How long do u have to be here for forum elder?

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Blade
I asked for a moderator position way back when. A little after the Placebo incident. Please, spare me the bullshit of asking for a spot makes you seem less appealing.
Really? I have heard it has been more frequent then you say.

Also if I am working at my job, and I whine for a promotion should I get it? I don't think so.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AxL
Really? I have heard it has been more frequent then you say.

Also if I am working at my job, and I whine for a promotion should I get it? I don't think so.
lol I asked for Void mod recently, but that's only for the fun of it.

Asking is rather different than whining. If you feel you have earned it, then you have all the right for a promotion then go for it.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All that being a Forum Elder is good for is the fact that you still get to view the staff. Avalon originally made the group just so some of the resigning staff could continue to view it. If I recall, it used to be only 4 people, but the next time I looked it had exploded into a lot more. And then a few weeks later cort de-eldered a bunch of people. My point is, the group isn't for actual "elders" like it sounds like, its just so x-mod who have contributed can continue to view staff.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't think it has staff viewing powers anymore. At least we didn't while I was one.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i didnt either. but i could move my own threads and posts to other forums i think. dont think i used it. really all it is is a different title.

aphextwin

Reaction score
u can be elder when u kiss the staff's ass alot

xjMaN88lx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
newbie i guess u shulda been a forum elder a while ago

@topic

there are some ppl on these forums that i rely think do deserve forum elders and that werent moderators.. clax , sweatyogre.. i mean its a tag that in meaning doesnt have to mean a former moderator it culd be a respected person that has been here for a while

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Now only a few of the Elders can see Battle Staff.

But all they get is a coloured default title. Not worth worrying about.

Stop bickering over a forum position. Heck, you don't even show up on the Forum Leaders list (any more).

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AxL
You have to be a mod for a certain amount of time, and you have to actually have done good while being one.
Well AxL, I have no grudge against you no more but you and celestialbadger always bitched about the job I did... Which the admins said I was doing a very good job... You said I did a shitty job... :( MEANIE!!!

You have to be a mod a certain amount of time and during that time you have to do your job and do a good job at it. You must hand out the warnings, clear the spam and flames, move the un-needed posts... And visit the private staff room, which has lottsa happy candies and bologna in it!!!

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by -Sh1Ft-
how long do u have to be here to be considered a forum elder?
here's a better question... why would you want that status? It's better to be a peon here than to have the responsiblity of people looking up to you for advice and to do stuff for them and whatnot... take your current status with pride and hope you never have to,/get to, be on the staff here someday.

-Rage

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Re: How long do u have to be here for forum elder?

Originally posted by Silynt Rage
take your current status with pride and hope you never have to,/get to, be on the staff here someday.
Haha, I like that Rage... The staff isn't all that great, all they do is argue and bitch about other people's actions(other mod's.) And it get's very annoying after awhile, there's no point in it if your going to be degraded for the way you do your job, or hearing it... So just listen to Rage, lol...

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AxL
Kami exactly how much good did you do? I think the thing you are most famous for was your retarded swearing rule. Which was I think the worst thing. OMG ASTERISKS! BAN!
i should have been given the title "GOD" just for being able to stop you from losing your mod position in chit chat.

i still have all the pm's, want me to post them as proof?:D

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Kami exactly how much good did you do? I think the thing you are most famous for was your retarded swearing rule. Which was I think the worst thing. OMG ASTERISKS! BAN!

You didn't save me shiat.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Originally posted by Guru
It does. Take Kami, jd, xj, me and any other elder for example, we can still view the staff.
You are wrong bub. They only let a very select few elders view staff. I'm not one of them.

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Staff privileges were taken away from me also. :(
So other than the title, what else do Elders have going for them now?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dice5_5
Staff privileges were taken away from me also. :(
So other than the title, what else do Elders have going for them now?

Discounts and handicapped parking.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dice5_5
Atleast the handicapped parking is closer to the entrances. :)

True, but it takes you longer to get there with your canes, and motorized scooters.