Dupeing items

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
xhellhawk said:
Sorry i just hate illiterate people, they piss me off >.>, and i don't baal all day, honestly i only join good baal runs i don't bother with the games full of lvl 70's ATEMPTING to kill the monsters, if any one in cc-comp is baaling normally i join in with them. honestly if you grind it doesn't take that long
Don't worry bout it. Well obviously good baal runs are important. Especially in Nezmod (D2 Mod). They replaced the Warped One withe Achmel. In the end, you face Lilith along with Demon Spiders. They are hard to kill, but when Lilith falls, you gain some pretty good experience.

@Trojan: It's not hard to hit 90. Stay with players and do lots of Trist runs, Arcane runs, Bloody runs, and boss runs with the help of others till you are confident you can fight alone. Then assist them in the destruction of the enemies.

xhellhawkx

Member!
Reaction score
never tried nez mod but i find it funny that no one here has hit 90 in a day....it doesn't even take that long, actually kinda pathetic -.-''.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Trojan said:
For those of us that have botted to 95 knows that you cant get to 90 in one day. Calculate ALL of the runs you need to do of anything and you will find that you can't get that much xp in one day.
lol..im sorry but botting is totally different than doing manual baal runs. the bot dies. when you have control of your character you won't die at all. unless you are impatient and rush into a bad tp. and yes 1-90 is one day easily. i leveled my paladin from 1-80 in 2 hours. 81-90 in 6 hours.

15% exp gain from anni and ondals. 1.5 million each run, or somewhere around there. 89-90 is around 34 million exp.

L

Laharl

I've hit level 120 from one day or work on nez, but then again I am the Nez Mod God.

xhellhawkx

Member!
Reaction score
005 said:
lol..im sorry but botting is totally different than doing manual baal runs. the bot dies. when you have control of your character you won't die at all. unless you are impatient and rush into a bad tp. and yes 1-90 is one day easily. i leveled my paladin from 1-80 in 2 hours. 81-90 in 6 hours.

15% exp gain from anni and ondals. 1.5 million each run, or somewhere around there. 89-90 is around 34 million exp.
finally....someone that knows what they are talking about -.-, Sep. it probably wont take 8 hours, unless your not in full baal games and not doing it constantly. if you baal in good baal runs non stop it wont even take that long :rolleyes .

ChrisH36

Reaction score
005 said:
Nez mod works like this with Exp.

There is a skill that all characters have at level 1, called Experience Boost. It goes up 5%/level to 99. Also, you get about 30% from the All are One charm which is made from 18 dolls (all from bosses). Then, you can get the annhilius by drop for 10%. I think you also get more from other items and the Nez Charm.

So if I were to play 1 day straight with all the items duped. A character from level 1 could easily make it to 90 in about 12-15 hours, depending on the items being carried. Then again, you could do 500+ elemental damages if you got good stuff.

L

Laharl

Before anyone says it: The exp boost skill isn't unbalanced or rigged in any way. Also, it's not unreasonable. After you hit a certain level your exp gained per monster kill starts to plummet...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I have it at 300% on my Druid. I still gain quite a bit of experience from Hell Kagero, especilly when the monsters are like 130. In Hell, its level 300!!!

Deveis220

Reaction score
I know how u dupe n bnet,just make sure your cmp can handle being restarted for NO REASON at all.

Give a few items to a friend(trustorth one)
Dont even bother going to save and exit,just hit restart on your comp since it wont have time to save,go back on and you will have the items you gave him,then he gives you the items back.

Doing it to much can mess your comp up so dont do it too much.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Deveis220 said:
I know how u dupe n bnet,just make sure your cmp can handle being restarted for NO REASON at all.

Give a few items to a friend(trustorth one)
Dont even bother going to save and exit,just hit restart on your comp since it wont have time to save,go back on and you will have the items you gave him,then he gives you the items back.

Doing it to much can mess your comp up so dont do it too much.

That dont work :D

Deveis220

Reaction score
when i did it it did

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Deveis220 said:
when i did it it did
When does Diablo II save?
  • Your character is autosaved every five minutes.
  • Your character is also saved any time any player leaves the game, as well as when you quit the game.
  • Your character is saved if you are disconnected from your Internet connection, and it is also saved if your system crashes mid-game.
(source: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0332p )

Meaning that the moment you hit the power button on your computer, Battle.net will save your (now item-less) character onto its computers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But, don't forget that all character files are stored locally on your system. Most duping is done thru the modification of these "user files".

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
No they arent... Only singleplayer/open/tcp-ip chars are stored on your computer. Closed realm characters are stored on the Bnet servers. Otherwise I could just use a character editor and become instantly rich :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
EEX said:
Only singleplayer/open/tcp-ip chars are stored on your computer. Closed realm characters are stored on the Bnet servers.
I am well aware of that. Closed characters keep a login record on your computer that has nothing to do with your characters. Open Battle.net and tcp ip can have dupable items via the temp file directory method.

DarKmatter said:
I'd love to know how duping works...
Here is how you dupe via TCP/IP:

1) Tell your friend to host a game
2) Go to C:\program files\diablo II\save and create a directory called Temp
3) Before you view your playalbe characters, copy all the character files related to the character's items you wanted copied. If you have a guy named Ass, then copy the Key and the files named Ass.*** to Temp.
4) Enter the IP game and drop the items you want duped.
5) Leave the game
6) When you see the options again, re-copy all the files in Temp back to Save. You will re-roll your character back to before you dropped the items.
7) Rejoin game and pick up what you dropped, tell your friend to occupy himself while you do so.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
EEX_ca_aok said:
No they arent... Only singleplayer/open/tcp-ip chars are stored on your computer. Closed realm characters are stored on the Bnet servers. Otherwise I could just use a character editor and become instantly rich :p
Partially correct. if you look in your hard drive/diablo2/save/(example)USeast,
you will find most of the files for that character on your computer, but unfortunately, blizzard keeps hold of one vital file for your character and keeps it on its servers. I beleive its the (your char).d2s file they keep.

Most dupe methods are based on the theory that if you create enough server lag, the game you're in will "de-synch". Those of you that know more, please add to this.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said, it stores somewhat login records and temporary files that allow your character to "see" it. But as you said, the important file that contains all character related data is owned by Battle.net.