Homosexuality

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on homosexuality in general? Do you think it should be outlawed or what? Personally I dislike anything the state does for homosexuality rights such as gay marriage.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
america is doing the right thing to prevent gay marriages

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I believe individual religious institutions should be able to choose whom they want to marry. Though, gays should be able to be together through common law marriages, civil unions, etc. that don't force a religious institution to adopt a practice that defies its traditions.

L

Laharl

What will banning same-sex marriage do? Besides create more hatred and discrimination.

As I previously stated, the Canadian legal system declared that you cannot ban same-sex marriage. In fact, it went on to say, that to BAN same-sex marriage would be unconstitutional! But, we respect minorities more than most other countries.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I have a very what-ever-floats-your-boat attitude, that being said as long as a decision is made by consenting adults I don't see a problem with gay or polygamis marriage.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Gay marriage opens the doors to other bizarre marriages such as marrying an object, a dog or your siblings. If you do not discriminate those who want gay marriage, you can't discriminate those who marry their pets or cousins etc.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Allowing men and women to marry opens the doors to other bizarre marriages such as marrying an object, a dog or your siblings. If you do not discriminate those who want straight marriage, you can't discriminate those who marry their pets or cousins etc.

Lets look at this objectivlly, an object can not consent, a dog can not consent, sex between siblings has medical evidence that shows extreme danger to possible children....

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I'm with the Big-Fat-Drow, and Forged. Makes no difference to me if someone has enough feelings for someone straight, gay, green, 2 headed or whatever good for them to have enough courage to express that to everyone. I personally don't see the big issue with "Gay Marriage" what so ever, but to actually have a ban on doing so is actually wrong to me. Since America was basically a country founded by people who were shunned by "normal everyday" people. Who cares if some guy marries another guy or woman to a woman. Is that going to burst the bubble of the world? No, not the slightest. The only real reason why same sex marriges are banned is because of religion, and because what others might feel. Bunch of bull. Who cares what other people do, it won't effect me or you.

As for marrige to a cousin, it's been done before. What's his face that did the song "Great Balls of Fire". He married his underage cousin back in the 60's he was like 23 while she was 16 I believe. (Don't quote me on the ages). I'm sure their are others out their too, like Billy Bob and Betsy Sue.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm let's look at it another way, a guy and a dog cannot procreate, a guy and an object cannot procreate, a guy with a guy cannot procreate.

A 16 year old girl marrying a 50 year old man. Both of them can consent, yet it is illegal. Why you going to discriminate that while legalizing two guys marrying.

There is also danger to children if a person with aids has sex with someone. Why are they allowing people with aids to marry?

What if two siblings were married but they only have sex with birth controls and condoms? How is that different than two guys having sex?

Definition of marriage is fine the way it is. You allow gays to marry, you might as well allow siblings to marry.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:
Hmmm let's look at it another way, a guy and a dog cannot procreate, a guy and an object cannot procreate, a guy with a guy cannot procreate.
A guy and a Guy can adopt, and raise a child, and object or a dog can't adopt a child.

A 16 year old girl marrying a 50 year old man. Both of them can consent, yet it is illegal. Why you going to discriminate that while legalizing two guys marrying.
Becuase two gays over the age 18 can marry, but can't if thier younger. it's the same thing.

There is also danger to children if a person with aids has sex with someone. Why are they allowing people with aids to marry?

What if two siblings were married but they only have sex with birth controls and condoms? How is that different than two guys having sex?
Becuase birth control isn't 100%, and there is a HUGE difference moraly for siblings marrying.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:

Definition of marriage is fine the way it is. You allow gays to marry, you might as well allow siblings to marry.
How does being gay relate to incest? Yeah..it doesn't. Nor' does it relate to a dog..or a cardboard box. The fact of the matter is, two gays are consenting, non related (I'd hope) adults. As pan said...gays can adopt and raise children. They can love each other, live together...be openly gay, so why the hell can't they marry? There is no logical reason behind not allowing it.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
A guy and a Guy can adopt, and raise a child, and object or a dog can't adopt a child.
Doesn't make them able to procreate... and imagine a child in a family with TWO DADS. I personally would like to have a dog and a dad rather than TWO DADS. (lots of single parents with pets). Weakened families are the worse thing that can happen to society.

becuase two gays over the age 18 can marry, but can't if thier younger. it's the same thing.
Now you won't be sexist, but you will be ageist. Discriminating one group but not discriminating another... hmm.

Becuase birth control isn't 100%, and there is a HUGE difference moraly for siblings marrying.
True, but there's always abortion. And can you give me the reason why it is so morally different for siblings to marry versus gay marriage? Is it something related to... RELIGION?

You say it is morally different, but where do our morals come from? They originate from religion (not sure but you can prove me wrong) And if you say that, it is also morally wrong for gays to marry because religion, which is where our morals come from, says it is wrong.

How does being gay relate to incest?
It does relate because they both cannot marry. But if you allow gays to marry, why do you still discriminate the marriage of siblings, pets and objects?

There are a few logical reasons why gays shouldn't marry:
1) Religions, which is where our morals originate, are against it.
2) It totally weakens/cripples the definition of marriage. (A couple of friends marrying just so they can get the tax benefits)
3) Opens the road for more kinds of marriages. Unless we have a firm definition of marriage, the options for marriage are endless.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Doesn't make them able to procreate... and imagine a child in a family with TWO DADS. I personally would like to have a dog and a dad rather than TWO DADS. (lots of single parents with pets). Weakened families are the worse thing that can happen to society.
I know people with two dads and other with two moms, they seem perfectlly fine.

Now you won't be sexist, but you will be ageist. Discriminating one group but not discriminating another... hmm
Our society has deemed 18 as the legal age of consent, younger if the parents approve.

And can you give me the reason why it is so morally different for siblings to marry versus gay marriage? Is it something related to... RELIGION?
This is what is commonlly refferd to as a strawman. Because while it make sense if you just glance and don't really think about it, in the end it is wrong. If a brother and sister have children the children will come out mentally retarted. The couple simplly will not have enough chromosones to give the child diffrent traits. Now, if we where to force any incest couple being married to be fixed then I see no problem with them getting married.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Our society also views marriage as a bond between a man and a woman.

Only 1% of the country is homosexual... why should we make such drastic changes simply for one percent? There are larger minorities to satisfy.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Not allowing same sex marriage is not denying a homosexual person marriage. There is not a single person by law [here in the United States] that can marry any person he wants. Every single person, whether homosexual or heterosexual has exactly the same rights when it comes to marriage. Do you love the person you marry? Do you hate the person? Do you find them attractive? None of these have any weight in civil marriage.

Marriage is not a civil right, it is a institution granted by the state. There is no discrimination or injustice here – everyone has the same rights. For this reason, the courts have absolutely no jurisdiction in the matter currently. As one of the dissenting judges from the Massachusetts same sex marriage case put it when legalizing it, "Today, the court has transformed its role as protector of individual rights into the role of creator of rights, and I respectfully dissent."

It should be completely clear now that the courts have to reason to be sanctioning same sex marriages at the current time because that is something for, as another dissenting judge put it when speaking of the courts, that they have the "authority to recognize rights that are supported by the Constitution and history, but the power to create novel rights is reserved for the people through the democratic and legislative processes." There is no civil rights issue here. And this is the process in which a large portion of the 'Gay Rights Movement' wishes to gain their special right.

The point of all of that – it is not unconstitutional to deny a right that is not embodied in the constitution. There is no right for the courts to be protecting, and it is an abuse of judicial power to legislate from the bench.

At the moment I don't have the time to write about how same sex marriage hurts society (and in turn everyone in it (and this has nothing to do with morality)) and for this reason why it should not be passed legislatively, but I’ll write about this in my next post.

Edit: Spelling

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Walter Bernhard said:
What are your thoughts on homosexuality in general? Do you think it should be outlawed or what? Personally I dislike anything the state does for homosexuality rights such as gay marriage.
Homosexuality is an affront to the Lord. People can change the Bible was much as they want, e.g. "adam and steve" but I doubt God will overlooked it.
Old Testament
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
[NIV Leviticus 20:13]

New Testament
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. [KJV I Corinthians 9:19]

If you study more of the older religions, (Judaism, Islam, other such monotheism) God is very stric with the rules.

"I don't believe in god so ...."

lol, You can pick and choose whatever you want. Since I don't believe in Christ its okay for me to pick what I think is right and wrong. :rolleyes

"...but god loves everyone"

Yes He does! We all make mistakes. And He does forgive us, (those who want to be forgiven (imo) but that does not make it right.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
If you study more of the older religions, (Judaism, Islam, other such monotheism) God is very stric with the rules.
What about polythestic religions? are you discriminating agasint them? Plus, christianity, Judaism, and Islam all worship the same God, and Chrsitianity is simply a mroe involved judaism, while Islam is a seperate road from Judaism.

What does that mean in the end? It means one thing. Man can never agree about anything, even about God. So why should you force Gods "teachings" on someone when none of you can even agree on God anyways. Did God come down and write the Bible? No, man did as a way to control people. Drop the bible, it has no relevance as it was written by man. If God doesn't want gays to marry, he can come down and tell us himself, otherwise we can't use God's name to justify anything.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
pan said:
What about polythestic religions? are you discriminating agasint them? Plus, christianity, Judaism, and Islam all worship the same God, and Chrsitianity is simply a mroe involved judaism, while Islam is a seperate road from Judaism.
Good observation, I am discriminating against them because monolistic religions are the powerhouse in religion. Even though Christianity is really much more polythestic.

pan said:
What does that mean in the end? It means one thing. Man can never agree about anything, even about God. So why should you force Gods "teachings" on someone when none of you can even agree on God anyways. Did God come down and write the Bible? No, man did as a way to control people. Drop the bible, it has no relevance as it was written by man. If God doesn't want gays to marry, he can come down and tell us himself, otherwise we can't use God's name to justify anything.
PauseBreak said:
You can pick and choose whatever you want. Since I don't believe in Christ its okay for me to pick what I think is right and wrong. :rolleyes
Quoted for emphasis.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
pan said:
Christians are a bunch of cannibals anyways. My god, you eat your God.
I don't know what you are refering to, but you sound confussed. And rather upset that the conversation has now become dry.