Do you plan on buying World of Warcraft?

Do you plan on buying World of Warcraft

• Hell yes!

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Still waiting to see how much that monthly fee is

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Will wait to see reviews

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant afford another 15$ and another 130$ for WoW (or wahtever the cost is). I'm going to play warcraft ft for now and I'll start WoW because it may own diablo 2 lod. However, it will be from a computer center where they pay everything and i'll have perfect connection. Costs less and allows you to develop your hero.

SoNiC_tHe_IgEl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kotzwuerg.de.vu
I want WoW!!! i am going to get the usa version cuz we have to wait 2 (!!!) month in europe till we get it so i will play on the us servers till they putting up the german one!! ...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Andrew said:
where the hell do you think your money is going? part of it is going to help pay for the people to make patches. WoW will have WEEKLY updates. balance fixes and/or new additions. desperate? no. every company wants to make money. sure, 15 dollars a month may seem like $180, but it is small because it is like 50 cents a day. less than the cost of a hamburger at mcdonals if you had one every day for a month.. it won't cost 70 dollars either, more like 60 or 50. besides, who says you are going to play for a year? the first month is free and if you dont like it you can cancel it till a later date.
first off, blizzard cant patch for shit. weekly updates? if anything i would be surprised if they come up with something new in a month, monthly fee or not. Blizzard is just looking for easy money, face the truth.

15$ is low, I'm actualy expecting it to be 20$ here, whether or not u have 15$ where u are. Where are these hamburgers that cost 50 cents? best I get from Mcdonalds is 1.00, and guess what, MCdonalds suck. Please, get a real entry level job. then u can spend ur hard earned pay check on a stupid game. when u start making money yourself u will realize that 180$-240 dollars is a hell of a lot of money.

IF my friend can get me the game will be 70$. Normal store prices will be pushing 80$. Who says I won't play for a month. that must menas I won't like it cause it will suck. I have played War III for 2 years straight, throwing it in at least 5 times a week. if WOW is supposed to be "such an amazing well supported game" and all the bullshit I would want to play fora full year like War III, But IM NOT STUPID and I am not going to waste my money

ArchAngel370

Member!
Reaction score
im getting it even though it is around $15 a month to play.it will come just in time when i get my new comp :loopy

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Andrew said:
would you be interested with joining a BF clan with another character?

No, because BF clans don't work for shit. Trust me, I know this...

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
world of warcraft isnt a game like war3 so it would be easier. :( ill have a BF clan, but majority of the time i will be on another char! :D

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
I'am its like totally diff from Warcraft. Well in ways, it gunna be awsome, dont judge it by Warcraft. i hated it..lol

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get it. considering how we pay to play these MMORPG's in our country i'd definitley get it.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Yep i think i'm with every one else waiting for that fee part. I have played other games with monthly fees and i personally have found them to suck so thats one thing against a fee. plus blizzard shouldnt go for weekly updates thats going to require more people and therefor they will need a few to keep that up i say just work up the story really big befor it comes out then update it monthly maybe. it would also be stupid for blizzard to start to charge fees now

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
People actually buy games? *gasp*

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
If Blizzard has GOOD patches, and new areas, new items, new monsters, blah blah blah, pretty much a new game within a year, I'll definately get it. Why? If you get into the game, it's fun. If I were to get it, I would want to get in the game. And maybe we could have a BF Channel.

Biske

Reaction score
Eh, I don't have time to have my life sucked away into some imaginary world for the next 3 years while sending them my hard earned money. Now, if they charged you for like everytime you logged on and accumulated like 10 hours of game play, sure, but a flat fee...man, I wouldn't even play that thing more then 10 hours a month. Call me crazy, but food, electricity, and gas mean more to me then Blizzard.
RIP OFF

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Birthday:
January 30, 1988
sure.. you pay for your electricity?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Yeah...I recall the times when I was 16 as well. Didn't have to pay for a damn thing. Quote your sig, sir.

Biske

Reaction score
Now, I didn't say I pay for it exclusively, I help pay a good chunk of it though, so in my mind, that qualifies. My mom sees it as "I live here, I have a job, I can share in the bills", so I do. Quite nit picking to try and help people see that getting WoW is the best thing to do, you want to waste your life away, go ahead by all means.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Oh, I'm not. If you do recall my post in this thread, I'm not planning on buying it if it has the monthly charge. I'm just questioning you paying bills at such a ripe age.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
my parents impose a tax on me, and they take a percentage of wha I make... However my dad does find ways to manipulate the system so i dont actualy pay any taxes or something similar, but still..... Greedy bastards