Help me with BLIZZ SORC

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
k i've been searching through the internet and couldnt finnd a site that showed a builde and equipment guide towards a blizzard sorc.
can somone help with this build guide. I dont want this sorc to have that much mfing because ill be using to kill Dc. But at the same time i do want some mf because i might go mfing with it ^^
a link to another web would be good also.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
well for mfing...

perf topaz'd shako and skullders... and isted occy i suppose, gold wrap, chance guards, war travelers, and nagel rings or u could use the 3 item tals set combination whichever works for you, then use rhyme or splendor for the shield. same build as always unless I am a newb now.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
well im not going towards to mf sorc that much.
like i said im building blizz sorc for dc killing

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i dont think a sorc will work for him

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
seymorebutts said:
blizz pwns dc with coldmastery and all that
no it doesnt.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
ok so if u dont think blizz sorc is the best for dc killing, whats the best type of sorc?
btw, blizz sorc kills dc nicely. if cold mastery maxd

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
seymorebutts said:
ok so if u dont think blizz sorc is the best for dc killing, whats the best type of sorc?
btw, blizz sorc kills dc nicely. if cold mastery maxd
Sorry, Hammerdin is just better.

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
Blizz sorc can take out hammerdins, thats the fact. blizz yourself a few times and let hammerdins teleport onto you.

Duel Gear:
Helm: Nightwing's Viel w/ a 5/5 die cold facet (perf is 15% +5 so 20% is top.)
Ammy: 3 to cold skills, 10 FCR
Armor: 15 Cold ormus skill=blizz w/ a 5/5 die cold facet (20% here)
Weapon: Death's Fathom w/ a 5/5 die facet (perf is 30% then add a 5 so 35% is top.)
Ring: SOJ
Boots: I would use Infernostrides for their 10 to max fire resistance
Belt: Snowclash
Shield: 35% spirit
Gloves: magefists for their faster cast or frostburns for their additional mana

Damage:6536-6810
Add the 75% from facets and your final damage is:
11438-11918
And Cold Mastery is lvl 32, so that peirces their cold resistance for 180

MF gear:
Helm: Shako with a ptopaz
Armor: eth skullder with a ptopaz
Weapon: Isted occy
Ring: Perf nagel
Ring: Perf nagel
Boots: war travs
Belt: Snowclash
Gloves: perf chancies

MF: 329 +1.25*clvl with skullders
Damage:5727-5988
And Cold Mastery is lvl 29, so that peirces their cold resistance for 160

Stat Points:
Str:156 W/ charms
Dexterity:Enough to max blocking in hell
Vitality: Whatever's left
Energy: I would go about 100-150 (Enough so you dont run out of mana when you use Super Mana Potions)

NtRik_ said:
Sorry, Hammerdin is just better.
And it's only better when the hammerdin isn't dumb and teleports into your 3 consecutive blizzards.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
i know hammerdin owns him too cause i have onne. but i wana try out blizz sorc

Blizz sorc can take out hammerdins, thats the fact. blizz yourself a few times and let hammerdins teleport onto you.

Helm: Nightwing's Viel w/ a 5/5 die cold facet (perf is 15% +5 so 20% is top.)
Armor: 15 Cold ormus skill=blizz w/ a 5/5 die cold facet (20% here)
Weapon: Death's Fathom w/ a 5/5 die facet (perf is 30% then add a 5 so 35% is top.)
Boots: I would use Infernostrides for their 10 to max fire resistance
Belt: Arachnids
Gloves: magefists for their faster cast or frostburns for their additional mana

Damage:6040-6300
Add the 75% from facets and your final damage is:
10570-11025
And Cold Mastery is lvl 33, so that peirces their cold resistance for 180

Stat Points:
Str:156 W/ charms
Dexterity:Enough to max blocking in hell
Vitality: Whatever's left
Energy: I would go about 100-150 (Enough so you dont run out of mana when you use Super Mana Potions)
thx. can u also post wjat skills to put on?
thx

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
sorry that i forgot about the skills:

Lightning Tree

Telekenisis: 1 (pre-req)
Teleport: 1

Ice Tree:
Ice Bolt: 20
Ice Blast: 20
Glacial Spike: 20
Frost Nova: 1 (pre-req)
Blizzard: 20
Cold Mastry: 20

first get the teleport and telekenisis, then max blizzard as ur first skill, blizzard must be maxed ASAP. then cold Mastry and or the synergies.

u finish this build at lvl 94 when u place ur last skill

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I think, not sure on this, but Dclone has tons of cold resistance, and even though a sorceress has cold mastery, it still isn't able to make a effective difference. Hammerdins are magic damage, which Dclone has 0 or low resistance to, right? In any case, Hammerdins can do damage faster then Blizzard Sorcs can I think.

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
ohhhhh, i though dc meant dueling charecter, for dclone its hammerdin all the way, but a cold sorc can do some damage, uber d has a 95 cold resistance, with cold mastery its -75 or so, so it does nice damage with 11k, plus u can easily change it to a MF sorc at any time, while a hammerdin cant really do great mfing. hammerdin is pretty equipment locked, while a sorceress can have nice MF and nice damage. or just high damage or just high MF. a high hammerdin can do 11k to uber D each hit, repetativly, while a sorc's blizzard hits 2 times per blizzard on average, but since uber D is larger it might hit more. so with 11k each hit, and his with his life at 642700, its 22k per blizz, so a total of 30 blizzards at top, while it would take a 11k hammerdin (11k is normal, if u wanna get technical ill also do 15k hammer) 60 hammers/44 hammers. which is still a lot more then a blizzer, and there is still a 10% chill effectiveness, so he does slow down for that second makeing it easier to hit him, so if u keep your distance with a blizzer, his life would drop a lot faster

PS: ubder d (aka dclone) has a magic resistance of 50, so double the number of hammers it would take!!

PS: PS: i found all my info at:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-uberdiablo.shtml

and i managed to get the skill data from:
http://www.d2items.com/skills.php

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
ya but hammerdins spit out hammers way faster, more dmg, and usually has better life and defense.

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
does better life and defence mean anything if you teleport away faster then he can hit you? and u spit out 2 hammers for each 1 blizzard, some blizzards hit 3 times, and then still do the math, with the -75 resistances, its about 13k blizzard, yeah, do the math kids, blizzer is more damage, considering that each 2 hammers is 11k, and each blizzzard is 11k and he has -75 resistances, then i gotfor the facets, ur doing 75 for facets, so its -150 his resistances

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
LOL did you just say you want to do MF runs on dclone? And with a SORC? lol what do you think dclone is going to drop, tyraels?

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
LOL. but actually, a half decent hammerdin would do at least 10k per hammer. and if you set up fields, the sorc will just tele in to em. also, unless the sorc has amzing FCR, she will cast maybe 1 blizz per 5 hammers.

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
lets look at the gear and the FCR it gives shall we?

wepon: 20
armor: 20
helm: 0
belt: 20
gloves: 0/20 depending on choice
shield: 35
ammy: 10
Total:125
and BTW it doesn't matter 2 much for FCR since there is the delay, so u get about 3 hammers for 1 blizz, 15k in hammers or 22k in blizz and slow him down.

EDIT: I almost forgot, its 11k then u gotta add the cold mastery and the facets, so dclones resistance fto ice is -150 if ur gear is perf and cold mastery is maxed,, so that 11k blizzard is at least 22k, if resistances can go past -100% then the blizzard damage is about 27k, and each blizzard hits 2-3 times, so thats 54k, thats about 12 blizzards to kill dclone. while it takes over 100 hammers since uber D's magic resistance is 50. so it takes a lot. yeah, u ned 2 do tha math

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
how long do u guys it would take to kill a DC with a blizz sorc(using cold masterty)