Final Fantasy 6

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Back on topic then. What's your favorite character out of the 14 or so that exist? There's plenty of characters, and you have to like atleast one of them. For me it's Terra. She's great at melee, great at magic, and overall has balanced stats. Of course, you could rig her out and make her a female termintor like I did. Every spell in the game, 9999/999 with 70+ all stats except speed.
Sabin pwn all... GG!

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
Terra was much better then Celes. Magically Celes cannot compare to morphed Terra. Regularly, Celes may have a little more magic, it depends how you do your Espers though. Celes may be able to use some different armor types, but she isn't as balanced is Terra is along the edges. Runic doesn't help when you're sliced in half by Atma Weapon. Now argument begins now.

If you need any help, post it in this thread ArtOfProtoss. I'm a very good FFVI person and I would be glad to assist you if needed.
I didn't like her for her game ability, although I used her anyway in favor of Terra, I just liked her better as a character.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Crippled Magitek Knight is saved by wondering Thief! Seems Locke should be a pimp for saving Terra and Celes. I like to think seeing Terra's past as well as her esper heritage really brought her out more as a character then Celes's past did. Since they're the best females in the game (Unless you find some godearthly cause for using Relm) it;s best not to compare them.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Shadow restarting his life was better. I wish she did suicide for the bandana or whatever she went to grab in the credits. It would have been funny.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Shadow1psc2k said:
Shadow's thing was a sidequest though, and not integral to the main story or character development plot.

♥The Shadow♥
And if you stay on the Floating Island till liek 0:04 left on the clock. He doesn't die and you can face him again at the Colosseum. I even have Searching for Friends on my playlist (the song that plays after you get Setzer back).

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know this, for I am the Final Fantasy guru, lol. I also happen to know that in the second world if you visit all the various inns with him in your party, you get dream sequences that reveal more about his past, and clarify the fact that he is in fact Realm's father ^_^

♥The Shadow♥

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Wow, I should play the game a little more and find out lol.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Thanks for posting spoilers, Wes. :-/

Anyways, that is a bigger part of the story then Celes can handle. Some characters don't have any part in the story much at all. Such as Gogo and Umaro. I like Celes, I use her frequently actually because she has a good magic capabilities, but Terra is by far better. Morph for life! :)

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
FF6 is my current fave because of the focus on the many characters as opposed to one main character. Try playing the game again with different characters in your party and see their reactions. Locke and Celes have alot of stuff as well as Sabin/Edgar, Terra/Edgar, Shadow/Sabin, Gau/Strago etc.

7 Was great (played it before the fanboy wave) and would have gotten my fave award if it werent for sephiroth. Sephiroth was a terrible character in the sense that you never really fight him til the very end and how his Oedipus Syndrome made him look like a faerie. Cid and Barret make this game shine.

9 is currently my 2nd fave because it goes back to the traditional swords and castles age of the FF series as opposed to the techno-punk genre it's been headed towards. Had the best system in terms of gaining skills and a rich diversity in characters from the comedy relief by steiner to the cool Freya (fave FF char evar). This game is too underrated

My opinions to 8 and 10? to give you a hint, i returned both games a week after playing them. Both were too linear and had a terrible skill system though 8's was more appalling.

I just want a good FF game to focus on it's roots by eliminating the whole Summon magic and get focus on elemental spells. Another thing, is it too much to ask for a FF's main char to not be a guy nor use a sword? (Tidus being an exception to the first one and Zidane to the 2nd)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I figured Final Fantasy 7 was your favorite Edd, heh. Seeing as you've had that Vincent avatar for quite some time now. In Final Fantasy 6, you can really have any characer as your main one, just to see how they are and such, as Edd said. That's probably why I love it more then the others.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, it's extremely debateable which character is the main character. Terra, Locke, and Celes all have arguements going for em... forgot about that.

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Shadow too, basically everyone besides Gogo and Umaro, since we don't know much about either next to nothing. Some people suspect Gogo to be Terra's mother, and have a little explanation as to why that might be, but I don't know myself what or who Gogo is. :-/

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gogo is not really explained at all. Umaro is just an ape. Mog is yet another random sidekick. Realm isn't too important, only there to further Shadow's development. Strago isn't much important either.

As far as the main game's development, it's really Celes, Locke, and Terra (not in any particular order). The rest of the characters can be defined as support, but it's all debatable.

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
True. Relm makes Shadow possible, though. The history of Edgar and Sabin explain why Figaro joined the returners and started to hate The Empire. It all explains itself with almost every character no matter how you look at it. :)

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Except Gogo, Umaro, Mog, and Gao. They aren't too integral (3 former three are hidden characters), and Gao really only helps out in one part of the story... Even finding his backstory doesn't help too much. I think everyone else plays a bit more of a part though.

♥The Shadow♥