/flex

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, it's a boss fight, if it's made that way then it isn't really working as intended. But meh, I don't mind it :p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well the way i see it, we all get thrown about and turned to stone. Then we get shattered and all the stuff that was stuck to us, is flown about. It isn't actually the bosses damage, it's our own shit getting flung everywhere, and the further you are away, the less it will stink.

Wow, i sorta ran that into a monkey-shit-flinging analogy there...

Anyhow, I can't *wait* for SSC!!!!!! It's going to ROCK.
No it doesn't. 1 hour respawn times and trash will keep respawning even after you kill bosses. So if you wipe and have to run back, you gotta kill the trash even before Hydross (If you are past him).

Guilds that are up to SSC ****ing hate it. So much QQ in the Raids & Dungeons forum. Oh and apparently Lady Vashj is still untuned. And some bosses keep respawning with the trash (The Luker guy, i forget his name). Not once, not twice, but thrice it happened to DnT.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I fell in the water while exploring on my own... it was... pirhannariffic :(
Oh, and:

I did this while we were waiting for a loladin that forgot to train Blessing of Kings after respeccing.
Haha, that's ****ing awesome. During our first Karazhan raid for the guild, I had found a bunch of those while fishing in Zangarmarsh, and threw them down for our first Midnight kill. All I hear on vent is "I can't ****ing see anything with this ****ing smoke flare in my goddamn camera!" :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Eh, I can't do that since they'll know it was me :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score

/flex

The sword also dropped, but it went to another mage. The Guild Leader actually asked us both to decide who'd take it, so I just let him take it since he wanted it so bad.

Nathrezim Mindblade is equal, and a lot easier to get imo :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
They dropped last time we killed Maulgar, but a warlock took them, it goes for DKP here.

That means it'll still be a while till I get my shoulders.

--Edit--

Yeah, forgot to say, that was my guild's Gruul first kill. Meaning I'm the only member with t4 legs :D

--2nd Edit--

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Yeah, definately not worth the pain in the ass factor trying to get that sword. Like you said, stats are almost identical. Only a +2 spell crit difference. Sword's probably pretty good for Tankadins even. Mostly just epeen factor for casters. :p

Anyway, what's that mod you're using that shows you how much +crit%/+hit% your gear gives in the box? I like. :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
+2 crt rating, but -2 stamina and int ;)

The dagger is actually better than the sword imo. It'll still take a while for me to get it, but since we go by DKP in Gruul, and roll on Karazhan, it's a lot easier to get 2 items (pants and shoulders) than 3, so I won't even bother needing it again if it drops.

Mind you, I just needed it this time because I thought the pants wouldn't come to me. Luckily, they did, even though I think I prefer Incanter's... Crit rating > Hit rating.

But hey, I won't complain, my 2nd epix ever :p

Addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info5819-Rating_Buster.html

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
All the shit that drops from bosses is to help you kill other bosses.

Hit > Crit. For PvE.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, you have a point there. In any case, I'll stick with these because they're lyke epix!

In any case, as you can see, I was fully buffed (even had a flask of supreme power) so we could get the bastard down. I seriously don't think I'm gonna farm all that again (as you can see, I'm not exactly rich) to kill him next time. I'll just go.

--Edit--

Just read this post again. Talk about repetitive :O

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
That's it, just a supreme power? cmon now...

For Referance, the dots on gruul from the warlocks in my guild (all potted) were tickingfor 850+.

What. The. ****.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I only had a flask of supreme power because I can only have one flask on me at a time I think :O

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Erm, how bout checking my buffs in that screenshot? It doesn't show the food buff either, btw. Nor the Wizard Oil one.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Flask of Supreme Power --150 Spell Dmg
Superior Wizard Oil -- 42 Spell Dmg
Adept's Elixir -- 24 Spell Dmg / 24 Spell Critical Rating
Greater Arcane Elixir -- 35 Spell Dmg
Elixir of Major Firepower -- 65 Fire Spell Dmg
Blackened Basislik -- 23 Spell Dmg / 20 Spirit

That's an added 339 Fire Spell dmg, and every raiding firemage/destruction lock should use them. Maybe not the flask all the time, but the other things are easy and cheap.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's all I used, yeah, plus Elixir of Mastery (+15 to all stats) and Elixir of Empowerment (+30 spell penetration).

And cheap my arse.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
But there's Elixirs of Firepower, Adept's Elixir, Brilliant Wizard Oil, etc.

Our guild doesn't really need any of that shit anyway, other than on our MT.
The OT needs a flask. Otherwise he'll get one shotted at the 13th or 14th grow, rather than the 15th.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Flask of Supreme Power --150 Spell Dmg
Superior Wizard Oil -- 42 Spell Dmg
Adept's Elixir -- 24 Spell Dmg / 24 Spell Critical Rating
Greater Arcane Elixir -- 35 Spell Dmg
Elixir of Major Firepower -- 65 Fire Spell Dmg
Blackened Basislik -- 23 Spell Dmg / 20 Spirit

That's an added 339 Fire Spell dmg, and every raiding firemage/destruction lock should use them. Maybe not the flask all the time, but the other things are easy and cheap.
Are those stackable? I know health/stam flasks can clash with Fort, do those?