Gay Marriage: Pros & Cons

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I type at a speed of 110 wpm without errors. I probably spend an hour a day posting at these forums. Also, whenever I join a new forum, I usually try to set up a basis for myself by posting more than usual.
Page 1 page 2 Page 3 page 4 PS: take a look at all the posts on the date: "04-04-2004" If you take a look at the times it will be clear that you spend much more than 1 hour. I was going to estimate the average amount of time it would take you to write each post then multiply it by the average amount of posts you make each day but this is more conclusive. The whole reason why I said this is because you spend plenty of tim on BF already so if you actually took some time from CC and the asylum maybe you could:
spend an hour responding to people's gripes with my "biased, unsupported assertions
Oh, and ORC, did you know that adding "Dolt," "Idiot," and other taunts makes a post more accurate? Were not in elementary school anymore.
You spend a lot of your time in the asylum :rolleyes.
The last post I made was in response to personal attacks on me made my ORC. None of those had to do with gay marriage, except for maybe that the stone age one was indirectly connected with it.
And what about me being sarcastic about you indirectly saying that marriage leads to worse things. You have said nothing about gays for your last 4 posts, at least I managed to get a least two comments about it in the post that you are questioning me on.

There will always be gays in the world, suck it up and face the fact that banning marriage will not get rid of gays but it would just make them even more angry. Marriage was surely there before Christianity, so they shouldn't get to decide merely because it is against their religion. Bush is a predigest idiot and he will not let homosexuals get their rights that they deserve. Homosexuals can be more loving than normal couples, if a child wants to be adopted by a homosexual couple then I see no problem with this. If homosexual couples could marry then like a normal wedding it would be safe to assume that they would like to spend lots of money on it. It would be helping the economy in a small way. This isn't the asylum or a place to debate about Rygons 'off-topic-ness' which could be regarded as spam.

Conclusion: No matter how much you regard homosexuality as a "bad" thing they will not go away by not giving them their rights. It is just 2 people who are in love and they want something to make it official, surely you cannot deny them that.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Would you get off my back? I dont resent gay marriages anymore, for God's sake. I can live with them.

EdiT: Hey, if you guys want, make a thread called "1001 Reasons Why I Hate Rygon."

1) He hates gay marriage, even if he said he's neutral on the subject!!11

2) He's addicted to BattleForums, OMfg nO onE ever gets addicted to Battle Forums!!!!!!!11

3) His name is Rygon!!!11

EdiT2: Would a moderator change the title to: "Gay Marraige: Pros & Cons / Rygon: Cons." Thanks.

Black Cat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Personally, the wedding vowls ect clearly staute that it is between Man and Wife, not man and man or wife and wife. Its not like ill loose sleep over gay marriages, its not my problem really but the wedding might have a problem with it!!

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rygon... please just try to post something actually related to the subject...
Personally, the wedding vowls ect clearly staute that it is between Man and Wife, not man and man or wife and wife. Its not like ill loose sleep over gay marriages, its not my problem really but the wedding might have a problem with it!!
1) We have already argued against this.
2) Change the vows, how can you use a definition to discriminate. I bet they had a weird definition for blacks aswell.
3) A wedding is a occasion. How can a occasion have something wrong with it?
4) If no one as anything new to say then just, DON'T POST!
5) If someone doesn't want to take part in the marriage they don't have to but I am sure they would be many people that would want to perform one.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
These threads are really getting old. They should just be locked with a link to all the other zillion gay threads.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Quiet you!

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, do NOT change the definition of marraige. create a new form of marraige, married by the state (legal union) so churches cant bitch and gays can have the same rights as married couples. so simple.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gay marriage is wrong. Its sick, and not what god wanted. I have no Sypothy for them at all. No offense
GAY MARRIAGE IS SICK, NO OFFENSE! [/sarcasm] You're an idiot. Sorry for the "insult" but I really can't help it; the ignorance of your post astounds me. If God existed then he would love people who are homosexual, God loves everyone, not just hetrosexuals. If you use God (He doesn't even exist) as a reason to stop them it just proves that you really don't have a reason, use God as a last resort. Gays exist, they are getting discriminated against, they want to have a silly contract that has jackshit to do with you. You will not notice much change except gays will pay out more money that would help comapnies that sell wedding accessories. I'm sorry that weddings seem so sick to you. There isn't any reason to have sympathy for them, they are not sick, they are people that fall in love with you or me. Unorthodox is not sick! I did take offense to your post there was no point saying "no offense" because that was completely offensive to people that believe in equal rights and especially to homosexuals.
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO I'M FLAME KING NOW!
Wow flame king of 8 people.... Spam king more like, argh same thing could go for roach....

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dreamcrusader
Gay marriage is wrong. Its sick, and not what god wanted. I have no Sypothy for them at all. No offense
God is irrelevant to this. Not everyone shares belief in the same god, therefore your comment has no point in this debate.

Kthnx.

And I think that it's sick that you use your god as an excuse for discrimination.

Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Spam king more like, argh same thing could go for roach....
What?

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
God is irrelevant to this. Not everyone shares belief in the same god, therefore your comment has no point in this debate.
I completely agree, lots of people get married and don't believe in God.
And I think that it's sick that you use your god as an excuse for discrimination.
I think there's something in the bible about gays. Apperantly God thinks of them like "lost sheep" but the bible was written by men and men of the time believed that homosexuality is wrong.
He said he was the flame king; that was spam. You said "Quiet you!" and that wasn't exactly on topic either.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
That is offensive. First of all, like others said, God really has nothing to do with marriage. Second, who are you to say you know what God wanted? Seeing as you are only human like the rest of us, I'd have to say this claim has no foundation. Also, people like you annoy and offend Christians that share some of the same beliefs that I do. It's disgusting how you're using God as an excuse for discriminating against homosexuals.

I think there's something in the bible about gays. Apperantly God thinks of them like "lost sheep" but the bible was written by men and men of the time believed that homosexuality is wrong.
That's my point exactly. Like I said, the Bible is simply man's interpretation of the word of God. It doesn't say beating your wife is a sin, but that doesn't mean it isn't wrong....

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
actually, the bible is given by inspiration of God, so really, its more like God worked though the writers.

the bible is hard to interpret so there are many diffrent views on situations like this. the best thing to do is to just shut up and not judge others, let God do that.....

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by dreamcrusader
I guess I agree but Im not against gays im just against the marriage part. But im getting tired of debating in these debates they do get old after a while, people.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's worse; I don't really see the point of being for gays but against the marriage. How could you agree with that when it has been ripped apart by every other person here.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
That's worse; I don't really see the point of being for gays but against the marriage. How could you agree with that when it has been ripped apart by every other person here.
well what I was trying to say was that im not against homosexuality, mabey I dont agree with what they are doing, but I dont absolutely hate them like a lot of people here. you can not HATE gays and be against them bieng married.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
you can not HATE gays and be against them bieng married.
The people who hate them are against them being married.
I think what he was saying is that it's possible to feel no hatred towards gays, but still be against gay marriages. (The wording was confusing, but that's how I interpreted it.)

actually, the bible is given by inspiration of God, so really, its more like God worked though the writers.

the bible is hard to interpret so there are many diffrent views on situations like this. the best thing to do is to just shut up and not judge others, let God do that.....
Yes. What I'm saying is that it may have been inspired by God, but it was still written by humans and therefore is imperfect. It still includes elements from the time and the opinions of the authors, which is why you can't take everything it says literally.

You're right. It's best to just accept people for who they are and let God judge them when the time comes.