Gay Marriage: Pros & Cons

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jackalopes
well what I was trying to say was that im not against homosexuality, mabey I dont agree with what they are doing, but I dont absolutely hate them like a lot of people here. you can not HATE gays and be against them bieng married.
So just because you don't exactly like what gays do, you think that they shouldn't be able to get married? Just because you don't like their preference?

How lovely...

This is basically the reason for almost everyone against gay marriage. Very sad.

Either that, or "god" doesn't like it....which is irrelevant as I said above.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think what he was saying is that it's possible to feel no hatred towards gays, but still be against gay marriages. (The wording was confusing, but that's how I interpreted it.
I know that but people who hate them are most likely against the marriage part aswell. I wasn't saying all people against gay marriage hated gays.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
So just because you don't exactly like what gays do, you think that they shouldn't be able to get married? Just because you don't like their preference?

How lovely...

This is basically the reason for almost everyone against gay marriage. Very sad.

Either that, or "god" doesn't like it....which is irrelevant as I said above.
why is that such a horrible reason? explain your lame post.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Explain yours jackalopes. Usaully laws have to have a reason before they are passed. Obviously roach sees no reason for it except for the fact that some people think it is "wrong" and that isn't a good reason now, is it?

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Explain yours jackalopes. Usaully laws have to have a reason before they are passed. Obviously roach sees no reason for it except for the fact that some people think it is "wrong" and that isn't a good reason now, is it?
well many people think its just immoral (sp?) and think that in the laws there should be some ethics, and thats just my point of view.
Now, I see your argument and you bring up some good points orc but I just simply dont agree with them and you obvliously dont agree with mine but its fun to debate anyway.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
How is it immoral? Or against any ethics? Where do they count in law?
I dont know but a lot of people think that it is just wrong. and that the regular definition of marriage should stand.

you know they should really just sticky on of these dang marriage threads so people dont keep posting them!!! :eek: lol

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
I dont know but a lot of people think that it is just wrong. and that the regular definition of marriage should stand.
Just because people think it's wrong does mean it is wrong. You can't justify denying gays rights by saying "God thinks it's wrong." Times change and so do definitions. There have been many revisions of the definitions of different words, so I don't see a reason why the definition of "marriage" couldn't be changed as well.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
why is that such a horrible reason? explain your lame post.
Which reason?

The god reason, or the "I just don't like gays" reason?

I'll go over both.

Just because you don't like gays, doesn't mean you should try to hold them back from marriage. It's childish, and plain out stupid. How about if I decide that I just don't like you, or what you do? Should I have you banned for battleforums, simply because there's something about you that I don't like? Of course not. It's none of my business, and I have no right to try to change you, or stop you from posting here.

It's the exact same thing with gays. You think being "gay" is sick and wrong, so they shouldn't be able to get married? Just because you think it's wrong? Talk about trying to force your beliefs on someone else...

If anything is immoral, that is. Far beyond gay's getting married.

Secondly, the god issue. This is really is a horrible justification, for one simple reason. We have the right to choose our own religion, and worship our own god. We have the choice to totally deny any existance of god, or to totally believe in a god. Therefore, saying "god" thinks it's wrong, is no basis for making gay marriages illegal. Just because YOUR god is against gays, doesn't mean mine is...or maybe I believe there is no god at all.

Those reasons just don't work.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just because people think it's wrong does mean it is wrong. You can't justify denying gays rights by saying "God thinks it's wrong." Times change and so do definitions. There have been many revisions of the definitions of different words, so I don't see a reason why the definition of "marriage" couldn't be changed as well.
I couldn't of said it better myself ;). If I had a respect list you would be in it.
Should I have you banned for battleforums, simply because there's something about you that I don't like? Of course not. It's none of my business, and I have no right to try to change you, or stop you from posting here.
He might bring up that if lots of people complain you could actually have him banned so....
It's the exact same thing with gays. You think being "gay" is sick and wrong, so they shouldn't be able to get married? Just because you think it's wrong?
Yeah, and isn't a marriage a good thing? Isn't it bringing gays closer to hetrosexuals and a step foward to getting widely accepted.
This is really is a horrible justification
If jackalopes thinks that starting wars over religion and justifying them with religion is wrong then you shouldn't be arguing this now.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
Which reason?

The god reason, or the "I just don't like gays" reason?

I'll go over both.

Just because you don't like gays, doesn't mean you should try to hold them back from marriage. It's childish, and plain out stupid. How about if I decide that I just don't like you, or what you do? Should I have you banned for battleforums, simply because there's something about you that I don't like? Of course not. It's none of my business, and I have no right to try to change you, or stop you from posting here.

It's the exact same thing with gays. You think being "gay" is sick and wrong, so they shouldn't be able to get married? Just because you think it's wrong? Talk about trying to force your beliefs on someone else...

If anything is immoral, that is. Far beyond gay's getting married.

Secondly, the god issue. This is really is a horrible justification, for one simple reason. We have the right to choose our own religion, and worship our own god. We have the choice to totally deny any existance of god, or to totally believe in a god. Therefore, saying "god" thinks it's wrong, is no basis for making gay marriages illegal. Just because YOUR god is against gays, doesn't mean mine is...or maybe I believe there is no god at all.

Those reasons just don't work.
when did I ever try to force my beliefs on you? Why do you think I dont like gays??? and Im not using the "God thinks its wrong" excuse because many people here dont even belive in God.
I mean like rygon said at the beggining of this thread, whats next?

cxoli:
if people think its wrong then in there mind it is and if people think its not wrong then in thier minds it isnt. so baisically no one knows if its right or wrong its all a matter of opinion.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A loving relationship? More people might marry? Really is it a bad thing?
if people think its wrong then in there mind it is and if people think its not wrong then in thier minds it isnt. so baisically no one knows if its right or wrong its all a matter of opinion.
True but sometimes something can only be considered as good or bad. I.e. you give shelter to a crying baby out on the street in the rain; that cannot be interpretating as bad can it?

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
well many people think
Well many people think racism and segregation are correct and that anyone who isn't just like this is unexceptable.

The cool thing about civil rights is they are not about what the majority think, it is about rights of people.

Ellaborate please. What will two CONSENTING ADULTS bring about next?

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
This really isn't a matter of right and wrong. It's about allowing or denying people their rights. We claim everyone was created equal, therefore they should be treated fairly. The law says that homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else, so they should be entitled to those rights whether or not everyone else thinks it is "right" or "moral."

More families to adopt children? Loving relationships? Acceptance of others? Equality??? I'd say that's what's next. What do you forsee?

blueyesdragon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
is a gay couple getting "married, a civil union" or anything like that directly impacting your way of living? prbably not. who cares what they do it is their life. as long as it doesn't interfere with us what does it actually hurt. and yes technically it is discrimination.
it is called sexual discimination.

just my opinion
peace out

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
I dont know I just dont think its right because thats not what marriage is defined to be. In my opinion its something that shouldnt be redefined. And you guys obvuiously see it differently.

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
I dont know I just dont think its right because thats not what marriage is defined to be. In my opinion its something that shouldnt be redefined. And you guys obvuiously see it differently.
Didn't we already go over this?
How can you think its not right because of what it says in the dictionary? You are going to say a certain group of people should not be happy because the dictionary states what they are doing is "void"? You shouldn't limit yourself because of that. It's childish.

Doesn't the Constitution state that man has inalienable right that include the pursuit of happiness? Believe or not these people have a right to be happy also, and that is what they are pursuing by getting married. One could argue that it is unconstitutional not to let them get married, but I'm not going to sit here and do that, you should know that yourself by now.

So whats it gonna me jacklopes? You denying them their happiness because of what it says in the dictionary, or opening up your mind and accepting that what they are doing is not affecting you and allowing them to just be human beings and be happy?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no, he has a point on the marriage argument, if churches dont want to "marry" people they dont have to. the state should be able to "marry" two people by civil unions, which is not a marraige, so the churches cant bitch. give them civil unions so they get the same rights as married couples.

you dont have to change your "definition of marraige" and they dont have to be legally discriminated against.