Homosexuality

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
i like what i said
I think it was retarded.

The ass can't reproduce, gotcha. That has what to do with...anything? Marriage isn't about sex. It's a binding of sorts. A commitment (that usually fails miserably, but that's besides the point).

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
The way I think about is fine...be gay....jsut don't be gay around me....and try and wear something that coveres ur ass please....thats a damn **** killer

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Marriage is a partnership in life. Its about taxes and benefits, not about religion. Therefore the State must find a way to provide to the gay couples that decide to share their lives the same benefits it provides to all other citizens.

Adopting a child, though, is a different business. All kids must have a chance to live with a father and a mother. I think it is unconstitutional to deprive them of this right by deciding that same sex couples can adopt kids.

PS: reproducing between members of the same family is not allowed because of the high risk for serious birth defects. The religious factor of the Fear of God was added in order to discourage sex between family members a couple of thousand years ago. When people were supposedly more ignorant than we are.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
I don't know what you are refering to, but you sound confussed. And rather upset that the conversation has now become dry.
"Take, eat, this is my body ... Take, drink, this is my blood
"Catholic doctrine holds that the elements are not only spiritually transformed, but rather are actually (substantially) transformed into the Body and Blood of Christ. The elements retain the appearance or "accidents" of bread and wine, but are indeed the actual Body and Blood of Christ. This is what is meant by Real Presence; the actual, physical presence of Jesus in the Eucharist"
****ing cannibals

L

Laharl

Yum, yum. Saviour for dinner!

All I know is that I've got what I wanted up here in Canada, and same-sex marriage isnt about to disappear any time soon.

To see what I am talking about

Now then, I feel I need not prove my case. But you must prove yours. I have been, quite efficiently, pushed to defend and need not prove anything. At all. :mean

...Pretty fly for a Drow, guy.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Every single person, whether homosexual or heterosexual has exactly the same rights when it comes to marriage
Right, and in the 50's there wasn't a single person that could ride whatever train he wanted. People had the exact same rights, just some people of diffrent skin tone had to ride a less comfortable train.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I guess women didn't have to be given the option of maturnity leave, because all women didn't have it so everything was equal so everyone has the same rights.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Forged said:
Right, and in the 50's there wasn't a single person that could ride whatever train he wanted. People had the exact same rights, just some people of diffrent skin tone had to ride a less comfortable train.
They couldn't ride what train they wanted, but the key difference here is that they didn't have the same options. A black person did not have every option that a white person had. The reason why this in no way applies to same sex marriage is that a homosexual and a heterosexual both have the exact same options in who to marry. Black people were denied 'equal' rights to white people - homosexuals have equal rights in marriage with heterosexuals.

Pan said:
I guess women didn't have to be given the option of maturnity leave, because all women didn't have it so everything was equal so everyone has the same rights.
It is completely constitutional to remove maternity leave - whether it is smart or not is a different question (one that I have not yet addressed because 1) I need for this point to be taken first and 2) I completely lack the time to write the post needed for the second part)

Pan said:
****ing cannibals
To quote myself from an earlier thread since, as I have pointed out, I lack the time to write a new one:

"Since this is bound to be the first inconsistency you speak of then I will answer it. It has to do with metaphysics, specifically the two words 'substance' and 'accident'. Substance is being which is not dependant on anything and exists on its own. On the other hand, accidents must exist and are dependant on something else. For example, a carrot is substantially a carrot, not a tomato. It will never turn into anything else such as a turnup. It is orange and has, for the lack of a better phrase, carrot qualities. When the priest is doing his thing while turning the bread and wine to Jesus' flesh and blood he removes the substance of the bread and the wine and replaces it with the flesh and blood of Jesus. The wine's accidents such as its' redness and taste remain, but its' substance is replaced. How this happens is still a mystery, but this is an effort to explain how transubstantiation works."

No flesh or blood is being eaten/driken.

Note: This completely requires a belief in God [and Roman Catholicism] and this should be kept completely separate from any argument about same sex marriage because marriage is a secular institution.

Note 2: The argument about same sex marriage on my part so far has not passed the state of is it constitutional to not allow it - it has gone no further until this key point is finished.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Tipsy said:
They couldn't ride what train they wanted, but the key difference here is that they didn't have the same options. A black person did not have every option that a white person had. The reason why this in no way applies to same sex marriage is that a homosexual and a heterosexual both have the exact same options in who to marry. Black people were denied 'equal' rights to white people - homosexuals have equal rights in marriage with heterosexuals.
heterosexuals can mary the ones they love...homosexuals cant though. thats not 'equal' now is it?(playing devils advocate)

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
heterosexuals can mary the ones they love...homosexuals cant though. thats not 'equal' now is it?(playing devils advocate)
To quote myself from earlier:

"Do you love the person you marry? Do you hate the person? Do you find them attractive? None of these have any weight in civil marriage."

It is equal according to the law. This is a completely secular state institution - love is not a factor.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
pan said:
Becuase two gays over the age 18 can marry, but can't if thier younger. it's the same thing.
[glow=black]*They're.

On topic: Homosexuality is fine with me. Just don't do it around me. (Except you Joe!!)
[/glow]

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Men were not made to have sex with men, its common sense. Penis goes into vagina, repeat a couple hundred times, you ejaculate, and a baby may be concieved.

Ta-Da, my arguement about people bieng gay, based soley on the fact that men, biologically, are not born to have sex with men, but with women.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Posthuman said:
I think it was retarded.

The ass can't reproduce, gotcha. That has what to do with...anything? Marriage isn't about sex. It's a binding of sorts. A commitment (that usually fails miserably, but that's besides the point).
i dont know if you know or not, but the question asked in this thread was about my feelings on homosexuality

nothing to do with marriage, people just changed the topic of the thread.

- Edit

WTF, the double post thing isnt here.. weird!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was sitting in my seat during history class when my teacher talked about how gay marriage will be a highly contorversal subject for the supreme court. then a thought came to me

many of the arguments vs gay marriage is religious base. however there is one thing that popped into my head "seperation of church and state"

if the case of same sex marriage makes it to the supreme court should they involve religion with their decision?
should the state denied same sex marriage becuase the majority of their population says it is "against God's will"??

i was just extremely bored and just wanted to see what ppl think

The King

Member!
Reaction score
Last I heard, a majority of the people that are homosexual can't help it. Like mentaly handicapped people.

Are you going to ban "retards" from having the same rights as us now too, just because they have a different cellular makeup?

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
many of the arguments vs gay marriage is religious base. however there is one thing that popped into my head "seperation of church and state"

if the case of same sex marriage makes it to the supreme court should they involve religion with their decision?
should the state denied same sex marriage becuase the majority of their population says it is "against God's will"??

i was just extremely bored and just wanted to see what ppl think
If religion were involved, that would be making a case for same sex marriage rather than against because if we supported one religious group's marriage then we would be required to support them all. However, since civil marriage is a secular state sponsored institution religion cannot and should not be involved.

That being said, the Supreme Court has no right to legalize same sex marriage because that would be 'legislating from the bench' which is an abuse of judicial power. The way same sex marriage should be legalized or stopped is through either the legislative branches of states or congress because the Supreme Court has no right to create a right that has never existed. The checks and balances exist for a reason.

TheKing said:
Are you going to ban "retards" from having the same rights as us now too, just because they have a different cellular makeup?
Homosexual people have the exact same rights as heterosexual people.

For further information on why it is constitutional to stop same sex marriage see post #15 of this thread.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well... it seems i shall once again post the reasons why homosexuality is wrong

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
1. Homosexuality is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy
behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has
legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women
are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were
allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children.
Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be
allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world
needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours,
the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's
why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we
as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never
adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the
service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

lets see how long before i get flamed

Venice_native

Premium Member
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
well... it seems i shall once again post the reasons why homosexuality is wrong

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
1. Homosexuality is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy
behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has
legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women
are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were
allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children.
Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be
allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world
needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours,
the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's
why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we
as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never
adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the
service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

lets see how long before i get flamed
It isn't that you are going to get flamed, it's that you
made no valid points in any sensible manner and I'm guessing you based your opinions off somthing you watched on the Television.

1. That has absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage, and until you become creator of the known universe, you don't know what is mentally natural.

2. Until you can prove that, I could just as easily say, hanging around a ice box could turn you into one.

3. There is a big difference between people and dogs. If you need this explained to you, I'd rather you went back to Preschool.

4. You're an idiot. Every color marries every color, and most women are more inteligable than you are.

5. Can you prove that?

6. What about the hetero-sexual family (let's say about 30 years of age) that adopts a child.

7. And since a mother raises a son the son will turn into a women right?

8. I hope you're kidding.

9. There is truth behind that, but most children don't follow their parents as their male/female role models.

10. Adaptation takes time. People will get used to it.

L

Laharl

That was originally written by a site FOR same-sex marriage, Venice. It's all sarcasm! I love that, thanks Beta.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Other than that list being a straw man, the burden of deciding whether same sex marriage is to be allowed is on supporters of same sex marriage. The question is, does same sex marriage help provide for the general welfare of the country? If it does not provide for the general welfare of society, congress in turn does not have the constitutional power to legalize same sex marriage. If the only same sex argument is all of the arguments made by a vast majority of people against same sex marriage is wrong, same sex marriage will not be legalized because the burden of proof is on supporters of it.

Though I have to agree with Venice:

Venice_Native said:
it's that you
made no valid points in any sensible manner and I'm guessing you based your opinions off somthing you watched on the Television.
If you take it literally, it makes no sense and is obviously wrong. If you take it for sarcasm it is a straw man (logical fallacy).