Help me practice

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
All right. I suck at StarCraft. I maen I really really suck at this game. I use all the hotkeys, I know a ton of build orders, and I have a bunch of maps memorized. The problem is that I am crap at utilizing everything I know. My macro is very poor and when I panic my micro goes to hell.

I need some practice partners to play against. I'm a Terran player, I don't mind what species you play. The problem is that I just get owned by most people on-line and I need someone who can go a bit easier on me so I can get a better grasp of handling situations and managing my forces and production buildings.

Anyone who feels up to it, post here or PM me or something. I'll play on whatever server you want if I can connect, my current screen-names are listed below.

Evil_Phlegm @US East
Lord.of.Nukes @BnetX

If anyone can help me I would be most appreciative.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Not that I can elp, but you are VERy knowledgeable on everything SC it seems. I figured you to be good at it as far as ladder/melee gameplay goes. I suggest you play with people like J'kar or anyone else that still plays. Unfortulately, I bet I suck more then you do, so I'm of no help. :(

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
It's really annoying. I've been practicing melee for two years and I still lose more than 90% of the time. During that time, I also learned what pretty much every file in the StarCraft.mpqs does and how to modify it alongside watching and downloading over 400 replays. T_T

What's J'kar's screen-name for StarCraft? It's worth me adding as many people as I can to my friends' list for practice partners.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
ill try to play. but warn u all i can do is make forts

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
I never would have imagined you to have trouble in Starcraft, since my hitherto experiences have shown you to have such sagely wisdom with it: "Here, use this combination of switches and triggers to make Starcraft randomly generate marines at the specified locations and then brew you piping hot Columbian coffee. And then use these switches to determine the color of the mug it arrives in."

I need to get back in practice, too, so I'd be willing to play you. I'm usually on the name ThingInTheCoat@US East, because I lack the originality to make different names.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I think he means he turtles. :(
fort wang sahll rise agin :O
then tronga burns it down :(

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I'd play with you, but I'm guessing you play real map. I'm the money map type of player. It might seem cheap but since all plays have the same starting position in the game its fair. That and have you ever seen a good Protoss play turtle while MCing a Zerg drone? It CANNOT be beaten. :D

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Yeah, I don't play money maps anymore. Right now I'm playing the PGT maps so I can memorize them all. Chameleon is a sexy map.

I'll add you to my friends' list, ThingInTheCoat.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ill play you in bnetx, add Ntrik on there or something...

and I keep forgetting about our game lol

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Ok, I'll add you when I can get on. Some twat keeps downloading crap to the C Drive and StarCraft doesn't want to run when there's only 8MB left on the drive. I wish people in my household wouldn't download rubbish they aren't going to use. -___-

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Some stupid **** has screwed everything up on the computer so I can't play Bnet-X. -_____- I can still play on battle.net though, this makes absolutely no sense.

Edit: Bloody hell, someone has stolen my BW disc. I'll be playing with a crack again. >_<
Edit: Found it. Someone put it in the CD Burner.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'd be glad to play you sir. I only recently got my own copy as well, and I would also like some friendly competition. I play on USEast, and my handle is JakkarBF. Any time you see me as online and not in a game, by all means whisper to me and say what's up. I love to play the game, and anybody who's willing to be a good-natured, noncutthroat partner in some practice would be considered a precious commodity.

I prefer to play on the Fastest Map Possible Green, but I could probably be pursuaded to do a Challenger match with you. Drop me a line sometime, my AIM is the same as my Battle.net account: JakkarBF.