Diablo III: Status Report

dark-blade8000

Member!
Reaction score
I'm sorry everyone but since no one has brought this up I guess I'm the one to have to deliver this dreadful news. Diablo III is NOT going to be released, its not in production, its not being developed, and it never will be. I've suspected this much ever since Blizzard North's members declared their departure from the company. The second thing that really manipulated me into the perspective that Diablo III wasn't coming out was the announcement of Starcraft II. This probably meant that at least some of those job postings on the official blizzard website were for Starcraft II. Finally, the thing that confirmed the fact that Diablo III was not in production and never will be was the announcement of World of Warcraft Expansion II: Wrath of the Lich King which was recently informed to fans by blizzard represenatives at blizzcon. Check the official site www.blizzard.com for proof. Since they said that the final game to be released was going to be announced at blizzcon that means World of Warcraft II: Wrath of the Lich King was the one and NOT Diablo III.

Sorry for double posting but I just found out another piece of information that will assure you Diablo III has ceased to come into existence. As you can see the job posting clearly states it is for WoW. This probably means the previous ones were for WoW or SC II as well.

Hot Job –
Senior Oracle DBA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for two Senior Oracle Database Administrators to join the existing DBA team for our flagship product World of Warcraft. While performing all duties associated with database administration including maintenance, tuning and data migration, Oracle DBAs will also be interacting directly with our development teams around the world to assist in the development and enhancements of World of Warcraft.
Take a look at the job posting here.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i dont see how any of this shows that the game isnt coming...

I'm sorry everyone but since no one has brought this up I guess I'm the one to have to deliver this dreadful news. Diablo III is NOT going to be released, its not in production, its not being developed, and it never will be.
how would you know that? theres multiple evidence that d3 IS being produced (no strait facts, but many hints and obvious job openings to replace those who left the diablo team

I've suspected this much ever since Blizzard North's members declared their departure from the company.
do you have any idea how many games would be put out of production because creators left? mortal kombat is one of the most popular games ever, its been around since the genises days, the original developer John Tobias has long left the company and its still making new games to this very day...

The second thing that really manipulated me into the perspective that Diablo III wasn't coming out was the announcement of Starcraft II. This probably meant that at least some of those job postings on the official blizzard website were for Starcraft II.
not true at all. just because a game came out, doesnt mean another franchise is going to eat dust. if that were the case Command and Conquer would never have released Tiberium wars 3, not to mention EVERY company releases multiple games...hwy would htat have -any- at all effect on a completely different game. also, as for the jobs going to starcraft, yes, some jobs more than likely in the past few years have gone to SC2, but only some. the jobs that have specifically stated what projects they are hiring for would not go to sc2, there have been numerous jobs for "creating creatures of the abyss" (thats got diablo written all over it) along with "To join team behind diablo1 and 2" has been in about 10 or so job offeres, they would not hire for diablo1/2 or warcraft teams then say "hah, that was just a trick, your working for SC" it doesnt work that way. people HAVE been hired to work with the diablo team, and the only thing the diablo team does, is work on diablo, hence the name.

Finally, the thing that confirmed the fact that Diablo III was not in production and never will be was the announcement of World of Warcraft Expansion II: Wrath of the Lich King which was recently informed to fans by blizzard represenatives at blizzcon.Check the official site www.blizzard.com for proof.
again, just because one game has been made, doesnt mean jack diddly that another game isnt. if that were the case, blizzard wouldnt have wc/sc/diablo series in the first place, they would ONLY have wc by your theory.

Since they said that the final game to be released was going to be announced at blizzcon that means World of Warcraft II: Wrath of the Lich King was the one and NOT Diablo III.
thats not the "final game" as in the end of blizzard making games, thats the end of games for THIS YEAR. theres multiple facts relating to at least 2 more titles being announced, read the threads in here for information, but in short

blizzard has admited to working on 2 new projects:
-1 project is an unknown game, no information is given besides its a new team titled "Team 3"
-1 project is an entirely new franchise all together, not related to any of the current franchises (wc/sc/diablo)
-1 of the projects has some infromation, when asked about the new game (not sure which game they were refering to, new franchise or team3's project) they said "it is not related to warcraft or starcraft" but never said diablo, this leads belief that it is for the team3 project, because if it was the new franchise, they would have included diablo in that list of what its not. and it would make since for "Team3" to be creating "Diablo3"

Sorry for double posting but I just found out another piece of information that will assure you Diablo III has ceased to come into existence. As you can see the job posting clearly states it is for WoW. This probably means the previous ones were for WoW or SC II as well.

Hot Job –
Senior Oracle DBA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for two Senior Oracle Database Administrators to join the existing DBA team for our flagship product World of Warcraft. While performing all duties associated with database administration including maintenance, tuning and data migration, Oracle DBAs will also be interacting directly with our development teams around the world to assist in the development and enhancements of World of Warcraft.
Take a look at the job posting here.
just because there hiring for wow doesnt mean d3 is not coming one day. to argue the job posting you showed, you could easily pull up 10+ job hirings on the blizz site for multilpe positions for the teams behind diablo1 and 2.

in short: your facts are really absolutely nothing, most of what you say is just that "since they released other games, there not going to release diablo3" but that is completely untrue, every company makes new games, EA for example, has made TONS Of games from the sims to battlefield to about a million sports games. and more to the point blizzard is BASED on making multiple games, thats why they hire different teams for each franchise.

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
DarkBlade.
What are you?
Some kind of monster tying to smash the hopes and dreams of nerds everywhere?
Stop it, we rely on hope!

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
also, just to prove you wrong even more:

Diabloii.net said:
Mythos is an action-rpg title in development by Flagship Studios. The title will immediately put you in mind of Diablo which is no surprise considering Flagship is the company the founding members of Blizzard went on to form after completing LoD and part of Diablo 3.

[[[Rextasy]]]

Member!
Reaction score
WoW is dying ftw. ive known people who play it at my school and they always talking about it but just recently i have my friends come on to AIM complaining that WoW sucks now. i highly doubt that they will not be making diablo 3. Soon people are gonna get sick of Wow, WC, and SC.

what will they do???!?! wont be playing those games they will be lip licking, drul falling for diablo 3! :D

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
WoW is far from dying. It's still growing actually, andis nearly at 10million users

yomama11

Member!
Reaction score
wow isnt dieing they still have tons of people and plus people who usually leave are the one that hate to lvl up and rather have some one else to do it and so they get bored and quit. so really only the people who are to lazy to level up leave it isnt dieing almost every time i go to gamestop they are selling a wow game.

dark-blade8000

Member!
Reaction score
hmm dragonskull remember when you said this

-1 of the projects has some infromation, when asked about the new game (not sure which game they were refering to, new franchise or team3's project) they said "it is not related to warcraft or starcraft" but never said diablo, this leads belief that it is for the team3 project, because if it was the new franchise, they would have included diablo in that list of what its not. and it would make since for "Team3" to be creating "Diablo3"

I'm pretty sure what they meant was WoW II because they said it wasn't related to starcraft or warcraft but not WoW. There was a chance that it was diablo III but it wasn't. It was WoW.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
uhm...how is a world of warcraft expansion not related to world of warcraft?

and theyve stilla nnounced another game in production (no clue what title it is, but theyve admited to having it in the works)
theres been 3, Starcraft2 was one, Warcrafts second xpan was one of htem, and theres still a third one thats had no information released other than "were working on it"

not to mention theres multiple cases of thems aying they have not forgotten the diablo universe.

Raizeen

Member!
Reaction score
if blizzard even maded diablo 3 it would take them 10 years or so 5 to be serious it even took them 2 years to make a expansion for wow witch they copied half the old content and placed new colors on it

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://pc.ign.com/articles/761/761079p1.html said:
However, don't get too excited. As Blizzard VP Itzik Ben Bassat recently told the crowd at a London WOW: The Burning Crusade launch event, " We cannot wait to be here in a few years, or however long it will be" to announce Diablo 3. "It's won't be a decade," he promised. Meaning either that Diablo 3 would be out by 2010 (ten years after the release of Diablo 2) or that it would be out by 2017, within ten years of the WOW expansion launch. But hey, at least it's coming!
C'mon guys, get with the program.

Raizeen

Member!
Reaction score
C'mon guys, get with the program.
diablo 3 will never be out as much as you want it they havent even started yet and blizzard isa joke for a company tbh and now within a few months wow will die and theyl lose a alot of money and for those who say wow wont die i have these words for you age of conan and warhammer

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
diablo 3 will never be out as much as you want it they havent even started yet and blizzard isa joke for a company tbh and now within a few months wow will die and theyl lose a alot of money and for those who say wow wont die i have these words for you age of conan and warhammer
diablo 3 is game blizzard makes more money than brains diablo 2 ruined by hacks and people leak private hacks wow is a cash cow theyl milke it til it dies 10 million people will take a long time to quit wow specially designed to be addictive people keep coming back blizzard conspires to sell online they make money off it and have tricky rules so they ban people so they will buy another account blizzard takes forever so their games are polished and market is ripe and they have analysts to make sure it hooks people and get continual sales

:doh:

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
imo: age of conan wont make wow even flitch, but warhammer will

wont KILL it, but it will drop in user numbers.

blizzard has made literally MILLIONS off of wow, do you really think blizzard will crash and burn considering the type of financial resources they have? if anything wow dieing will make them bring diablo3 out faster. and theres hard facts that diablo is in the process, which completely annihilates your -opinion- thast they havent even started it.

study up before you make a comment on things.

Servious_Guard

Reaction score
Made millions? With millions of subscribers, $15/month (Some people don't pay that much, but most do), that means 1 year is $1.8 Billion... A company would be hard pressed to go out of business with that sort of income.

Also, there may not be a Diablo 3, but the franchise isn't dead. Blizzard employees have been quoted mentioning that the franchise will be back, just not when and how.