I need a good strategy

Scoring.Jizzy

Member!
Reaction score
Why DH+Hunts? PotM for sure if u want a fast win. I find the most effective NE strat to be 1 aow and hunters hall and tech (hero whoever). Make a mix of archers hunts and creep a ton. At tier 2 get a Wind and a Lore and start techin to tier 3. Make dryads and like 3-4 dots; after 3-4 get the dots first upgrade. Now u have a solid army, even if they mass melee vs all ur ranged and 2-3 hunts, you WILL win the battle just micro groups of units rather than one at a time (defensively and, of course, offensively). At tier 3 build a Chim Roost and make 1-2 chims for siege and their nice attack. Also get the dots 3rd upgrade and 3-4 more of them.

I cant stress enough though, that none of this "strat" stuff is important, you just need experience with the game. You need to know when to fast expo, you need to be able to creep constantly, never have idle builders, have a nice base set, know what to micro, etc...

The strat above was a solo NE strat, it'll work in team but not as effectively vs MASS units. Instead get 2 aow and kotg or potm (I usually only find dh effective with archers), pump hunts till you have about 40 food, then tech and build a moon well, and build hunts all the way up until 50 food WITHOUT GOING ABOVE IT. Tier 2, just do whatever you do; teams u usually get bears dryads, or mg dryads.

GL

And G_blunted is right Orc almost always goes Wyvs vs UD in solo. I do his strat in a different way, that has won me 90% of games I've played like that. DL + 5 ghouls rush will buy u a TON of time for ur tech, by the time the harass is done youll be tier 2. If the hero is out of the base, sleep him and surround for the easy kill or waste of tp. Then camp outside of his base bringing 4-5 more ghouls and maybe creepng a minicamp. Once he comes out, sleep him immediately and do the easy surround for another hero kill. You should be tier 2 by now. Now get a TotD and a Slaughterhouse. Tech to tier 3. During the tech, creep/expo/harass, and get the fiends web upgrade. Make 3-4 fiends with all the gold you've built up. Get the banshee upgrade right away, and make 2 stats from ur house. At tier 3, u should have a lvl 3 DL, lvl 2 DK, and 14 ghouls. Get the ghouls upgrade, get master banshees, and make some abombs. You win, no counter for it, and the opponent is always too scared to attack u, guess its somethin psychological, after ur mean harass. GG

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Scoring.Jizzy said:
Why DH+Hunts?
It's the way I offensive keep rushing and attacking the enemy in some maps.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
True to that. That is why when I help people, I just explain what I can do. Then let the person himself use mine to discover other possibilities or just do one from somebody else, or do his own.

Learning something in anything is one thing, being able to apply it to overcome any obstacles is something else.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You probably could, just in different words :)

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
I still suggest mass acos and use ghouls to steal their wood.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And that would be a good idea... how?

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
I remeber When i used to play on ROC, i used to mass Banshess and let curse take care of evrything, at all i was slowly killing taurens while they keep missing like crazy. Though the party ends when they get dispellers or air lol.