Final Fantasy 6

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com

That's a weaker version odf the Terra I describred in the Final Fantasy % Thread. The other was deleted, so I scrabbed this one up for good measure. This Terra can still go in the Colleseum and kill everything but Coupon, too. :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay, after all the rave reviews I'm going to actually (a failed attempt friday) play FFVI. I have class until 4:15 so I'll use it to relax.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I totally forgot about coupon... and how to beat him... no! I think it was just luck, with someone uber battle power and haste and atma/ultima weapon offering of doom...

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
After 2 or 3 waves of 9999x4, Coupon died for me. He doesn't give you anything good, unless yuou want to speed hack elixers. Irt's better to just steal mega elixers though. :p

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah... There was some other reason for beating him, but i don't recall what it was at the moment. I'll have to go back and play that again this week.

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I went through 77 battles with him endlessly being blown away by his ''Sneeze'' move because I betted Striker and it said a ?????? on the item I won, so I wanted to see if anything was worth getting. And it wasn't. ><

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There's something u can bet, and he gives you something good for it, I just don't remember exactly what it was. I have the list somewhere.

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I searched Gamefaqs, and it didn't lit anything! :p Maybe you can show me that sometime because now I'm interested enough to go back and beat his ass for this good item you speak of. ^_^

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
After 2 or 3 waves of 9999x4, Coupon died for me. He doesn't give you anything good, unless yuou want to speed hack elixers. Irt's better to just steal mega elixers though. :p
Yet he becomes a wind elemental summon in FF7

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, Typhoon was based off of Chupon. I was always hopping Ultros would be in a later FF as a summon too, but alas, never.

♥The Shadow♥

wreckinball

Member!
Reaction score
and I must say I love listening to the tracks of Nobuo Uematsu on a daily basis very much.

i hear that--- i have all ff7 & 8--- anxious heart from ff7 is one of my favs-- is the song when you enter nibelhiem

wreckinball

Member!
Reaction score
great site for video game music is www.vgmusic.com select sony playstation go to f for final fantasy and go listen to some great tunes

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't double post, sir, just click edit ^_^

FF music is pretty easy to find if you search long enough, and FFIX I think had the best music of the PSX FFs.

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
You know damn well that's debatable. Final Fantasy 5 &4 also had some nice music to them. Not all of it was nice, but neither was Final Fantasy IV's. I can agree that in general it did have better, but some songs by Final Fantasy 4 and Final Fantasy 5 were really great. I'll name a few, just for the sake of music.

Final Fantasy 4:
Tower of Bab-li.
The Red Wings.
The Core.
Melody of Lute.
Golbez, Clad in Dark.
Dancing Calobrena.
Illusionary World.

I personally like Dancing Calobrena the best. It's a dark sounding opera music, and it's really awesome to my ears.

Final Fantasy 5:
The Decisive Battle.
The Steam Powered Ship.
Battle with Gilgamesh.
Intension of the Earth.
Prelude of Empty Skies.
As I feel, you feel.
Beyond the Deep Blue Sea.

It's a tough choice, but Prelude to Empty Skies is probably one of the best area musics in any Final Fantasy. It just sounds ''badass'', then evil, it's cool. But to know what I mean you would need to listen to it firsthand.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
They were PSX Ports. They still have the same music. Maybe some differences, but it's still basically the same. Nobuo Uematsu is my god for creating such brilliant sounds to my ears.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
They were PSX Ports. They still have the same music. Maybe some differences, but it's still basically the same. Nobuo Uematsu is my god for creating such brilliant sounds to my ears.
Still not native PSX games. PORTS ASIDE, IX pwns j00.

♥The Shadow♥

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Not music wise. I can prove that all 3 ports had siognificant musical qualities. As for the overal best, then you would be correct. Final Fantasy 6's only downside, SNES/PSX included, is the difficulty factor. They're both so damn easy even if you don't use Vanish/Doom. I don't know why that is, but it tends to annoy me sometimes. Like, when I fought Ultros in the Opera House. Gau used Giga Volt from one of his rages, and KO'ed him. It was the fastest Ultros battle I've ever had. That's my only beef with it.