Farewell

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
"We laughed until we had to cry. We loved right down to our last goodbye.
A part of your has grown in me,
together forever we shall be,
never apart
maybe in distance,
but not in heart."

As you can already see, I am no longer the staffmember of the Warcraftforums. I leave the responsibilty to Zaku and future staff of this place. I am not just resigning, and I have decide that with over a year of service to battleforums, I cannot simply part like originaly planned.

Many want an explaination, and I can't directly give it to you. It is personal information, that I have decided not to post publicly.

I could probably begin my goodbye with a "I'm so sorry, i am to busy with school and homework" and all that bullshit, but i will spare you that. In the end it was, I have grown, and i have grown away from battlforums. So much that I have no desire, no passion anymore. I just can't stay, and be happy, I can't stay and really fullfill my ambitions. As a poster on a forum, today my life ends.

What I have More reasons? In the end, battleforums has also changed, and I have decided not for the better. A new skin will not cover up the problems it has suffered, and the power positions truely are a problem. I have made mistakes for sure, no doubt, but I have not directly affected battleforums in a way that I am slowly destroying it. I leave it at that for u to puzzle over.

You can PM for a full list of reasons that I am truely leaving, but I can narrow down the most important two. The administrators, and hacks. The admins prove you don't have to be qualified to be an admin, you just have to know people. thats all it is. it's not a "show your dedicated" because i have learned the hard way that that statement here is pure bullshit. All you have to do is make friends with a staffmemebr, and u will get a position, make friends with the owner and you can become an admin. Then you don't even have to post anymore, ou can sit, blame everything on school, and not show up, leaving the best, and only hardworking admin to do the real job.

Which this is only a fraction of the anger and frustration built up, something I cannot take anymore.

What else might u ask? If u haven't been here, or read this post
http://battleforums.com/showthread.php?postid=571103#post571103

Something caught my attention, and I haven't really thought differently.
"I think it's a shame that you're branding yourselves as a "newb-hacker-forum" - so to speak"

Sephi Is all to right. For to long I have fought, and stood against it. now with everything else, it is just one more reason battleforums is just not worth it. Tired am i of "your from battleforums? your a hacker." Battleforums did not start off as a hacker forum, and I will not be here when it ends, but if it continues to live with hacks, that is the worst way to live. When i said hacks suck, what did Thesummit i think it was who said, "leave then." Well **** you you got ur wish.

Think I'm an ass? my goodbye thread wasn't a sympathy run, more of a collection of the TRUTH, that no one wants to expose.

on a lighter note, I will leave the innocence with a simple quote,
"Seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it, cuz we consider these minutes golden"

I have already said my goodbyes, so don't expect a 4th return becuase in the end, I have changed since my immature exploitations of the "leave for pity, comeback for fun."

dedicated to the steelworkers of america keep reaching for that rainbow.

This is the end, "I didn't ask for it to be over, but then again, I never asked for it to begin. For that's the way it is with life, as some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance. But even the most beautiful days eventually have their sunsets "

~Pan~

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
What can I say. I will miss you Pan. Even though you were an ass. You stated your opinions with supreme confidence, keep that attitude. It will get you far in life.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I am glad you decided to post this pan. I think we all needed closer on this topic.

Good luck where ever you go pan. Like Kaldaris said, you will get far in life with your attitude. If it is any consolation, I don't think you are an ass. I am against hacks too, just voicing that opinion is suicide here.

I remember when I first came here, and I was strongly against hacking. I went into the hacking forum and got flamed quite a bit for my views on legitimacy. Regardless of what others say or do, I will always be against hacking.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Pan= 1 of the [glow=blue]COOLEST MODS BF HAS EVER HAD!!!![/glow]

And its a bite in the old makhimey to hear that your leaving :(

Good luck and PLEASE dont leave with a stupid mod in your place!
That is what has happened in chit chat for about the 10th time this week

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
lol pan..i think i have a clue why u actually leaving. I wil notl try to turn u back because..it's ur decision. Not all that know ppl in staff want to get a position or get one. I know mave(we very good friends) and amantis, and kami and galatia..but i have never asked for one. I have worked before for another site as an admin and i know how difficult it was. That site wasn't half as big as battle forums was..not even close..and still gave me plenty of headaches. Maybe some rushed into becoming a mod...maybe not...

I have to say I am not as attached of BF the way i was at the begining...I barely come here, and when i do, i stop just in the WC section and in my clan forums.

I am not leaving yet although I still know most of the active members and with slice disapearance i think BF become a better more enjoyable place.

Maybe this what we need some fresh ppl with time to manage and make it a much better place.

I still have faith and if is anything I can do to help they know where to find me ;).

farewell undead god :D.

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
im sure you will be missed pan, but i have to agree with some of the points you had about if your good friends with a mod, you become one.......

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Pan. *sigh* With everyone leaving and all.....

You were one of my favourite moderators, Pan, and you will always be. Good luck in your future.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasnt here for long but I can tell you will be missed. Unless it will be like Chibi talk about her/him( i am not sure didnt know chibi) for about a week then poof. And thanks for all the help in the past.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
This deserves a sticky, at least for as long as chibi got one. ;)

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well Pan, I knew this was coming,a nd like Aragorn said, it's good we all finally got some closure on this.

I appreciate everything you've done for me, and you've helped pave my way i BF, and you've done so much for me I don't know how to thank you.

Like you, I sometimes feel distant, and growing away from BF, and at the time I'm kind of in limbo as to stay or go.

I'm nearly hitting my year mark (In February), and I once again thank you for everything you've done for this forum.

-Frank :(

Neptunez

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.3osoft.com
farewell pan, personal grudges aren't a reason to leave. But, i cannot stop you if you are unhappy. Have a good life.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AvalonX
farewell pan, personal grudges aren't a reason to leave. But, i cannot stop you if you are unhappy. Have a good life.
I don't know if it is as much a personal grudge as a forum policy grudge. I don't think he will be coming back this time, even if the policies change.

*queue "Time of Your Life" by Green Day*

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
This is my first time posting in a goodbye post in ages. So many mods come and go, many of them I never talked to once. The thing I miss the most about the old days was how all of the major posters knew eachother. You were what, the first or the second poster to hit 1000? Big moment =). It pains me to see so many posters with over 1000 posts who I have barely comunicated with all all. I would like to give everyone a goodbye post before they leave, expecially all of the mods, but without being able to know people very well I usually just don't feal qualified to give them a true goodbye. But your an exception. Ive known you online for over a year now. I dont ever know your name (if you've told me and I've forgotten, please forgive me). But I still feal like I know you as well as I know alot of my friends in the real world. So I'm going to break my habit of leaving goodbye posts and say what I have to say =).

From what I can remember, we were friends from the begining. You had the SC forums, me the WC. I have all these flashes of memory... alll of the times we've talked on AIM... you, me, skuzzy, placebo, rage, playin WC during our spare time... the canadian pride... fear_solder... Its all been great.

There are times when I feal somewhat mad at someone for leaving the forums. This isn't one of thoes times. You put alot of effort into everything here, alot more than your average mod, more than I have. I agree with you completley on the hacking issue. Theres nothing I hate more than someone accusing me of being a hacker 'cause im from Battleforums. If I got much more of it than I do now, I'd probibly be doing what your doing. I know I made some decisions as admin you don't agree with. Please understand that the admin crew is trying our hardest to make things better on this forum. If any decisions I made have hurt you in any way, please forgive me.

Your one of the greatest, if not the single greatest friend I've had during all of my time here. And thats out of alot of people. I trust you and I respect you highly. To me, thats the highest praise I can give someone on these forums. Thank you, Pan. For a while, you were "the man who left us at 1210". Thank you for comming back. Thank you for being someone I could talk to on AIM, even if some times I would just turn on my away message in the middle of a conversation (I hope you don't take it personally when I do that... it sometimes becomes completley overwhelming the number of IMs I get and I just do that to escape the hell that comes with adminhood). Thank you for all the great times. As long as I can still talk to you on AIM, as long as we can still play some WC3 for old times sake, I'll never have any regrets.

So, as Swooper, BattleForums admin, I bid you a good life outside the forums. After experiancing your "panitude", I have no doubts of your ability to do well in your real life. As Chris, your friend, I just hope that you leaving BF won't change things between us.

Keep going strong, my Canadian friend

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
wow... this sux. all of the original ppl are leaving :( . well pan, you were a very influental poster and i hate to see you leave. goodbye!​

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Noo.Not again,IceDevil a person I like now you why YOU exactly!I thought I and you can get to know better I was just going to show you that Im thinking of becoming a more serious poster(if you notice that Im active) than im ever in these forums.I was going to show replays I even wanted a game with you and Aragorn ,does this mean that we'll never by able to meet in Azeroth ?
From the day I registered I get to know your serious status as a staff member.I am shocked and very sad to see that in the moment when Im getting more active,many people know me and I wanted to be noticed by you-all whom i thought 'wow 1000 posts! Wow a staff member; an admin!'
It is very hard to see that exactly you are leaving.You will miss me Undead GodI was just going to tell you how Im amazed of your playing ,you dont know how I was impressed to see how smart you played and it's not only mine opinion but of my brother and everyone whom i showed.And now what?NO more replays from you ,no more...

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and suddenly he comes back. just kidding :)
no. didnt know you but you did some good jobs around here thats for sure... and for hacking. i said it allot in those damn things in wrong section importantly. fu stop hacking play fair u freaking noob and get banned!
cya ( come by sometime and see how it looks like after you left ), i c burning webpages and a doomed world full of hax0rz

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont let the door hit you on the way out..............

just pissing for ya, catch you later man