Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well if u are syin it try

1st- try not to make it too 3d certian comps cant handle it
2nd-PLZPLZPLZ pick up from brood war
3rd-DONT CHANGE THE UNITS PLZ PLZ DONT DO THAT oh yeah a Sic. Vessel is not a building its just the 2nd or 1st on the list of biggest terran unit
4th- map the map editors easyer to uderstand
5th- MULTIPLAYER SHOULD BE WIT BATTLE.NET

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
i want soe hard evidence, like a prees release from blizzard, once i get one of those, i'll believe you, but until then, watch your back, j/k, but still, don't be messing with my head, im already mentally unstable

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
ok...... some ideas ...
1) make the observers where you can make them self-destruct
. like sneak one into a base and then press the self destruct button and boom like a mini-nuke

2)you have to have an ordinary civilian trained for certain jobs like tank driving or pilot. and then on tanks and goliaths you have an eject when you recieve a certain amount of damage taken. like a 5 sec wait though so the other player has more of a chance to also kill the guy inside.

more to come!

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Is it gonna be named SC2? and you need to finish where BW left off and OH OH A new character or someone comes across a small seetlement where ever fenix was killed the second time . And they fine Fenix himself still alive! And have an awesome story behind how he survived. about him finding somekind of transmitter and it picks up all terran and zerg radio signals!!! Good idea oh and if you use my ideas i am not charging i just want my name somewhere. not big just noticable to me! lol you dont have to do that but it would be a nice thank you

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fenix will be back in SC2. The story behind that will be kind of strange. Fenix's long lost brother will also come. The 3D thing, we'll take it into consideration, map editor we will try to make it more user-friendly, and the story will pick up from Brood War, that's decided now. As fir Battle.net, we don't own that so the game only might be playable, its up to the owners of Battle.net

2)you have to have an ordinary civilian trained for certain jobs like tank driving or pilot. and then on tanks and goliaths you have an eject when you recieve a certain amount of damage taken. like a 5 sec wait though so the other player has more of a chance to also kill the guy inside.
That sounds like a good idea. I think we'll use it. Of course, flying units will have an eject system also. Plus, I think Protoss and Xel' Naga would use the same system.

PS - Finally we are getting to real issues, thank you for your cooperation everybody who's giving ideas

PPS - It will be called Starcraft II: Xel' Naga's Vengeance

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Somewhat off topic:
Meaning no offense to anyone, but some of you don't seem to understand the concept that you can actually buy a license to the production of a product ex. Starcraft. I don't mean anyone in particular, but I've been looking around the SC and BW forum and ppl keep saying we(IceRavenStud.) cannot make SC2 because Blizzard has the rights, etc. Well, just so you know, its possible to gain permission or buy the rights. Well, thats all I have to say.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
I know nothing about legal stuff so dont ask me. Try to convince the owners of b.net to take SC2 to be online it would sell alot more.
more ideas to come!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
i'm not saying that there is no possibility that you are doing it, i like to see official press releases, i like things in writing, I figured out that was the only way to go a while ago, but if you are making it, good luck, i hope all goes well and you get many worthwhile ideas

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
You know, if you want ideas for SC2, you should just look in the other threads in this forum. Many people, including myself, have posted ideas for units and other SC2 game-related things. If you are interested, just check them out. If you are not or just don't have time, just tell me, and I'll gladly inform you of some of the ideas that have already been stated in this forum.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
lol, i dont know wether to belive him or not. I have seen somone to prtend to be spokesperson for policlas studios , he said they were making Zelda:Ocurnia in time 2 .. He even made a web site and was like caught up with by nintendo and the license owner of Zelda ... it was funny.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I actually agree with IceRavenStudios:
Meaning no offense to anyone, but some of you don't seem to understand the concept that you can actually buy a license to the production of a product ex. Starcraft. I don't mean anyone in particular, but I've been looking around the SC and BW forum and ppl keep saying we(IceRavenStud.) cannot make SC2 because Blizzard has the rights, etc. Well, just so you know, its possible to gain permission or buy the rights. Well, thats all I have to say.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
well, i've had time to think, but now i'll help,
what we really need is of course more underground units
and maybe divisions of the races, each with their own little specials, like for the terran, split them into the confederates, the New UED, and maybe more, each have the same basic units, but with 2 or 3 unique to that division

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by IceRavenStudios
Somewhat off topic:
Blizzard holds the rights to the name Starcraft and all the characters within' the game. Many of those characers are being integrated into Starcraft: Ghost as well. Yes, it is possible to buy the RIGHTS to a game, but blizzard has made hundreds of millions in sales and they are backed by Vivendi, a multi-billion dollar company. Even if they were willing to sell Starcraft 2 (which I highly doubt they would), the legal fees alone would make the transaction worthless for them unless you were willing to pay several hundreds of millions of dollars. From what I hear, you guys don't have that kind of money; and even if you did, you would be foolish to spend it on the rights to a game when you could hire a creative team for much less and actually create your own game and storyline.

I hope you guys realize that you can be sued by Blizzard Entertainment simply for beginning production on a game like Starcraft 2. Even if you just do it in your basement and don't release it, it's still illegal and is copyright infringement. You are not allowed to use their characters or anything copyrighted within' a game at all, even if you don't plan to release it. If you begin production on this game without purchasing the rights to the game, you will get sued. I also don't think you've thought out how much financial backing a game like this will need. I sincerely think you underestimate how much work is required for a game like Starcraft 2. In comparison, Warcraft 3 took several months of production and several years of planning. It also required two previous games to build off of and a company like Blizzard distributing it. Furthermore, I imagine the amount of people that worked on Warcraft 3 was well over 100 designers, programmers and creative directors. Where are you guys going to find the money to hire that many people?

In reality, I think every kid would like to make his own game. I even know someone right now who is 15 and is working with a group of about 20 people to make this game. They have been working on it for almost a year and the game is nothing compared to other games out. It's going to end up being released for free on the internet and won't make much money. If you guys want to create a game and are serious about it, i'd recommend creating a game similiar to Subspace, then work your way up to a game as complex as Starcraft 2. If you try and start working on "Starcraft 2" now, you'll end up failing miserably and probably getting sued by Blizzard or Vivendi.

In all honesty, I think you guys are just out to get attention... and i'm not going to give you any more.

SkuZZy

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by IceRavenStudios
As for the reasources, the third reasource will be Bio Material (name may change). And for you skeptics, the website will be online by December 30th 2002, then you can criticize all you want.
um if there is a web site u should put it up

Status
Not open for further replies.