD, and I just wanna make it work on a WC3 rip. I'm sure there has to be a way to do that.
Thanx anyway.

el_cielo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanx, man I'll try that... but I can't test this until saturday though cuz thats when I go home and play games on my computer! If this works for anyone else, please post it!

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
First of all I think that getting another copy of war3.exe will not help you if you keep getting "cannot detect roc installation" message.
Originally posted by el_cielo
yes DRaKHNiR even I need further help on that! Also pls tell me whether the PROGRAM key value has to be in double-quotes - for e.g. "C:\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe"?
In the .reg file it has to look like this:
"InstallPath"="D:\\War3"
"Program"="D:\\War3\\Warcraft III.exe"
Double-quotes must be uses as well as double backslashes. This is very important. After you merge it with the Registry and peek into it using regedit you'll see
InstallPath REG_SZ D:\War3
Program REG_SZ D:\War3\Warcraft III.exe
Save the text below to a .reg file and merge it with registry.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Warcraft III]
"DisplayName"="Warcraft III"
"UninstallString"="C:\\windows\\War3Unin.exe C:\\windows\\War3Unin.dat"
"DisplayIcon"="C:\\windows\\War3Unin.exe"
The last thing you need is two files: War3Unin.exe and War3Unin.dat. Check out the attachment. Unzip them and put them into your Windows folder.

el_cielo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh great! looks like this will work! but as I said, I can't test it till saturday :( ... I'll let you know if this works!
Thanx a lot man!

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
No prob. :D I think it should be working. It is possible that War3Unin.dat might require path changes inside itself, too. It has to be done using a hexeditor. But don't really think this is necessary. Try this only if you have to. Good luck. :D

trashcan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

IT IS WORKING

thanks alot drakhnir

el_cielo u should go home FASTTTT

many many thanks

Yeah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey, help me too, I have cd key play on BNet for ROC & TFT but i don't have any CD for it, where can i download it ?
When i run patch, it error in war3.exe :((

Status
Not open for further replies.