How sure are you that God exists?

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First off, The first bible stated that god was a law-holder. Meaning he would punish those who did wrong, according to it, Angels were gods assassins so to speak. Yet the new age bible has such a dramatic change.
If God always existed, that would lead to many other questions and points, because of that theory, it would suggest time never began, and that it was just always there. And the believers that posted on this thread, im sure..are all supporters of the catholic god. There are many other religions, take buddhism for example. There is no proof of either of them. People were taught to believe in god, or a higher being. Some asshole just wanted money out of the production of a book of lies. A.K.A The bible. The only way you will ever understand the point of life is to watch the movie fight club. Live to die.
There is no proof in that any higher being exists, that alone is proof that there is no such thing.

DemiGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is no proof in that any higher being exists, that alone is proof that there is no such thing.
posted by Re'coil

hmm i dont fully agree with that.. You are syaing that since there is no proof of a GOD that that proves the inexistence(sp?) so since we dont have any physical proof of aliens means there arnt ne aliens? You cant disprove god just because there no evidence. on the other side of the scale we can say that we can prove god exists, because we have no proof that he doesnt exist right? all im tryin to say no1 here can either prove or disprove god. i myself dont believe in god. there are too many uncertaintities(sp?) if god created the the world/galaxy/time/everything, he too must have been created by somthing. How can one this just pop up? i really believe in the big bang theory why? ehh hard to say, it seems more logical to me. And how could god have created the world in seven days? were was he when he created it? We know he couldnt beenon earth while he created it, so how can there be a sense of time/days? if he was in space lets say, hes god, he doesnt revolve around the sun does he? so what proof is there for that? also if he created everything on this world, why is there so many similiarities between some species, imo i believe in darwins survival of teh fittest. Cuz this is true, if u are not strong, you will die, i hope everyone takes this as a universally accepted fact. lets take 2 dogs for example, same breed but from diff parents, leave them alone with no outside infuence and you will see a dominate one arise yes? so as the dominate dog gets food, the other dog cant survive and dies. stronger dog lives on to reproduce. i will continue this thread 2morow cuz im tired.

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's all a matter of opinion, Believing in the existence of god has nothing to do w/ domination. The only thing close to priase is the universe. In my opinion we are here because of it, i support demi on his opinion of the big bang, but his disapproval of my belief of prooflessness meaning inexistence. I for one do believe in aliens, who says we don't have physical proof, like god and aliens..there have been witness', although that is all they are, give a retard photoshop and he'll work wonders, a picture is no longer proof of anything. And there is already proof of aliens. Hard-Physical proof. If a planet such as Earth can exist and support life, why can there not be another planet similar? it's obvious that there is a form of life beyond our knowing somewhere out there. You can't disagree with it, you'd just be denying your own existence.

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's all a matter of opinion, Believing in the existence of god has nothing to do w/ domination. The only thing close to priase is the universe. In my opinion we are here because of it, i support demi on his opinion of the big bang, but his disapproval of my belief of prooflessness meaning inexistence. I for one do believe in aliens, who says we don't have physical proof, like god and aliens..there have been witness', although that is all they are, give a retard photoshop and he'll work wonders, a picture is no longer proof of anything. And there is already proof of aliens. Hard-Physical proof. If a planet such as Earth can exist and support life, why can there not be another planet similar? it's obvious that there is a form of life beyond our knowing somewhere out there. You can't disagree with it, you'd just be denying your own existence.

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's all a matter of opinion, Believing in the existence of god has nothing to do w/ domination. The only thing close to god is the universe. In my opinion we are here because of it, i support demi on his opinion of the big bang, but his disapproval of my belief of prooflessness meaning inexistence. I for one do believe in aliens, who says we don't have physical proof, like god and aliens..there have been witness', although that is all they are, give a retard photoshop and he'll work wonders, a picture is no longer proof of anything. And there is already proof of aliens. Hard-Physical proof. If a planet such as Earth can exist and support life, why can there not be another planet similar? it's obvious that there is a form of life beyond our knowing somewhere out there. You can't disagree with it, you'd just be denying your own existence.

~~Major ****ing laggage, i triple posted and i can't delete them, sorry, just try to not mind or would a mod please deleete 2~~

DemiGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
read othre posts in the earlier pages,

quoted from somone lol
i say there a puppies floating in space.
u cant prove there arent any puppies floating in space
i cant prove that there are
so wich side wins?

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
puppies cant survive is space, besides, they cant just be there, someone put them there, so i can prove whether they are there or not, just ask whoever put them there.

thats irellevant to what i said, i said that there is another planet supporting life like ours, you said there are puppies in space, my theory is correct, yours is an assumption, unless your a puppy killer.

DemiGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok so who put us here? on earth go ask the person who did it.

and why cant puppies be in space, maybe they can survive there, whoever put them there musta had a power/technology that got them there in the first place?

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
we were created by a natural cause, unless i can talk to the big bang, and clash of opposing matter, i doubt ill get far in the conversation.

DemiGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ur theory is correct? it probably is, but.... as this whole thread has stated, can you prove it without a doubt. if so i will take u to a telescope and i want you to show me. i wanan see BEings not of this world wave at me and aknowledge me

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i will as soon as soon as you point out the floating puppies. Besides, if scientists can theorize the way i can about Extra-Terrestrials, but yet they don't have a telescope that can see across the galaxy, it's common sense, ****ing floating puppies is not...

DemiGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but.... can u disprove it? it may sound retarded, and it is, but you and no1 else can disprove it can they? commen sense or not you wont find out am i right? the galaxy/space is so big we will never know that there arnt floating puppies. and to point out im not saying that i dont believe in aliens, i truly do but there is no proof.

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok..lets say puppies were put into space, your theory is missing one major point, unless your a mofo puppy killer, you wouldnt know they are there either, but there is a slim chance puppies are in space, as opposed to a theory i feel is almost if not IS scientifically excepted, that there is a planet similar to ours.

DemiGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ahhh, but there is also a slim chance that there is another planet with life on it. maybe earth was the only lucky planet, we dont know. prolly not but you just dont know. and wouldnt have a god created them too? and if so, wouldnt they look like him too? god created us in his image. but they might say that he created them in his image then wat? we have a war and watever side wins, is right?

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not knowing is the only drawback, My theory would be more supported, although you do make a good point. The odds of earth being lucky are insurmountable, so that it would be almost impossible. It's all opinion, and right now the only reason you are putting up the fight you are is because you side w/ me, but don't want to lose the argument.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't believe in god but I do believe in a higher power. I simply do not believe that evolution happened by chance. Lol I forgot how old the Earth was, 4.6 billion years was it? I simply do not believe that the first cell happened to be created by chance, and then evolved with all other life forms being created in that small period of time. If you really look at it, you'll see how ludicrous it is to say that all life evolved from the first cell in that short period of time. Either the Earth is a lot older or there was a higher power involved. And how about other religions, Egyptians believe in many gods. So who's right? The people who believe in one god, the people who belive in many gods, or the peopel who believe in no god? Not to mention there are other options like Buddhism. The reason why I don't believe god exists, is because of the bible. A lot of the stuff that happened in he bible don't happen in today's world. In the bible, god interefered in people's lives, whereas nowadays, god doesn't do anything. Not to mention the existance of other religionsBEcause of the bible and it's stories, it leads me that the "one god" religion as man made. If a human wrote the bible, how would he know about "Adam and Eve" or all the other events that happened before his time. This leads me to believe the bible is entirely fictional. Either god wrote it, or a human being made the stories up. And religious people have told me the bible was written by man.

So to sum it all up

85% sure there is a higher power
99.875% sure that one almighty god does not exist and the bible was written by a man-made, otherwise fictional.

Another thing that leads me to believe a higher power exists, is the question of where did the universe come from? Was it just there? If it was just there, then it implies that time had no beginning. Something must have created the universe. The fact is, no one will ever know unless someone developed a time machine.

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The real question is what comes after life..what is death? Is it a giant LAN party. a game/anime heaven? or a black void of nothingness. No thoughts, no dreams, just an eternal sleep with no awakening. Do you watch your life over and over? thinking of all the ways you could have changed it, dreaming up the life you wish you could have lead.

Re'coil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by vanilla_ice_cream
Another thing that leads me to believe a higher power exists, is the question of where did the universe come from? Was it just there? If it was just there, then it implies that time had no beginning. Something must have created the universe. The fact is, no one will ever know unless someone developed a time machine.

Do you really think we know how and why the universe began? we can only use the big bang to theorize how it evolved. Besides, im pretty sure it's something unsolvable. The only way to find out is to go to the beginning of time, a place we can not even imagine.
Einstiein already said that a time machine is only a dream, but visualizing, and being able to see beyond present time can happen, im not sure what it involved.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Re'coil
Do you really think we know how and why the universe began? we can only use the big bang to theorize how it evolved. Besides, im pretty sure it's something unsolvable. The only way to find out is to go to the beginning of time, a place we can not even imagine.
Einstiein already said that a time machine is only a dream, but visualizing, and being able to see beyond present time can happen, im not sure what it involved.
Of course it's unsolvable, put I doubt the Universe was just there. Like it had no beginning. However, you never know what type of technology we'll have in the future.