Help me with BLIZZ SORC

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
hammerdins can have 250mf easy

hammerdins>sorc, no question

we are not talking about doing pvp; of course a pvp char will beat a pvm, theres no arguement there, however; although sorc *may* do good damage, it wont stand a chance vs. dc; dc has way too much health and damage; only thing sorc is good at dc is using static...

and that guys build doesnt even have the static skill so good luck; stick to hammerdin

11k blizz damage using the perfect gear... i seriously doubt he will have the resources to afford that gear, he will prolly be doing the mf sorc; which will get owned, blizz sorc= good because of the moat trick vs. meph

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Don't know about you guys, but I've always maxed the synergies before I bothered with Blizzard, because the further you top out blizzard the higher mana costs. In early game, it helps when you do it that way, because you can't wear your good gear untill later when you can concentrate on your blizzard skill, obviously.

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
You've all given into the pop builds. Little naggy pubby builds like the Hammerdin and Blizz Sorc. Both are horrible for dc compared to a dc smiter.

Crescent Moon Phase Blade + Fanatacism will hit your fastest Smite breakpoint. Smite can never miss and there are no holes like there are with hammer. Smite is faster than hammer and by combining your smite with focussed crushing blow you can demolish dc is less than 10 Smites.

It is possible to reach almost 100% Crushing Blow. I think I got it to 96%. Everytime you hit crushing blow you take 1/10th of his life away. On top of that you have your Smite damage and Crescent Moon has a chance to cast Static Field which will reduce his life by a percentage just like Crushing Blow.

When you add those three together and consider you are not going to be very equipment reliant, you can demolish and tank dc with ease!

CB + Smite = Best DC build

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
ok im gonna make my decision now.
Should i build a blizz sorc for dc hunting or something else?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I only use my blizz sorc for mfing/botting and rushing.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
so i shouldnt build a blizz sorc for dc?
btw is smite better than zeal?
it will be nice if somone posted a build for smite^^:)

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
I retired my dc smiter a loooong time ago and Im not up for looking up the items I chose on him but from what I remember this is what did.

Smite - 20
Holy Shield - 20
Fanatacism - 20
Defiance - 20

Put spare points into Salvation. It can really help.

Crushing Blow Gear for a dc smiter:

Goblin Toe Boots (25%)
Guillem's Face Helm (35%)
Steelrend Gloves (10%)
Duress Runeword Armor (15%)

Total Chance of Crushing Blow = 85% Chance to instantly take away 1/10th of dc's life

Then like I said add in your Smite damage and your chance for Static Field and you'll have him dead in less than 10 smites. And for Dc yes Smite > Zeal. In PvP Smite > Zeal but Smite vs Zeal is mad bad mannered.

That was my DC Smiter. But if you are on ladder then there is a weapon that I would much rather have. I consider it without a doubt to be the new best smite weapon.

Last Wish
6 Socket Swords/Hammers/Axes

Jah + Mal + Jah + Sur + Jah + Ber

6% Chance To Cast Level 11 Fade When Struck
10% Chance To Cast Level 18 Life Tap On Striking
20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Charged Bolt On Attack
Level 17 Might Aura When Equipped
+330-375% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
60-70% Chance of Crushing Blow (varies)
Prevent Monster Heal
Hit Blinds Target
0.5 (per level)% Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level) <-- nifty little perk but doesn't help vs DC :p

Last Wish wasn't around when I had my DC smiter but what I would suggest now that it is around is if you are ladder then run the following....

Last Wish Phase Blade (70%)
Guillem's Face (35%)

Boom done. You now have 105% Chance of Crushing Blow which will garauntee DC will go right down. And now the rest of your equipment is open to preference.

i.e. Chains of Honor, Veil of Steel, Bloodfist, 2 x Bul-Katho's Wedding Bands, Mara's Kaleidoscope.

Hope that helped.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
which aura do i put on while fighting dc with smite build?

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
You should have any trouble at all but if you want to be safe then you can use Salvation. Since you aren't looking to get nutty strong smites in. You're counting on the Crushing Blow not your smite damage. The problem is if you turn off Fanatacism then you lose a ton of speed.

Last Wish is powerfull with it's crushing blow but it doesn't hit the fastest smite speed. Build your stats correctly and you'll have the Life to tank him without a problem anyways. Plus you'll have excellent resistances and very respectable defense. My old DC Smiter had about 30k defense. So you shouldn't have a problem but begin the fight with DC with Fanatacism on. Salv is just a back up.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
thx alot for the help. If it dosent annoy u, do u mind giving a link to equip guide for smite?:D

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
No body has written one for this type of Smiter that I know of. This is something that I put together because when v1.10 first came out I had mostly v1.09 characters and I didn't stand a ghost of a chance vs DC. So I created a 1.10 build specifically to take him out.

Helm: Guillem's Face
Weapon: Last Wish Phase Blade
Armor: Chains of Honor Archon Plate/Mage Plate
Shield: Herald of Zakarum (preferably upgraded)
Gloves: Laying of Hands (350% Enhanced Damage vs demons) Not sure if that effects smite I don't think it does but its my own superstition. If it doesn't effect smite then use Bloodfist.
Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord or Credendum (Disciple Set Belt)
Boots: I used Grim Spur but on ladder you won't have those so I suggest Sandstorm Trek. Goblin Toe and Gore Rider are virtually useless to you because you all ready have 105% Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike doesn't work with Smite. Open Wounds can be helpfull but there is no need to focus on it so I prefer Sandstorm Trek for the Stats and the FHR.

Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope for the stats, skills, and res
Rings: Bul-Katho's Wedding Band x 2 because there is no need for massive mana with this build so get the +2 skills from the rings and take advantage of their life bonus instead.

And thats that. There is your setup.

tatersalad589

Member!
Reaction score
u really think a blizz sorc can take out a hammer? well if u play on east ladder soft bring ur blizz sorc to my hammer i will stand in ur blizz and laugh

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
Hey i like Math, the math is with Smiter as well, if u do the math a smiter or a blizzer is smart, but realistically it might not be, so yeah ~_~

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
thos are a hella of runes to make last wish

any way, i ratehr be able to keep on attacking then running around

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
raziel, what would ur defense and dmg be after putting the skill points and using those equip?
and what kind of hr is last wish worth?
im afraid i cant get such a good item T_T

tatersalad589

Member!
Reaction score
for a blizz sorc use....
Nightwings Helm
Hoto
COh or blizz ormus
spirit monarch sheild
treks
frostys
2 sojs
arach belt
3 cold/ 10fcr ammy

i think that covers it all

RazieL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgforums.com
If you can't afford Last Wish then do the first equipment setup I listed with the Crescent Moon Phase Blade.

As far as defense goes you should get about 26k Defense.

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
from what exactly, thats alot of defense. and also, max CB is 95% no matter how much you have otherwise.jst like max resist is 95%...etc.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
can u tell me what Crescent Moon Phase Blade is worth?
like what rune?
btw does increasin the strength increase the dmg for smite?
it would be cool if some1 can tell me how much point to put on vit dex mana and str. ^^

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Only enough for the equiptment (in str. and dex.), maybe 150 into energy, and the rest into vit. even better, use some charms if you have space for requirments and add more to energy and vit.