Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I guess you're not the MT then :p

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
He joined the guild a little less than a month ago, and due to the good gear he has, is already our OT. :)

Gogo Renzo!

I'm also in my +sta gear on the far right side of that SS with my Curator staff. I was only able to get up to 10k hp in the amount of time I had to farm my gear, but let me tell you something about this fight from the perspective of the Mage tank that has to effectively "tank" one of the guards of High King Maulgar.

I've never played a Warrior, or any sort of tanking class on a boss before. I've played on Warriors and tanked through Molten Core after reading up on them, but I've never tanked on a boss.

There's nothing greater than the feeling you get when it's just you and your assigned healer sitting in a corner, hoping to god you don't get overnuked, calling out on Vent when you're about to get hit for a 9k fireball and need to be topped off, and after all this time, 5-7mins into the fight, everyone is eventually able to focus on your target. I don't know, it's just that heightened sense of importance knowing you're the only person geared for a fight like this, and it wouldn't be possible without the work you've put forth to be where you are.

Much props to Kit though, he's turning into more and more of a star in our guild as more people recognize just how good of a tank he is.

He might even be our MT by now if he had gotten into the guild sooner. :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I can see Cortalos, but I can't, for the life of me, find Rhinox anywhere :(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score

Behind Sellectra are a pair of Shoulderguards of the Bold. Hodur's left shoulder is blocking most of me.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
He joined the guild a little less than a month ago, and due to the good gear he has, is already our OT. :)

Gogo Renzo!

I'm also in my +sta gear on the far right side of that SS with my Curator staff. I was only able to get up to 10k hp in the amount of time I had to farm my gear, but let me tell you something about this fight from the perspective of the Mage tank that has to effectively "tank" one of the guards of High King Maulgar.

I've never played a Warrior, or any sort of tanking class on a boss before. I've played on Warriors and tanked through Molten Core after reading up on them, but I've never tanked on a boss.

There's nothing greater than the feeling you get when it's just you and your assigned healer sitting in a corner, hoping to god you don't get overnuked, calling out on Vent when you're about to get hit for a 9k fireball and need to be topped off, and after all this time, 5-7mins into the fight, everyone is eventually able to focus on your target. I don't know, it's just that heightened sense of importance knowing you're the only person geared for a fight like this, and it wouldn't be possible without the work you've put forth to be where you are.

Much props to Kit though, he's turning into more and more of a star in our guild as more people recognize just how good of a tank he is.

He might even be our MT by now if he had gotten into the guild sooner. :(
See this is what I was talking about with the domo fight.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ranzo, you play without name rite? That's why I can't see your name I guess :p

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
Check out the lone bad ass to the far right.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Congrats on that kill, good luck on Gruul, you would enjoy him as much as I did ;).

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
All i hear about Gruul is how another guild was fully flasked and couldn't down him. It sounds like a major headache. Any tips? Haha.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, my guild just killed Maulgar, too, and I wasn't even there :(

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You should all hug each other during shatter, it speeds up the process ;).