Help me practice

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
All right, cool. Challenger's an ok map, I'm willing to play it with you.

Edit: I can go onto Bnet-X again, but I couldn't add you, Ntrik. It said that account name didn't exist.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Lets set up a time or date when we can get on and play. Whens good for you guys? :)

Lets set up a time or date when we can get on and play. Whens good for you guys? :)

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
These PGT maps you speak of are intriguing. Does anyone know where they can be found? Google is being a filthy rascal.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'll be free tomorrow night. Just about as late as I want, if I don't suddenly get myself grounded or something.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Sorry, I haven't been able to get on all day which I did not expect. I guess I'll IM you right now Darkmatter. Anyone sees that this has been posted less than an hour before you read it, I'm probably on.

Edit: Just played with ThingInTheCoat, I beat him. :D However, I am never again going to try to macro when I'm facing activiely engaging Lurkers. T_T

OMG my APM keeps going down. -_-;

Edit 2: I found the map, ThingInTheCoat. Peaks of Baekdu is the really weird map that's very difficult for Protoss and Zerg to play on.

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
However, I am never again going to try to macro when I'm facing activiely engaging Lurkers. T_T
Yeah, nothing pimpslaps the unprepared M&Ms better than a few strategically-placed lurkers. Ultimately losing three dozen marines and a dozen and a half medics and killing only two of three lurkers has got to be painful. Peeps be gettin' deep-sixed, yo.

And still I lost. You're not the only one who needs some practice.
Darn those darned ol' money-maps and their skill-atrophy . . .

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
When I went back to check on them, I saw them dying and thought "s***, I could have sworn there were only 3 or 4 Lurkers. Next time I'm also goinjg to brign my urkers around instead of marching them in that line. T_T

I was really sad to find that 7 out of 8 or 9 Medics survived, but all my Marines had been crucifiied.

ThingInTheCoat, what were your resources like in the end? I was truggling with resources untill the last 4 minutes. I ended the game with 6k unused minerals in the bank. >_<

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
It was my resources that lost me the match. I was struggling with resources in the beginning, too, but in the end I only had 2k in reserve because I only had one drone on each mineral patch, and I would have been cleaned out if I had had time to go guardians. Been a while since I played non-fastest and I forgot to have two drones per patch. If I had, I could have gotten guardians in time or carried out an apocalyptic drop in your undefended base. But alas, you beat me to the punch . . .

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I'm sure I could have brought my Marines back in time if you tried to drop. :p Just not sure whether I could have staved off a Guardian push before I got a sufficient amount of Vessels/Wraiths.

Actually, I have a good replay of me getting raped by Mutalisk and Guardian harrassment. I ended up losing because I couldn't kill off his Mutalisks and he morphed them into Guardians as quickly as he could. -_-

and I forgot to have two drones per patch.
That used to happen to me. To stop that from being a problem I would keep making SCVs in my main base until I set up an expansion. Then I copntinually make them there until I make another expansion. By that time I have a sufficent amount to transfer to new bases. I do tend to eat up my supply with SCVs though. >_<

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
I can play now, but N_LeGenD) would have to go onto Battle.net. I can't play PGT now for some reason.
thats probly becuase you didnt start your game with penguin plugin (aka start the game from bnetx bw-launcher.exe!)

well.. havent been able to play sc lately, school owns

o and can you [ryan] msg me on msn if you want to play sc? or when you guys are playing... dont know if I can play any time soon though (up to the end of the may.. i may be busy)

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I'm pretty sure I did. It said my computer was too laggy and I could speak in channels but not play a game, so I didn't bother. Anyways, it works now so I'm happy. ^^