• They are both awesome.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • They both suck.

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
So what's the verdict? Which one was better?

I'd say that FFX has the better level-up system with the Sphere-Grid, but FFX-2 has a better Battle-System (Real time doesn't make the game as slow), but then FFX-2 was a really short game for FF standards.

So my vote goes to FFX.

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
i disliked FFX-2 because it was too unorganized.
i enjoyed FFX very much and concider it one of the best RPG's i've every played

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I definatley liked FFX better just because FFX-2 was....kinda shitted out you know :-/?

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
I never got around to playing FFX-2 because my friend borrowed my FFX when I was stuck at fighting Lady Yunalesca. Up to that point I really enjoyed playing Final Fantasy X so I am going to say that I probably would have liked playing FFX over FFX-2. I most likely won't get around to playing FFX-2 so how long did it take you Renzokuken?

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
FFX, the character voices weren't annoying and the story was good.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
FFX because the sphere grid system owns. never really liked FFX-2 that much :/

dP

Member!
Reaction score
FFX was better i think, FFX-2 was just too unorganized, its like they just all spat in a pot.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Raccoon said:
I most likely won't get around to playing FFX-2 so how long did it take you Renzokuken?
Don't remember exactly, but honestly, when i was playing it and i thought i was getting near the end, i tried to take my time and drag out the game (I hate short games) so it would last longer.

It eventually took me under 40 hours to finish it officially (Not 100%) and that was with me dragging it out and pissing around alot.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ffx was actully a very good game,it is my second fave ff game(ff8 being my favorite)

ffx-2 sucked,the characters wernt interesting,the only reason i played it was to see if they see tidus again,and i never finished it =/ it sucked too much

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
In the end you did see Tidus again, you just had to finish it a certain way and get 100% to see a video clip at the end of Yuna arriving at the place where Tidus first found himself at Spira (That beach where Wakka threw the ball at thim), and they are re-united and Yuna says...

"It all started when i saw this sphere of you..." As if she was talking to Tidus throughout the game the whole time (Rather obvious anyway :rolleyes).

Really wasn't worth it, and what makes the game worse is that it is a sequal, to an already discovered Spira, so hardly anything is new and it just gets repetitive, and you have the Celsius to begin with, so there's hardly any storyline where you have to walk and gain EXP.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dice5_5 said:
FFX > FFX-2

FFX-2 wasn't bad imo, but it could have been longer.
agrees 100%
x-2 was a bit unorganized but the only real thing i liked about it was the character change and Paine as i fell in love with her...
she was just so cool

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
FFX-2 is just expansion guys, it cant be anylonger than the original story right? :p

and no, I didnt like it really, shoudlnt have wasted $70, but used $30 out of that to buy FFX and other game with $40 =)

FFX is just more fun in gameplay and such.... FFX-2 is too.. easy?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It's not an expansion, otherwise it would've been the same game with a few extras.

And yeah, FFX-2 is too easy, that's why i want to get my hands on Star Ocean, i heard that that is pretty hard and lots of leveling is required. I can't wait!

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
Personally I haven't played FFX-2 much since I don't own it, but a friend does and I've liked what I've seen. But I think that in all likelihood is that if I owned it, I would probably still like FFX better. The main reason is that I love the sphere grid and the weapons creation system. I've never been able to customize my characters quite like that in any other FF. I liked the story, it was a break away from what I had originally perceived it to be, in that I had no idea where the game was trying to go when I first played it, but after playing it I loved it.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
I didn't like the sphere grid much...but I love the job system, so I would say FFX-2, although FFVIII and FFXI are my favorites...

Some things I didn't like about FFX-2 though were that Paine looked like Edward Scissorhands in some of the CG scenes and Yuna looked Asian. Meh.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
FFX > FFX-2. I loved FFX even though I found some of the characters to be annoying. I liked the sphere grid system and the linear gameplay.

But like other people have said, FFX-2 was just disorganized....It was fun the first time through, but when I was playing it I wasn't thinking "awesome" as much as I was thinking "cute," and cute things get annoying after a while. The battle system was fun as it made the game go faster, but when I had finished (not with 100%) I felt like I hadn't got my money's worth. I didn't like the different endings and trying to get 100% was the most frustrating thing I've ever done. Yup.

Reaction score
I thought that FFX was better then FFX-2 due to the the fact that part two is short, but i still remember the first time i started to play FFX and it was amazing then and it still is now. The only little annoying thing about FFX is the lack of being able to go back to some of the temple if you didnt get the destruction sphere due to dark aeions being there, and i havent completed the game yet due to that fact and the fact i havent really had time to play it as much as i liked to.