Good Human Strategies?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I looked in the Stickies but to no avail. Can anyone recommend me a good up to date human strategy? I'm willing to try most anything, as I'm just messing around and experiemnting. ^_^

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
if im hu i would go the following,

against orc: foots / sorc
against hu: breakers / priests
against ne or ud: rifle / priest / sorc

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Aternyth said:
against orc: foots / sorc
The last fools who did that to me ended up a face full of pulverize and nets. Spirit Walkers make sorceresses useless. Because thier 220 poly is dispelled with a 100 disenchant.

A good strategy is often to start with archmage. Then flood out footmen like crazy for your rush while during and after your archmage is created. If you are lucky enough, you can stop them from getting casters and t2 units long enough for you to get what you need to defeat them.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, that strategy is effective against orcs. Since defend can help you destroy burrows with minimal damage to your footman. But there are variables, for instance: Blademaster, number of grunts/burrows/peons he has when you rush, if he is teching or not. etc.

There are many strategies DM, its just there are too many things that can alter it working for you or against you.

aphextwin

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
The last fools who did that to me ended up a face full of pulverize and nets. Spirit Walkers make sorceresses useless. Because thier 220 poly is dispelled with a 100 disenchant.
sorc can cast slow 4 times while spirit casts 3 disenchants, HMMMMMMMMM

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes, but most people try to blow the 220 for the polymorph. Which is not really that effective, considering this isn't RoC where Poly was a very powerful de-buff.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or do what I do, switch between all the races or random, then get random icons or have like 8 icons and have a hard time which one you want to keep on your profile.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
aphextwin said:
if he gets spirit walkers the sorc becomes useless.

Darkmatter said:
Bleh. I figured there was some prime strategy for each race, I guess I'll mess around and see...
When playing, human, always use priests, because they can make the difference.
Against the orc use sorcerres, but not more than 2 or 3, brilliance will sustain them, make priests.
Also if u get sorc practiccaly u oblidge him to get dischenant and if he does that just don't use sorc anymore, u have damaged his gold supply because you made him to get adept training and spirit walkers that, beside the dispelling are almost useless and pretty expensive and time consuming.

I say this because of the following reason:
I have noticed (and other people too) that the orc race it could be one of the best races, but it has a huge shortcoming: his expansion. Getting another great hall takes forever. So you use this,in your advantage, and always scout the mines. Remember, any deviation from his strategy, costs him money (money that he doesn't have, because 5 peons will never build a hall).
Don't worry about pillage, how much money can he get from a buiding or a tower that he can get down from your buidings.
Use this in your advantage, because this is a big poblem for orc.

Also, against the orc, very effective is magic attack, because they have many key units that gets hurt by this.
A common orc strategy is tauren with bloodlust, when u see this use breakers (3 are enough to provide for u a decent number of own units bloodlusted) in your army.

In my opinion in Warcraft there are only 2 powerfull races, and those are HM and UD.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
aphextwin said:
foot & sorc vs. orc? are you serious? I hope not... even if taurens are slowed, footmen can do nothing vs. them with their little sword sticks.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also, the slow is dispelled more than the sorcs can slow/poly. You would just be wasting your mana supply for units with a way bigger mana supply to destroy the debuffs (6 dispels is quite alot, usually you will have more than 1).

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
By the time he HAS tauren, you should be getting gryphons. You can even make aviaries at tier 2!

I'd get priests over breakers anyday. Priests can cast dispell more times, it's AoE, does damage to wolves, can also HEAL AND they cost less to make than a breaker, let alone build faster. Breakers also receive bonus damage from grunts, which Orcs will nearly always use.

If orc is going beastiary, go rifles. If orc is going spirit lodge, get rifles with priests. If you see many grunts or tauren, get gryphons.

Best units vs. orc:

Rifles
Gryphons
Sorcs

Rifles aren't good tier 1, but they do bonus damage to all spirit lodge units, kodo beasts AND take only 50% damage from raiders. They also do 200% to wyverns or bats. That means they counter anything orc has tier 2.

The other part of the equation is grunts and maybe even taurens. Gryphons do 200% bonus against these units and are fairly easy to make, since you can drop aviaries at tier 2. You should watch out for bats, but rifles will do 200% to bats.

Sorcs are there to slow the enemies down and keep your dying units alive with invisibility. I wouldn't use polymorph, except on tauren, kodo beasts, wyverns or bats.

aphextwin

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yes, but most people try to blow the 220 for the polymorph. Which is not really that effective, considering this isn't RoC where Poly was a very powerful de-buff.
when did i say poly :\

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Thanks guys! I'm almost ready to start playing human opponets now. (I'm really slow on this, I need confidence to do that first battle after that I can keep playing, and wins/losses don't matter to me as much as they do.) so basically, I thank you guys for telling me viable strategies. :)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
no they dont =/ slow > orc all the time.

just go footies with casters then switch to knights i guess against orcs.

and against NE, just tower rush them, theres no way NE can counter that.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ntrik_ said:
no they dont =/ slow > orc all the time
Challenge me in FFA and we will see how much this slow > orc can REALLY get.