Gods Existence...real or not.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
B)ushid(o, you need to unerstand that using only 10% of your brain doesn't mean that you don't need the other 90% of it. The brain has the well needed nercous connections that control the body. The fact that many people have lived from head-shot wounds shows that the entire use of the brian is immpossible.
I'm guessing many of the survivors had the skull on their side.

While god like powers is a stupid notion, in saying you use 10% of your brain doesn't mean 90% isn't used. IT is subconcious. What is being said is we are not in control of, nor know how to control 90% of our brains.
Intense thinking uses a large part of the brain. Actually, doing anything would require a lot more than 10% of the brain. Breathing, smelling, motor skills, memory, taste, regulating the actions of the human body, etc.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Intense thinking uses a large part of the brain. Actually, doing anything would require a lot more than 10% of the brain. Breathing, smelling, motor skills, memory, taste, regulating the actions of the human body, etc.
i believe he was trying to say it IS used, but indirectly, but the Madula or however you spell it, it maintains the bodys funcitons such as breathing

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99050.htm

yet another site to prove my point SOD

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Zerglite, that niether approves nor disproves my point.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
B)ushid(o said:
pretty much everyhting u mentioned is a subconscious action.

Remember people often have problems multitasking, doing several things at once becuase the brain isn't functioning at a high enough level to recieve all forms of information. that is why distractions can occur. Studies show when you play music and read, you can only focus on one task, and you can only recieve 1/3 of either of the two regardless. This is all becuase we are inable to use the entire 1400 gram brain. The brain is far to busy breathing (subconcious) and regulating all the organs, and trying to recieve all information from the nerve receptors in the body. That is done at a subconcious level, the 90% of the brain you don't focus on, thus you arn't using to do the tasks you wish to do.

Zerglite

Reaction score
yea i just was about to edit and delete it... u read it too soon :)

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Pan said:
pretty much everyhting u mentioned is a subconscious action.

Remember people often have problems multitasking, doing several things at once becuase the brain isn't functioning at a high enough level to recieve all forms of information. that is why distractions can occur. Studies show when you play music and read, you can only focus on one task, and you can only recieve 1/3 of either of the two regardless. This is all becuase we are inable to use the entire 1400 gram brain. The brain is far to busy breathing (subconcious) and regulating all the organs, and trying to recieve all information from the nerve receptors in the body. That is done at a subconcious level, the 90% of the brain you don't focus on, thus you arn't using to do the tasks you wish to do.
Even working passively, the part of the brain is still working alongside the parts of your brain dedicated to active tasks. Altogether, a vast majority of the brain is functioning at the same time. Some actions may be unecessary at a given time so that part of the brain remains relatively dormant, but what I was trying to say was that we don't use only 10% of the brain, but a vast majority of it at most times.

Granted, we cannot control every action of or brain, but there wouldn't be a use for doing so. Regulating liver processes isn't on my to-do list. If the brain is working passively, there is a good reason for it.

Typing this up required a lot of actions to be done at the same time. Memory, dexterity, spell-checking, thinking, motor skills, and, since I'm eating, chewing my dinner at the same time, while doing this, I'm also planning further into the night (when I should begin my HW, etc.). All of these actions require much more than just 10% of the brain.

Zerglite

Reaction score
B)ushid(o said:
Even working passively, the part of the brain is still working alongside the parts of your brain dedicated to active tasks. Altogether, a vast majority of the brain is functioning at the same time. Some actions may be unecessary at a given time so that part of the brain remains relatively dormant, but what I was trying to say was that we don't use only 10% of the brain, but a vast majority of it at most times.

Granted, we cannot control every action of or brain, but there wouldn't be a use for doing so. Regulating liver processes isn't on my to-do list. If the brain is working passively, there is a good reason for it.

Typing this up required a lot of actions to be done at the same time. Memory, dexterity, spell-checking, thinking, motor skills, and, since I'm eating, chewing my dinner at the same time, while doing this, I'm also planning further into the night (when I should begin my HW, etc.). All of these actions require much more than just 10% of the brain.

tell me just how you plan to measure the % of brain usage

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
yet another site to prove my point SOD
It proves that a portion of the human brain is being used at all times, not all. Therefore it also doesn't disprove my point.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
B)ushid(o said:
which is all subconscious, which is not called upon by you, instead performing a preset function you won't always control. therefore you are not using your brain to the degree in which you would think you would. which is my point, stop answering me like Im saying something else.

Typing this up required a lot of actions to be done at the same time. Memory, dexterity, spell-checking, thinking, motor skills, and, since I'm eating, chewing my dinner at the same time, while doing this, I'm also planning further into the night (when I should begin my HW, etc.). All of these actions require much more than just 10% of the brain.[/QUOTE]

Especialy since 1/2 of everyhting you said was the same thing. motor skills and chewing are considered the same thing. Memory and spellchecking are generaly the same thing, and Memory isn't a function, drawing on memory is a function. Thinking and spellchecking are in the same categoy, thinking is a broader term. Dexterity is just the quickness in which actions are performed, not how much more or less is being used.

And to proove what I was saying, mans functions, motor, visual, audio etc. functions make up about 10% of the Cerebellum

Zerglite

Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
It proves that a portion of the human brain is being used at all times, not all. Therefore it also doesn't disprove my point.
it proves that not 10% of the brain is used ... * that makes no sense *

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
I'll agree on that, but it doesn't disprove my point that 90% of the brain isn't used at will. The Cererbum, Cerecellum, and Madulla are only maximum of 15% of the brain.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Pan said:
which is all subconscious, which is not called upon by you, instead performing a preset function you won't always control. therefore you are not using your brain to the degree in which you would think you would. which is my point, stop answering me like Im saying something else.
Although it is abiding by a preset function, it doesn't mean the part remains dormant. It is still in use. Interest received on a bank account is passively made, but it still adds to the overall total, does it not? Same reasoning. Although it is not directly controlled, it is still in use.

Especialy since 1/2 of everyhting you said was the same thing. motor skills and chewing are considered the same thing. Memory and spellchecking are generaly the same thing, and Memory isn't a function, drawing on memory is a function. Thinking and spellchecking are in the same categoy, thinking is a broader term. Dexterity is just the quickness in which actions are performed, not how much more or less is being used.

And to proove what I was saying, mans functions, motor, visual, audio etc. functions make up about 10% of the Cerebellum
Fine, wrong words chosen.

The fingers still need to be voluntarily moved. Thinking is required. Drawing upon memory is still necessary. During that, there's also auditory perception, perception of smells, etc. The cerebellum may control much of the motor skills, but the frontal is necessary for planning, and some speech, the temporal is necessary for recognition of memory and sounds, and parietal is needed for perception related to touch, the midbrain controls some motor skills.

Zerglite said:
tell me just how you plan to measure the % of brain usage
Lacking any sophisticated equipment, I just infer from what each area of the brain is for.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
Man, for a Christian that believes so much in "God" you know absolutely nothing. You believe that you are a simple mortal with nothing more then the belief in "God" to bring to to immortality, which in fact may not help you in the long run.
May not help me? How could it NOT help me?

SoD-GoD said:
The ability to move atoms is a simple force of will, not just a philosophical belief. One with the great knowledge to be able to will himself/herself into that ability has more brain-use then the smartest scientist of the wordl.
So if i REALLY wanted to rule the world, i could do it because of my will? By your logic i reckon i could.

SoD-GoD said:
If "God" truly wanted His offpring to return to him, why would he wish for us to worship him through a book so screwed up that no religion has the true records? You need to think about the things that you say.
Just because we don't have the *original* manuscripts doesn't mean it's all a bunch of crap.

SoD-GoD said:
My Philosophies are more then anything you have even tried to comprehend in all your years(I'm assuming) in your research of only Christianity. You really should try something new instead of bashing at other peoples more knowedgable truthes that you have not even seen.
I think you need to wake up and smell the ****ing roses because you are pulling out all this philosophical shit that only you agree with.

You really should try something normal instead of creating all these crazy thoughts just because they are unique and different. And let me tell you, i'm sure you haven't seen any these *knowledgeable truthes* that you so highly speak of.

Gummy_Demonz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SoD-GoD said:
I'll agree on that, but it doesn't disprove my point that 90% of the brain isn't used at will. The Cererbum, Cerecellum, and Madulla are only maximum of 15% of the brain.
Well i believe you just contradicted your self there buddy. 90 + 15 = 105.
So what youare saying, including your previousstatements, is that I, since my Madulla, Cerecellum, AND Cerebrum are working at the same time, i can move atoms. Maybe i can move some atoms of plastic to build a calculator.

Secondly, you keep saying that we are thinking from a Christian point of view. Of course we are, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that we are talking about the Capital G.O.D. one who is in ONLY the Christian, Islamic, and Judaistic faith. Your mentioning of hinduism and whatnot totaly does not tie into this conversation and it is best that since you have (Assume) no experience in the knowledge of the Christian faith or else you wouldn't be disagreeing with me, then you shouldn't be contributing in this debate.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
ok Gummy, I should have placed commas, what was to be taken from your quited material was: 90% of the brain is not used by us at will, but a maximum of 15% is used at will. Therefore contributing that human beings cannot use 90% of their brain at will.

You really should think about things before you place assumptions. I was raised a Saint, Mormon to thoughs that need some review, and have been taught all that you have been taught, and more. The LDS Church emphesises the Bible with the Book of Mormon, a second testiment of christ. I have been part in many of the christ-like activities throughout my life, and I've only seen pain for everyone that has attempted to look for the truthes in worshipping "God" and paying tithes to him. You really should think about why I made this thread Gummy, and look at why I made it. I meerly wish to see how much of a discussion I can get out of it.

Renzokuken, you need to "judge not lest ye be judged" you hypocrite. Your meer worshiping "God" isn't going to save a sinner that wishes to have your views accepted by all. Look to your "God" for forgiveness, then come back and make your point in a way that wont send your eternal soul to hell.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
Renzokuken, you need to "judge not lest ye be judged" you hypocrite. Your meer worshiping "God" isn't going to save a sinner that wishes to have your views accepted by all. Look to your "God" for forgiveness, then come back and make your point in a way that wont send your eternal soul to hell.
Hahahaha, just because i'm a Christian doesn't mean i'm perfect. I sin all the time, everyone of us do.

Jesus saved us, by dying on the Cross for our sins. And the only thing that is gonna send me to hell is me rejecting God over and over again throughout the whole of my life, i haven't done that, i have accepted God into my life and i really want him to be a big part of my life.

Btw, it IS possible to have a wasted life but a saved soul.

Maybe YOU should read up on Christianity before saying i'm going to hell because i'm insulting someone online :rolleyes

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Insulting someone online doesn't mean jack. Jesus didn't die on the cross for our sins you dip, he bleed in the Garden of Geseminy for our sins. The reason that you take comune(assuming that you do) is to take the blood that he bled from every pore of his body. YOU should read up on your facts before you hypocritical speech into your pointless posts.

Aslo you realy should read entire posts before you make a absolutely assinign post.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
Insulting someone online doesn't mean jack. Jesus didn't die on the cross for our sins you dip, he bleed in the Garden of Geseminy for our sins.
He bled in Gethseminy because he took on the sins of the world and manifested itself in his bleeding. And he continued the redemptive suffering on the Cross.

Romans 8:3
The law of Moses could not save us, because of our sinful nature. But God put into effect a different plan to save us. He sent his own Son in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful. God destroyed sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

GG.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Romans 8:3
But God put into effect a different plan to save us. He sent his own Son in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful. God destroyed sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
That's a shitty plan. God is kinda dumb.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Renzokuken, jesus gave up his life on the cross you moron, his took the sins of the world in Gethsemane

The sacrifice of "God" was simply to have Jesus take on the sins of the world, and that was the bleeding sacrifice. Jesus's death on the cross was nothing, and that verse says nothing of the full sacrifice, so LEARN TO READ. That verse only says that Christ was sent to earth in the body and flesh of a sinner, not that he was sent for sacrifice.

You need to learn which verses to prove your point to read Renzokuken.
Take a look atMatthew 26:36-46, Mark 14 32-42, and Luke 22 40-46

Those verses are all of the attonement of Christ in Gethsemane.

Look before you leap smartone.