Death Pact

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Death Pact in any team or solo games.

In my opinion, I think of Death Pact as an annoyance to focus firing. There has been a few times where the guy gets archers and focus fire on my Death Knight. At about 200 life or so, I would use Death Pact on the nearest unit (Skeletons, Ghouls, sometimes Fiends (last resort)). Then I would be healed and the focus firing was in vain. I think also Death Pact is a boon with necromancers and raised units. Raise some skeletons and death pact them for a quick 180 HP-260HP. If you can Death Pact animated dead units like Tauren for a quick 1300 (only when thier timer runs out and no units are around and/or left). I would like to hear what you think about death pact. In short, I like it but only as a last resort.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
With good microing, you wont be in a situation where you'd use DP

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
death pact level 1 is a better spell then animate dead, so i get taht first. and remember DP level 3 provieds like 300% of the target hp, so potions are never needed at level 10, a ghould will give more than enough at a fraction of the price

ChrisH36

Reaction score
N_ said:
With good microing, you wont be in a situation where you'd use DP
Not if you're being shot by air, good luck trying to outrun that :p

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Not if you're being shot by air, good luck trying to outrun that :p
You'll be surprised what hapepend in my first game with Aragorn, his DK never died, unlike my heroes. (and yes, I ended up making some chims)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Depends how many chims you have and whatever race Aragorn was. If you focused fire on the hero with your chims, you would take off about 1/5 - 1/4 of life (depending on chim count and upgrades). He could have microed alot so that you would be in his aa's range. Either that, he has death pact and taking the life from the full hp units to save himself.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I usually go Coil Unholy Coil DP Coil Unholy- Modify as needed from there.

Reaction score
Death Pact is a waste in my opinion. The mana is better used with coil and a pot can heal all that is really needed

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but you won't get those until you get a Halls of Dead and kill some creeps.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DP at level one has both a greater efficiency and HP restored then a pot, when used on a ghoul.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Xenoce said:
DP at level one has both a greater efficiency and HP restored then a pot, when used on a ghoul.
Thats called waste of money when you could use 150 gold to restore 250 life, you're only restoring what, 110 life from ghoul.

INEFFICIENT

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Some people DONT exactly carry those, I do but usually not the staff.

N_Edd said:
110 life from ghoul
WHERE THE HELL DID YOU LEARN MATH. 330 HP Ghoul when lvl 1 Death pacted adds 330 life to the death knight. It will heal 110 if the Ghoul had 110 life. I think you got Dark Ritual mixed up with Death Pact.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Some people DONT exactly carry those, I do but usually not the staff.

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU LEARN MATH. 330 HP Ghoul when lvl 1 Death pacted adds 330 life to the death knight. It will heal 110 if the Ghoul had 110 life. I think you got Dark Ritual mixed up with Death Pact.
oh yea lol, due to the fact that I never use death pact....

so ok, you use one of valuable unit for tank in UD as pot? USELESS

USELESS

I'd rather have aura and coil thx very much, death pact is only useful in lvl 3.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I would only DP useless Acolytes, Ghouls, Skeletons, and Beetles. Easy enemies that can be replaced would suffice.

Reaction score
I rather have a 400 healing/200 damaging spell for 75 mana then something that heals your life which can easily be done for 150 gold. Think about it, statues + creep is about 12hp/second and this is WITHOUT items. DK has a reaosnably high hitpoint so he shouldn't really need healing

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Unless you are focused fired by a load of chims, then who wouldn't?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Unless you are focused fired by a load of chims, then who wouldn't?
who makes chims in solo?

Maybe you're talking about FFA, which is why you have web and gargs and so on.

plus, if a person masses chim, by then, you'll probly have high armor and hp to block off that magic damage.