How sure are you that God exists?

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Assuming, of course, that you actually believe in a God.

As for me, I'd have to say I'm about 85% sure that God exists. I would say 100%, but the scientific part of my mind won't allow me to do so. Religion is about faith and science is about proof, but neither one can either prove or disprove the existance of God. I can lean more in one direction than another, but I can't claim I know either one to be true. If I have accepted the fact that there could be a God, I also have to accept the fact that there might not be.

So that's the reasoning behind my 85%: Most of it is faith, but some of it is scientific reasoning.

Anyway, please give a percentage and explain why you feel that way. I'm interested to see what other people think, and hoping they answer something other than 100% like most of the people I asked today did -_-;;

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It all began then i had a bible study class, i took, i finished it, and i realized how rediculus bible seemes if you actually read it and analyze it. Many ideas are paradoxical, that is basically then i became an atheist, then i realized that.

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i beleive 100 percent he DID exist im not saying i beleive everything written in the bible because the bible was written by men that had to glorify things like say a king came into town the guy wouldnt right down the king came into town hed go on and on glorifying him so i beleive god created everything but i dont beleive everything written in the bible

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You cant *know* God doesnt exist anymore than you can *know* he does. Its above our incompetent human minds to understand..

I think I believe in some form of higher power. Do I think its the Christian God who created the universe in 7 days? Meh. That would be the first choice on my list. No matter any way you(human secularist's) put it; no matter how low a primitive cell you can think of: It had to come from somewhere. All things created must have a creator, it must.

So I would say 80% sure in a higher power. Must...do...more...research. >.<

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well actually, you as an individual can know that he does or doesn't exist, its your own decision. Now human kind can't reach that conclusion.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, you can have an opinion that you believe He exists or doesnt exist. Niether side can provide indisputable evidence to 100% solidify their case. It just cant be done.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Lights
No matter any way you(human secularist's) put it; no matter how low a primitive cell you can think of: It had to come from somewhere. All things created must have a creator, it must.

if thats true god *must* ahve been created.. making an endless cycle of higher gods. id rather believe the cells did just come from nowhere.... than a god came from nowhere...

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by amrtin77
if thats true god *must* ahve been created.. making an endless cycle of higher gods. id rather believe the cells did just come from nowhere.... than a god came from nowhere...

Unfgh..your missing that God, since he is God, was never created; He has always existed.

EDIT: Looking at it, that seems so odd to say. "always existed"--Mind boggling. :rollie

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so why couldnt this energy that started the big bang have always existed...? i hope you see what im saying =\

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm curious about somthing cxoli
You say

"Religion is about faith and science is about proof, but neither one can either prove or disprove the existance of God."

i say theres puppy dogs floating throughout space.
Can You prove without a doubt there isn't?
Can i prove without a doubt there is?
I think when i first heard someone say somthing along those lines a few years ago it kinda killed the whole "well you can't disprove it theory" whenever i hear it now.
Not saying anyones right or wrong either way, just kinda putting in my 2 cents on that logic.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by amrtin77
so why couldnt this energy that started the big bang have always existed...? i hope you see what im saying =\
I see what you are saying. :)
Dont worry. I just like to argue.

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
Originally posted by Lights
Unfgh..your missing that God, since he is God, was never created; He has always existed.

EDIT: Looking at it, that seems so odd to say. "always existed"--Mind boggling. :rollie
Yeah, as lights says, it is impossible to tell, and it kind of reminds of how did the chicken come to exist;
the egg hatched into a chicken,
the grown chicken came first; which is just to stretch the mind.

Impossibility, and though it may be inevitable, the problem still lays, is does a higher power exist, which is a question that you, and only you can answer.

S

Set

i do not believe that "God" exists i believe that there is only "Death" that is the only true god

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, if you dont believe in God then you dont believe in God. I mean i dont think that Death created the universe and can kill me, death is something that comes after life, its a condition.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How can you believe in a book that was edited in the 4th century to help the papacy retain power over the people?

That doesn't help me to believe that there is a God and/or a Jesus.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When the bible was first written, it had the idea of a geocentric universe. Makes you wonder what else science will prove wrong, no?