Gay Marriage: Pros & Cons

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Im surprised no one has posted anything about gay marriage yet =P.

Personally, I am strictly against gay marriage. People complain that their being "discriminated," against if you dont let them have same sex marriages.

First of all, the American Heritage Dictionary defines marriage as "A union between a man and a woman." Correct me if Im wrong, but marriage is not a union between two members of the same sex. So, using this theology, how can two members of the same sex get married if their relationship cant be termed as a marriage in the first place?

Hell, pretty soon we'll be having people saying that they wont to marry their dog, or mabye their sister. Great! Maybe Ill go marry my washing machine. Oops, dont discriminate against my sexuality.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol... I dont see the problem. if two gays or lessies wanna get together thats their business and it should be allowed

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
We also have the problem of Seperation of Church and State. Yes, it belongs on my side of the arguement. There is currently no religion that accepts homosexual "marriage". Marriage is a religious created and sustained institution. Neither the State or Federal has no business allowing or, unfortunately, disallowing it.

The State and Federal only can go so far as to give "permission" to the Church to perform marriage. That's how it's always been, and it should remain thus. I guess, in essence, I'm saying that those who want it allowed and those who want it banned are both wrong. It's too bad I want it banned, no :p

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"First of all, the American Heritage Dictionary defines marriage as "A union between a man and a woman." Correct me if Im wrong, but marriage is not a union between two members of the same sex. So, using this theology, how can two members of the same sex get married if their relationship cant be termed as a marriage in the first place?"

So if there was another term made for it and they were granted the same rights as straight married couples would you be ok with it?

"Hell, pretty soon we'll be having people saying that they wont to marry their dog, or mabye their sister. Great! Maybe Ill go marry my washing machine. Oops, dont discriminate against my sexuality."

that was a ignorant statement to say the least.
How can we know your dog would want to get married to you? same with washing machine. Its nice that you consider two consenting adults the = of a washing machine.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by bamthedoc
We also have the problem of Seperation of Church and State. Yes, it belongs on my side of the arguement. There is currently no religion that accepts homosexual "marriage". Marriage is a religious created and sustained institution. Neither the State or Federal has no business allowing or, unfortunately, disallowing it.

The State and Federal only can go so far as to give "permission" to the Church to perform marriage. That's how it's always been, and it should remain thus. I guess, in essence, I'm saying that those who want it allowed and those who want it banned are both wrong. It's too bad I want it banned, no :p
Ya know, I like you BaM, but you have a bad habit of posting bullshit.

There are certain religions that do allow gay marriage. Hell, there are even Christian denoms that allow it. But you're right, marriage was a religious creation. But no longer. Now, the government gives certain rights and privileges to married couples. Over 1000 to be exact. Hell, that's what civil unions are about. So to deny gays the right to marry, and the rights given to married couples based on religious reasons is a violation of Seperation betwen Church and State.

And btw, allowing gay marriages wouldn't force churches to marry gays.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
seriously........... if we were actually ment to reproduce that way, i wouldnt see any fault with it. Since this is not the way of "life" then dont you think we shouldnt allow it?

it's just common sence ..........penis+penis does not = new life.

for those who are trying to help gays legalize gay marrige, they are just doing it for their own gains. political being #1

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they are trying to do it for there own gains?
what you mean having equal rights to straight people?
OMG THE HORROR OF THEM HAVING EQUAL RIGHTS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is polluting the earth=new life? no? we still do it.
is waging wars=new life?
So wait, were allowed to do some things that don't= new life but not others? oh i see.........

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by NTS
seriously........... if we were actually ment to reproduce that way, i wouldnt see any fault with it. Since this is not the way of "life" then dont you think we shouldnt allow it?

it's just common sence ..........penis+penis does not = new life.

for those who are trying to help gays legalize gay marrige, they are just doing it for their own gains. political being #1

God, these homosexuality debates are so repetative.... I've dealt with this arguement dozens of times, yet ppl still keep using it. You guys should really think your arguements though...

Oral sex doesn't result in new life? Should we bar that too? And what bothers me even more is that you think government belongs in the bedroom.

There are other reasons ppl have sex, besides getting pregnant. If you're so narrow-minded that you can't see that, then you have no place debating this. Sex isn't just about "new life", otherwise, it wouldn't be so damn pleasurable.

Same with the ones opposing it.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sprucegoose
ive been saying all along adam and eve not adam and steve
Since when have you been saying that? After you read this:
Originally posted by Chain3r- (Thread: Whats your opinion on gay rights "2"?)
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve (From a religious point of view)
? Its bad enough posting pointless threads like that where you only state your opininion.
Originally posted by Rygon
Im surprised no one has posted anything about gay marriage yet =P.
Plenty of people have your just prolly looking at the threads that have been started in past 30 days. Use the search thing by typing in "Gay Rights" or something and you get a whole page.
Originally posted by Spike~
Oral sex doesn't result in new life? Should we bar that too? And what bothers me even more is that you think government belongs in the bedroom.

There are other reasons ppl have sex, besides getting pregnant. If you're so narrow-minded that you can't see that, then you have no place debating this. Sex isn't just about "new life", otherwise, it wouldn't be so damn pleasurable.
I agree. Now for all you people who are against gay marriage i ask you this and be honest.(forget all but 1 ? but oh well)
-Would you marry a hetero-sex couple where both people are liars?
-Would you marry a hetero-sex couple where both people are (any sin such as theives, murderers)?
-Would you marry two gay/lesbian people?
If you said yes to any of them but not the last its discrimination. I'll get all the ?s tommorow if i can remember to.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike~
Sex isn't just about "new life", otherwise, it wouldn't be so damn pleasurable.

that is the the dumbest thing iv ever heard man! pleasure is what drives us to have sex which in turn keeps the race of humans alive. plz...... do think things through before u post:wavey

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
goddamnitt.......

nuts are you against condoms? to you want to ban oral sex? how about anal? have you ever beat off? or had sex without having a baby?

so because its not natural means its illegal? its not natural for us to control our environment, but we do. its not natural for my brother to be albino and almost blind, he would have died at birth 100 years ago. should he be illegal?

argument "its not natural" is complete bullshit. throw ANY argument at me, they will all be shot down easily... ok, so "marraige" is between a man and a woman (though in some cultures i believe it is different) even with this definition, are you against legal unions, which give homosexuals the same legal rights as marraiges do in the eyes of the law?

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by amrtin77
goddamnitt.......

nuts are you against condoms? to you want to ban oral sex? how about anal? have you ever beat off? or had sex without having a baby?

Rofl!!!!!!!!! no im not against condoms, oral sex or anal sex. yes i beat off non stop just because i cant help myself!!!! and yes iv actually had sex which i dought you ever have come close to.........

it is just common sence to tell that it is wrong to screw a guy in the ass!!! does pain give you pleasure!? if so go right on ahead and do it. you wanna give head to a guy.......... go ahead i dont really give a damn anymore.........

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you cant see my point and can only make lame comments about my sexual life then you are not worth arguing.

EDIT

it is just common sence to tell that it is wrong to screw a guy in the ass!!! does pain give you pleasure!? if so go right on ahead and do it. you wanna give head to a guy.......... go ahead i dont really give a damn anymore.........
you against kinky sex.. like bondage with girls? what about them S&M girls? pain does give some people pleasure... how about anal se4x with a girl? it hurts them as much as rammin a guy would hurt him.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Originally posted by amrtin77
if you cant see my point and can only make lame comments about my sexual life then you are not worth arguing.
exactly that ,you have no point in saying that it is right for gays or lezbos to have "pleasure"

leme put it 2 you in this way......... if guys were ment to have sex with eachother what would be the use in having women..........

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
GOD YOU DONT SEE MY POINT

ok ill say it very clearly. you tell me that sex is meant to be for reproduction.

"if guys were ment to have sex with eachother what would be the use in having women.........."

"pleasure is what drives us to have sex which in turn keeps the race of humans alive."

YOU OBVIOUSLY think sesx is only for creation

then you say this:

"Rofl!!!!!!!!! no im not against condoms, oral sex or anal sex. yes i beat off non stop just because i cant help myself!!!! and yes iv actually had sex which i dought you ever have come close to......... "

you disagree with yourself. did you not realize this? sex is not only for creation, we use it for pleasure.

why should i prove that its "right" for them to have sex? YOU are trying to take their rights, tell me why its NOT right.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
nuts the whole it isn't natural arguiment died away just like jesus.

Do you thikn it is right for us to seperate because of color?

Magikarp

Reaction score
Ok, how about this then: social security.

Social security survives on the premises that people will have children. These children will pay for their parents when their parents retire. Social security requires reproduction, and I think everyone here wants to retire when they get old.

Gay people cannot have children. They can adopt children, but they cant make their own. So why should I pay a social security tax for these queers who dont even bother having a legit marriage to produce children to support retirement funds?

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
what the hell are you balbering about? Social security strives on the fact you pay money everymonth because people showed in the 20's and 30's what happens when you don't save up money/. So in essence you are paying for yourself...

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
social security is going to be screwed anyways when the baby boomers come to retire..... and yes, social security is simply the government forcing you to save some of your money.