For or against gay marriage.

Are you for or against it?

• Yes I think homosexuals should be able to marry.

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No I think homosexuals should not be able to marry.

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Sazdy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Nuts
Do you ask that blacks be classified as caucasians? Of course not! So don't ask that same sex unions be classified as marriage. Classification is a means of identifcation, not segregation. But you knew that, right?
What does that have to do with anything, nuts? Marriage is not specifically pin-pointed down to a man and a woman. Websters Dictionary defines marriage as "To join as spouses by exchanging vows."

Plus, is it really going to change your life dramatically if two men or two women get married? Let them be, and don't become aquaintances with them!

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I've been saying.They WILL NOT effect you. Just let them go on their own homosexual ways and do what they want.And just because you son't want them to get married doesnt mean you can make them.

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ahem. Firstly, any definition of marriage that includes same sex has been amended, recently, due to pressure from the gay and lesbian lobbyists. The original and correct defintion can be found in Merriam Webster, one of the few reputable dictionaries.

Secondly, I haven't a single problem with gays. I have known several gay men and women in my life, all of them were great people, but that doesn't change the facts. This isn't an issue defined by whom is hurt by same sex marriage, otherwise you could argue for paedophilia just as easily, since it doesn't hurt me either. It's another strawman agrument, please stop.

Civil Unions are an acceptable compromise, yet the Supreme COurt of Massachusetts has taken it upon themselves to move against the will of the people. Not only is that wrong, but it's illegal too.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its nothing like paedophilia, tell me who it really hurts? Its just a silly contract that says these people are married. I've said this a million times.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Mark4
I'm for gay marriage but against them adopting children.
If they are to adopt children I say they should first acquire the consent of the child who should be at least a teen.

I mean, if I were to have gay/lez parents, I think I'd really miss a mother or maybe a father. The public opinion towards homosexuals also isn't always tolerant. The poor kid could be subjected to a lot of bullieing. not good

My thoughts Exactly.

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Its nothing like paedophilia, tell me who it really hurts? Its just a silly contract that says these people are married. I've said this a million times.
Do you selectively skip text so that you can avoid any information that might alter your beliefs?

Paedophilia does not hurt you, the non-participant. Prove otherwise and I'll give you a cookie.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So it hurts the people that choose to be married? That doesn't make any sense. You have to deal with gays anyway, you still haven't told me who exactly is being hurt.

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whose posts are you reading? My goodness man, do you have trouble reading English?

Unless you are being raped, then the participants of polygamy, incest and paedophilia have all chosen to enjoin in those activities.

If you insist on using the "who does it hurt" argument, then I must assume that you support all of the above acts in addition to homosexuality.

It's quite simple actually.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
isnt paedophilia like, sexual attraction to little kids? THATS NOT BETWEEN CONSENTNIG ADULTS. the rest of your points hold true, homosexuality, polygamy and incest are all in the same area (so long as the incest doesnt lead to children)

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Paedophilia is indeed sex with children, yet in many cultures, this is a perfectly acceptable practice. American Mormons practice both polygamy and paedophilia right here in our own backyards.

I'm not condoning paedophilia, simply explaining the justification of it all.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the legal age for sex is 18 or am i wrong? if you want to do away with that law and if you believe children are able to think for themselves that young then lower or eliminate the "adult" age.

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by amrtin77
the legal age for sex is 18 or am i wrong? if you want to do away with that law and if you believe children are able to think for themselves that young then lower or eliminate the "adult" age.
I would prefer that we not reduce the age, as I am strongly against the endangerment of a child. I am simply trying to show you that morality is subjective, and as such you must understand that our laws are based on morality to a great degree. Once you understand this, you can begin to see the bigger picture of it all.

Most people on this board would agree that paedophilia is a disgusting and immoral activity. Yet ask a Mormon how they feel about it? To many Mormons, paedophilia is a natural thing that would never be questioned. Just as many of you would never question same sex marriage. It's all relative in nature.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thats the sad thing :( im against laws based on morals unless they are stopping someone from hurting someone. paedophilia i think, does hurt someone. sexual relations should be between people old enough and able to think clear enough to consent the relationship, but you are correct. it is all relative.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm lost and distracted.I would argue some boring something but my brain is on hold. I have one thing to say.Gay marriage is fine! and about your polygamy or whatever and incest and bla bla that doesn't conern gays.

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ST-ST-ST
Gay marriage is fine! and about your polygamy or whatever and incest and bla bla that doesn't conern gays.
Wow, another personal opinion left as fact for the unsuspecting.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Fine I'll now argue a valid point to make you happy and then im off...Give me some reasons why you don't like gay marriage and good reasons NOT including religion.It's pretty hard to find some isn't it?Why don't you like it?Because it's not normal?What is normal defined by?Some dictionary?Well according to the dictionary no one is normal then.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Nuts
Whose posts are you reading? My goodness man, do you have trouble reading English?

Unless you are being raped, then the participants of polygamy, incest and paedophilia have all chosen to enjoin in those activities.

If you insist on using the "who does it hurt" argument, then I must assume that you support all of the above acts in addition to homosexuality.

It's quite simple actually.
What have i missed? I don't support polygamy because it will obviously hurt the other wifes. Paedophilia will hurt the child, and the child isn't old enough to make a decision like that, but i do support gay marriage between two adults, i keep answering to what you say but every single time you aviod stating who is hurt. Why in order to support homosexuality i have to support the rest? tell me how that works
the legal age for sex is 18 or am i wrong?
Its 16 in my country btw. We don't seem to have much of a problem with paedo's, but in america? Pls tell you're joking.
Wow, another personal opinion left as fact for the unsuspecting
Its a bit obvious that it isn't a fact, you opinion nazi :p.