Diablo III: Status Report

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
they arnt making as much as you might think. 120+ servers with a pop cap of something like 10k logged on at one time, is a tremendious amount of cpu's and money. then you figure you hire GM's/CR's for each and every server, then you have all the people that still activly work on the game, design new stuff, and oversee everything. I mean yeah, they're probaly banking a good three hundered mill a year, but not where near 2billion.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
they arnt making as much as you might think. 120+ servers with a pop cap of something like 10k logged on at one time, is a tremendious amount of cpu's and money. then you figure you hire GM's/CR's for each and every server, then you have all the people that still activly work on the game, design new stuff, and oversee everything. I mean yeah, they're probaly banking a good three hundered mill a year, but not where near 2billion.

thats exactly why i said millions :)

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hmm dragonskull remember when you said this

-1 of the projects has some infromation, when asked about the new game (not sure which game they were refering to, new franchise or team3's project) they said "it is not related to warcraft or starcraft" but never said diablo, this leads belief that it is for the team3 project, because if it was the new franchise, they would have included diablo in that list of what its not. and it would make since for "Team3" to be creating "Diablo3"

I'm pretty sure what they meant was WoW II because they said it wasn't related to starcraft or warcraft but not WoW. There was a chance that it was diablo III but it wasn't. It was WoW.
just like to make a note that in an interview they [blizzard reps] let it be known that they "are not even thinking about WoWII yet"