How sure are you that God exists?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cxoli
Assuming, of course, that you actually believe in a God.

As for me, I'd have to say I'm about 85% sure that God exists. I would say 100%, but the scientific part of my mind won't allow me to do so. Religion is about faith and science is about proof, but neither one can either prove or disprove the existance of God. I can lean more in one direction than another, but I can't claim I know either one to be true. If I have accepted the fact that there could be a God, I also have to accept the fact that there might not be.

So that's the reasoning behind my 85%: Most of it is faith, but some of it is scientific reasoning.

Anyway, please give a percentage and explain why you feel that way. I'm interested to see what other people think, and hoping they answer something other than 100% like most of the people I asked today did -_-;;
This is bit hard topic to answer... because I dont belive that God exists, since he does nothing for our world anymore (considering he did alots back in Abraham's day), whenever there is war going on, etc... also, he never made an encounter, I mean, is that going to ruin the world? I dont think so, I think it will just make more people believe in God, and be united in a sense.

However, I also believe that God exists.... God, assuming that he/she is 'thing' :fwink was created or born, just to create different world. Would he want each of these worlds to meet up with each other? I wouldnt, I would rather see them living all by themselves.
Lets say that galaxies or universes are created like 1396582398523 per seconds (big bang theory or w/e that is...)... God might have done that just to keep each world as seperated as possible, assuming that each world had big bang theory.

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I believe 100% that he existed. I believe in everything the bible says. I think God is there because how else would we get here? Where there just plants here? Evolution? I don't believe in that. I believe in creationism. :)

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Evolution is the key to life my friend. Otherwise we would have found life on another planet by now.

Think about it.

There are THOUSANDS of galaxies and he puts life on one planet out of thousands?

Nah...how do we even know that the bible is accurate? It was written off of tall tales from people who for our knowledge could have been village idiots. If it was written at the TIME Christ and everything God did happened maybe more believable. Otherwise its just the same old cult crap.

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
Originally posted by Razael
When the bible was first written, it had the idea of a geocentric universe. Makes you wonder what else science will prove wrong, no?
How can you say that when science has been wrong as much, if not more.

"If this discovery is confirmed, it will surely be one of the most stunning insights into our universe that science has ever uncovered. Its implications are as far-reaching and awe-inspiring as can be imagined. Even as it promises answers to some of our oldest questions, it poses still otheres even more fundamental."

-President Bill Clinton, in a press conference following a discovery known as ALH84001 on August 7. 1997

ALH84001 was a metorite that had some "fossils" implemented upon its outer and inner crust. Clinton made that speech thinking they had actually found a meteorite with fossils, almost proving the existence, and proving we are not alone in the universe. He, NASA, science in question were mistaken, as it was a form of gas that made these indentations.

This is just one of many examples were science has been in fact mistaken, which is inevitable, as we are humans, and we are no were near perfect.

Though Christianity has faults, we cant take it all literaly, as i beleive they are parables, paradoxes to teach us how to live the "civilized" way of life.

@Plumpamania
Though i agree with you for most of your points, the bible was written for many years after christ was supposed to be living.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by borednerd
How can you say that when science has been wrong as much, if not more.

"If this discovery is confirmed, it will surely be one of the most stunning insights into our universe that science has ever uncovered. Its implications are as far-reaching and awe-inspiring as can be imagined. Even as it promises answers to some of our oldest questions, it poses still otheres even more fundamental."

-President Bill Clinton, in a press conference following a discovery known as ALH84001 on August 7. 1997

ALH84001 was a metorite that had some "fossils" implemented upon its outer and inner crust. Clinton made that speech thinking they had actually found a meteorite with fossils, almost proving the existence, and proving we are not alone in the universe. He, NASA, science in question were mistaken, as it was a form of gas that made these indentations.

This is just one of many examples were science has been in fact mistaken, which is inevitable, as we are humans, and we are no were near perfect.

Though Christianity has faults, we cant take it all literaly, as i beleive they are parables, paradoxes to teach us how to live the "civilized" way of life.

@Plumpamania
Though i agree with you for most of your points, the bible was written for many years after christ was supposed to be living.
I didn't know Bill Clinton was a scientist... Astounding!

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
No, but surpsingly enough, NASA employs them....wow!

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh yes he is a scientist, knows every theory and forumula to get a 21 year old intern to blow you.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Way to double post.

Since when is NASA considered the general population of science? You just assume that since NASA said it, all other scientists agreed. Thank you, and good day.

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
Yes, NASA, they sure dont specialize in rocks from space, especially meteorites. Well id assume that the clinton wouldve had looked with civilian scientists to prove it.

But this is besides the point. Science has been wrong many times, just as religion has been "innacurate".

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by borednerd
Yes, NASA, they sure dont specialize in rocks from space, especially meteorites. Well id assume that the clinton wouldve had looked with civilian scientists to prove it.

But this is besides the point. Science has been wrong many times, just as religion has been "innacurate".
Having science be wrong is one thing, but having something that you believe in and are willing to die for is another thing.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But thats what science is. Its to test out new theories and ideas, not go off something that was written down thousands of years ago about stuff that had happened hundreds of years before that.

Religion is a very bad game of telephone.

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
The story of Jesus's The Prodigal Son, as i see it is more of parables, to teaches us that the Father is forgiving of anything, as long as we are sorry. The Prodigal son probably did not even exist, but it was/is a parable, as is much of the bible,obviosly satan becoming evil, and god becoming good. The bible is a book that teaches us how to live, and is a paradox at that. Doesnt matter that it was written down thousands of years ago, or even a million, as long as the stories and teachings are still in tact.

Science is a very young "way of life", as religion has been in tact since the dawn of towns and cities.

Although everyone's arguments are great, you cant really prove or disprove a religion; its a way of life that has to start with yourself.

C

courcelle

i've given it alot of thought but i cant say he is there but i cant say he isn't its what you put your faith in you dicide but no one knows the bible was written by mortal men for all we now the could have been a conartist. you could think about if god was real for hours and whould never find the real anwser it is what you put your faith in that determines what you think

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
i first thought he existed then i thought where the **** is he?
and if you saw a guy in downtown saying that he was the new jesus
would you belive it?
i think the bible is exaggerated

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
You really didnt think jesus would come and pop up out of the air?

You arent supposed to see jesus until the apocolypse, when he will make the final judgement.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
For me i very much so believe in god.

I am sure you know that 99.9% of dust is made up of your dead body cells? well in the bible it says God made you from the dust. Also did you know that science started off in the churches? People used science to better understand Gods mysterious ways.
I guess some people just branched off to disprove there was a god. really what it all boils down to is how much faith you have.

as for me i am 90%

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
How do you people have faith in one God when there were so many Gods throughout history. For all we know the Judeo-Christian God is fake and the Greek Gods are right, or maybe the Japanese Gods.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Originally posted by Otmorozok
The Japanese didnt have gods, they had ancestral spirits.
Deities like Izanami are like Gods.