Gta 4

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
would buy it if someone bought me an xBox or a ps2, im poor right now. looks good though, friends have it i played it a bit. will have to catch up with it later..

off topic but anyone ever played any of the Postal games? bit old now, but they were awesome.. go check one out, im sure theres a torrent out there somewhere, search for Postal 2 on isohunt.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
postal is stupid.... sure its violent but... its still stupid.

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying GTAIV. The storyline is actually keeping my attention, where as in San Andreas. I got bored and just ran around killing people.

A+

It's the exact opposite for me. I can't seem to do two missions in a row without spending an hour or so running around causing chaos. The story is just so boring at the begning.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's the exact opposite for me. I can't seem to do two missions in a row without spending an hour or so running around causing chaos. The story is just so boring at the begning.
Agreed. It takes to long to get into the game.

Going through a second time is so damn boring i go on killing sprees between every mission. Doesn't help all the first missions are "drive here, then drive there". They pulled the same **** in earlier GTas, and no one finds driving people around fun.

Reaction score
Agreed. It takes to long to get into the game.

Going through a second time is so damn boring i go on killing sprees between every mission. Doesn't help all the first missions are "drive here, then drive there". They pulled the same **** in earlier GTas, and no one finds driving people around fun.
Expecially with how bad the driving controls are, and the minute you hit anything they start to flip out.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Driviing isn't much of a problem, GTA games have never been the best driving sims, but I have a small problem with the turning controls and the inability to drift properly.

Sometimes driving feels like coordinating an elephant on a unicycle or maybe I just don't know how to do it in GTAIV.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i died in the first 20minutes of the game because of the driving. You try to round a corner and get stuck and it takes forever just to turn around.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i died in the first 20minutes of the game because of the driving. You try to round a corner and get stuck and it takes forever just to turn around.
On one mission chasing someone down I couldn't turn properly fast enough and flew off the bridge and had to swim/run for 10 minutes to get back onto the street.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i ran someone over and he got back up

also, did u notice cops are really tough to kill? can you do melee combos?

and then the computer is perfect at driving

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
if you haven't noticed yet, the driving varies from car to car...some are ideal for e-brake drifting, others are better for regular breaking

it isn't like the other gta's in that you can take a corner full speed.... you really need to learn how to utilize the breaks properly in this GTA or else your gonna hate driving, short of giving you the button combos for each car, i find that hitting both brakes simultaneously a good distance before the corner is even up to slow down and get better control, once you get at the turn let off the brake, but stay on the e-break BUT only for a second - this will slow you down enough to get a good turn while keeping good enough speed to complete a drift turn

it definitely takes a bit to get down but if you cant get it then its equally fun to slam into a pedestrian standing at a corner and watch their body fly

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I like cars don't inexpliably blow up for hitting the sidewalk, or some small amount of damage like in san Andreas, where every car was equipped with a bomb.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
as usual pan doesnt know what hes talking about oh well so far this game is damn awesome im like the washington sniper i go on huge builders and snipe from them

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
On one mission chasing someone down I couldn't turn properly fast enough and flew off the bridge and had to swim/run for 10 minutes to get back onto the street.
Samesies, I just got a lambo and was flying across the bridge, and the stupid traffic merged into each other, and I crashed, flew through the windshield and into the water...I lost the Lambo :(

Driving, once you get the hang of it is nice, I kind of like how the game requires you to learn how to do everything...using the shooting controls while driving I am still trying to learn better.

As far as friends special abililties, how many are there? I haven't done to much, but how many chicks are there available to date? I have the lawyer and the nurse, and I am curious as to if there are anymore. Oh well, Let's Go Exploring.