How have you "Good Gamed" your SC/BW CDs?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well considering I just recently obliterated my 3rd BW CD, and I'll be without it until I buy another Battle Chest, I figured I'd post how I've lost every copy I've owned lately to at least help me get over the remorse part of this.

My first one was actually in my CD tray when I turned on my old AMD K-6 2 tower. As it began to boot up, it checked the CD tray for a boot disk (had my boot order as A:, E:, then C: ), upon spinup, the CD completely shattered inside of my CD-ROM, and broke apart into thousands of pieces, immediately freezing my computer.

My second one eventually just got too scratched up to play, however fortunately around that time they were still selling BroodWar individually for only like $15.

My last one which I killed last night, I accidently left on the hood of my car after a 10-hour LAN party session. I blame lack of sleep, and too much sugar for that moment of weakness that led to that poor CD's ultimate annihilation upon the open road. :(

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've had 4 CDs, on my 5th now.. Borrowd the first 2 to some friends, never saw them again. The other ones got lost in spring cleaning and such.

So just to make sure, i now have an CD image of BW on my comp, this way i won't lose it unless God himself smites my comp.

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
:hbut Poor crot. Im on my second because I sold my old computer and forgot to take it out of the drive.:hbut

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd Brood War (w00t I don't completely suck). I lent the first to my cousin a year ago and I never got it back.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
wow still on my first disc..

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I sat on my first one, then seemingly, my second disappeared in my pool. I'm on my third now, or I don't know really, lost track. They just keep breaking on me or disappearing! :(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Unlike you guys, i look after my CDs. So i'm still on my first one, it is scratched, but works perfectly.

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
i'm on first discs, but they are scratched up like hell! but they still work, so I'm good!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wing Zero said:
wow still on my first disc..
lol same

buying orginal disk 20 bucks
buying broodwar 20 bucks
cd burn 20 bucks
blank cds 19.99
having two computers and made copies of them and being the only one who knows how to play priceless

there are some things money can't buy, for everything else, there's the chinese gene :D

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
i lost my cd key so now i cant reinstall bw for os 10 and i cant play os 9 cuz it lags..i guess im stuck with tft

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Meh, having more than one person per computer makes it happen. Everyone else removes the CD and put it outside the box, in some stupid place, and it gets strached. I lost a couple of 3 copies with that :D

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then maybe you should, make 50 copies of them. then when they get damage, sell them to your friends for 10 bucks :D

Entos

Member!
Reaction score
Website
entos.at.tt
i know a certain guy called Pang-ul and he lost i like 5 times or so, so dont go feeling bad on urself coRt

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
5 times,he is nub, i think im on like my 6th or 7th most of them i lost,like 2 got too scratched to play

Biske

Reaction score
I'm on my 6th SC, and 4th BW. My problem was that I'd keep the disc in my comp, and just loose the Jewel Case, which unfortunetly is the only place they put the damn CD Key...put it on the damn CD, morons! Or, make a Read-me on the CD that comes with the CD Key...God Bless...

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
I got SC and BW when they first came out, made a dozen copies, havent used the originals since. Now on my 3rd BW copy. First, let a friend use it, never got it back. Oh well, thats why I made copies! Second I dropped in on the floor and rolled over it with the chair :doh :hbut

Oh well! Tis why we make COPIES of important CDs, duh! However, you can only make soo many copies before the originals have a nervous breakdown...

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
man, ypu people don't take care of your cds! as I said before, on first bought copy. haven't needed to buy another from the store again.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I still have my first SC cd. it looks like it cant run, due to huge scrathes, but it suprising still does well.

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my starcraft original cd runs perfectly fine and the case is pretty good too.. not bad for 6 years.

broodwar, I had 2 for my brother and I to play.. 1 of em (his) got too scratched up, I burned the other working one, and the burned one still works.

I currently run broodwar and make new cds of broodwar off my computer :)

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hint: perhaps if you tards are breaking so many cd's make a backup copy so you dont have to go out and get a new one every time.

edit: and yes, if you own the CD it is LEGAL to make yourself a backup.