Final Fantasy 6

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Some people would consider this to be the best Final Fantays for the SNES, and even some think it's the best one period! I love this game, and it very well could be my favorite because of how it appeals to me and how I like to play. This game, out of 2 others, were the only games I loved to play over and over again mon the Super Nintendo. Why? It was fun, I loved the characters, since therwe was so many of them, and the parts of the game where you needed to use 2 parties to beat a certain area were also nice. It forces you to keep the charactes you don't use at a good level, or you may lose them on those parts.

This is one of my favorite Final Fantasys next to 8. Both of them have one thing that appeals to me tremendously: music. I have all the music from both games, and I must say I love listening to the tracks of Nobuo Uematsu on a daily basis very much. The game itself isn't too hard, for the most part. Knowing a few key secrets can make the game either really easy or fairly difficult. Regardless of that, the game rocked in my opinion, all around (excluding the difficulty it takes to beat the game.) Most of you played this Final Fantasy, so what are your thoughts on it?

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nobou is a genious. It's a shame he left the series ;_;

Still excited for FFXII none the less.

FFVI is awesome, so much stuff to do, so many characters, great development of each. It's amazing what they did with the 3rd gen SNES games, and FFVI is proof of it.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Besides the Vanish/Doom trick, the game was pretty difficult. On my newest save, I actually beat Atma Weapon withiout using it. But that's probably because I got Mog in the first world instead of the second one.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You can't get one of his dances unless u get him in the first world ^_^

The game wasn't too hard if you knew what you were doing, but the vanish/doom crutch was just wrong o.o

You can always osmose Atma to death as well.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I rather liked throwing things at him for 2000 damage with Shadow and blasting him with 1.5k magical damage from Terra. And yeah, Water Rondo dance was WELL worth it. Made the Sealed Cave os so much easier.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Some people would consider this to be the best Final Fantays for the SNES, and even some think it's the best one period!
BEST GAME EVAR PERIOD. FF7 got a little fun after awhile, in the early goings it a yawnfest.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
ArtOfProtoss said:
Come on DM, get up to 7:)
I did not play Final Fantasy 7. I loathe it for the most part. Besides the music, of course. Too many ''OHH MAH GOD 7 IS ISH BEST!11 IM CLOUD OMDFG!!!1'' people spawned from it, and that's why I stayed away from it.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I did not play Final Fantasy 7. I loathe it for the most part. Besides the music, of course. Too many ''OHH MAH GOD 7 IS ISH BEST!11 IM CLOUD OMDFG!!!1'' people spawned from it, and that's why I stayed away from it.

you should really play it, it has a very in depth storyline, and all the extra's in the game can keep you playing for hours ( knights of the round )

and, to my knowledge, its the only FF game that has made ppl cry * i still miss you Aerith *

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I can relate to that being a little over dramatic. I liked Final Fantasy 8's Drama/Romance better. Spawned less fanboys, in my opinion.
ff8 was great and all, but it reminded me of some sitcom since all the characters were 18-19 it had just a little to much romance, made me feel like it was a love story, not an action - RPG

but the gunblades kicked major ass :) and u cant forget all the summons that werent used since then

* doomtrain * * cactuar *

Zerglite

Reaction score
i belive AoP was the one to lead us off topic, then hellwolf THEN YOU!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Back on topic then. What's your favorite character out of the 14 or so that exist? There's plenty of characters, and you have to like atleast one of them. For me it's Terra. She's great at melee, great at magic, and overall has balanced stats. Of course, you could rig her out and make her a female termintor like I did. Every spell in the game, 9999/999 with 70+ all stats except speed.

Zerglite

Reaction score
umm did you mean out of all the FF's?

i'd hafta say o dog what was his name.... i think it was Ramza? thats probably wrong, but my fav is the main character from Final Fantasy Tactics origional, the one for the ps1, he could do everything, and in some certian battles, he would be all alone, 1v1 against some uber strong boss while the rest of the team was fighting the weaklings

FFT has to be my fav FF, although i never got to finish it because i dropped something and it broke the disk

and BTW you could get Cloud and Aerith in that game :p

Zerglite

Reaction score
damn, then im sorry for my off topic-ness

and Btw do you like my new sig?

i like my Ice-Fire letters

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Shadow1psc2k said:
I think he meant favorite FFVI char.

Mine would be Celes... the story wouldn't be half as good without her ;)

♥The Shadow♥
Terra was much better then Celes. Magically Celes cannot compare to morphed Terra. Regularly, Celes may have a little more magic, it depends how you do your Espers though. Celes may be able to use some different armor types, but she isn't as balanced is Terra is along the edges. Runic doesn't help when you're sliced in half by Atma Weapon. Now argument begins now.

If you need any help, post it in this thread ArtOfProtoss. I'm a very good FFVI person and I would be glad to assist you if needed.