Diablo 3 Area/Act/Quest ideas!

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
If you have any ideas of areas in Diablo, like for example a lush green area blah blah etc etc then please post them here. Also give ideas for quests and the new acts!

Bye! Hoping to hear from you soon!

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
My idea of a Diablo 3 would have to take place maybe 20 -30 years after Diablo 2. Due to the worldstone being destroyed, a crack is formed between dementions. This will cause the two dementions to be tainted by the other one (our world and the realm where the prime evils are from.)
Shrouded in perpetual night their are more monsters running around, some have even become allies to our cause to see the two relmes return to normal. Due to this you now have a choice to be either a human or monster character, both with pros, and cons.
The game will be split into 2 major acts each consisting of eight quests. The first act will be earth bound, while the second act will be within the worldstone.
The first act could have a quest to save Harrogoth from invading demons within the town. You must hold off the invasion for a set period of time, in order to advance. Another quest could be to find "Cain's Book of History" to figure out how exactly you can get into the worldstone and what to do their. His reamins could be a type of shrine to some lesser demons on this world. To cross into the worldstone, you need a guide. Unfortunitly this guide is being pitted against a horde of worriors in a battle arena. With this quest you must defeat 2 human hero's, at the same time. Both are random character build types (Zealot, Hammerdin, Blizzard Sorc, Bone Necro, ect.) After aquiring a guide, you venture into the wordstone, and begin act2.
Once you enter, you are faced with a upside down mirror image of our world. Everything is backwards EVERYTHING! As powerful as your gear is in our world will make it that much more cursed. Every strength you had is now your weakness as far as gear goes. This means that not only must you have godly gear in our world, but another set of gear for the worldstone world as well. (Maybe have this world where runewords are not effective here or something along those lines.) Here you get another skill branch to add on a whole new group of skills and powers.
As far as surrounding go you could have a swamp land, where movement is lowed by half ,or even a area over a river of blood with one long single path bridge. While walking across this bridge you are attacked by creatures coming out of the water. Another idea could be a area where the air is poisonous, you take damage every second your within this poison cloud area unless you have good gear to counter it.
A good quest to have here would be a mirror match, where your character, and group are copied. You are then forced to fight them to proceed further. (intersting spin on a PVP game) This could be the equivilent to the ancients maybe.
A ending that could be intersting would be, a currupted Tyriel. Have him have the skills of any mix of player characters, and to add to that all the prime evils powers to boot.

Within this game you could have a seperate area to battle as PVP, and, or have a area of a town full of merchents who sell all differnt types of items depending on the person. Also a few NPC's that could sell you demon slaves as mercs. It would be nice to also have an area to stash all items found that are not in use. Even though "Mules" are not indorsed by blizzard, it still would be nice to have.

As for playing this on a battlenet styled enviornment, after beating a HELL level you will automatically be placed in a Hardcore version of the game known as Purgatory. If your character dies here then it is gone for good just like in hardcore now, all the gear is gone as well. You can find a hidden level in Purgatory like the cow level now, but it will be a one on one contest against a monster, after defeating it you get a harder one, and so on. Within this hidden area you can aquire any and all items and gear. Unfortunitlly you will be faced with every creature within the game, and since its hardcore, you can still die and loose everything you have. WHAT A CHALLENGE!

Please forgive the grammer I can not spell to save my life.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
WOW!!! AWESOME IDEA!!! :) :)

Just one prob. I like the whole thing except for the "There will be only 2 main acts in it" thing. Rather have more like hmmm....well 16 quests is not enough...and Diablo 2 exp has about 27 quests. Mebbe a better idea would be to have a) more quests or b)everytime you finish a difficulty level, the quests change.

hey how about saying that every character starts somewhere different, does different quests, but in the end does the same stuff.

thats all bye!

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Ok good point how about 4 acts, 2 here, and 2 in the worldstone. With a total of 10 quests in each act. Now that's alotta battling around, questing, and leveling.

Interesting idea of having characters start in different areas, but thats alot of code to right in a game. Your talking possibly hours of extra code to right just for that. It's a good idea but way to difficult. Also to have the quest change causes the same problem, with a compounded problem when in a multiplayer game on bnet. You will end up with players who have done the quest and others who haven't or some who have no reason to do that quest....so on and so on.

What about a pick a quest styled game, where in the first act, theirs 10 quests to pick to do in any order. Of course they should be about the same difficulty. Or maybe even have 4 quest to pick from instead of the 10 as a side quest type of thing, kinda like getting the book in act3 of D2 or the giben thing. Each one of the 4 quests will give either a extra skill level, + to life, + to mana, increased stats.

I also thought up some good character ideas, but their already posted, in the character thread. No point in redueing them again in here.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Cool, i like that idea. As you said it would be really hard to do the stuff i said but then again why are blizzard, blizzard? They need to work damn hardr to get what people want! :D Anyway I also see the battle.net prob. Even better, but would cause more work would be to create new worlds quests etc for the b.net games. hehe i dont know if that would work tho anyway good work sworn! i really like your ideas!

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
yeah i think so too, but not overly done like some games. also id stlil like it to be 2d! i dont like 3d games that much at all! anyway..cool thanks for the post BCK

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I just thought of something else what if instead of different quest for diferent difficulties, you could have maybe seven new character classes but have them as part of the demon horde, "the dark side". Have a darkmage (sorc), a minitor (barb), Drow archer (zon), undead knight (pally), elementalist (necro), a mystic (druid) and a thief (sin). Some oviously need work but let me think for a bit and I should come up with some great builds for them as well as skills.

Also have a gambling ability for pvp where you can gamble your money on who will be a winner in a duel, since their really isnt a good use for gold in bnet except for to get pots, crolls, and resserect mercs. Or maybe even a pvp npc fighter that is set up on the players level of exp, and character skill level.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
too much to think about, just keep it strait and simple with replay value

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
yeah thats what i was about to say:p diablo isnt about all that dumb stuff. Its just Sit down, play. I swear that i installed diablo 2 and a minute later i was already playing it. I really think that it should stay simple. Otherwise Sworn Enemy, your ideas are awesome! keep them coming guys!

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
id like to see the ingrediant system revamped too, maybe make a lot more possibilities for socketing items. MAYBE 3d...but i did like 2d a lot.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I'd like to see an area that is really really scary. Not just a bit scary (nowhere in diablo 2 is scary) but damn scary! If youve played things like Shadowman (which i find horrifying) youll know what i mean ( dont laugh because i find that scary! I just havnt been fully desensitised!) If shadowman isnt scary enough, think of the scariest game youve played! I want there to be spots where you really dont want to go, but have to anyway!

Keep the ideas rolling guys!

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Hehe! A a haunted area then, and make it like Silent Hill. Where demons or whatever can burst threw walls right next to you.

On another note if you could make it where the characters are on screen larger, (like maybe a third of the screen, and the detail was fine tuned. That would be really great. imagine what that would look like when you cast a spell.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Nah, that wouldnt work. In diablo you always end up in big battles fighting up to about 20 creatures at a time. If your character took up a third of the screen, he/she would get in the way! Argh! I hate games like that! Do you see what i mean?

Btw, what do you mean by REVAMPED? SOmeone please tell me :D

|Jesus|

Reaction score
Diablo3 Opinion

Allright guys these are all good ideas that yall have but the only problem with all of them is that Battle.net has only so many servers and so much bandwidth to spare. If the new diablo has lots of graphics and cool ass shit. it will take up lots of the servers badwidth. for running the current users and the new noobs. not that im saying that its a bad idea to make a new diablo, i think its a good idea,(If Blizzard doesnt screw it up) but if u add too much stuff, the game is gonna be laggy and choppy. If i would make any changes for a diablo3, 1 thing would be is to take out the gay act2 shit. with the search for the staff and what-not.

I dont know. i havent really givin it alot of thought on this matter ill get back to yal if i come up with anything else or if i need to correct anything i sayed hear.

thx for listing to me :corn

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
You could upgrade the severs to something like the Matrix online game (beta still) its amazing, high intense graphics with close to 1000 people on so far. Their never is a lag for me there.

Even if they added two servers to the original ones for each domain, used for d2 that would speed things up, its not like they dont havethe funds for it.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Please don't go off topic...

There should be an act where you gotta kill a Zealdin w/ teleport....it should have smart AI so if your a melee char, and you get too close, it teles away. If you are elemental it will tele away from your blasts...etc;

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Sword Tip said:
Please don't go off topic...

There should be an act where you gotta kill a Zealdin w/ teleport....it should have smart AI so if your a melee char, and you get too close, it teles away. If you are elemental it will tele away from your blasts...etc;
That could possibly tie into my idea with the collusem where you need to fight a random character class and build. I completely agree with this, and would love to have this happen in a game. Could you imagine it being a tri elemental sorc, hammerdin, or bone necro :bugeyes